[RC] bbDKP 1.4.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Jaifaime

Re: [RC] bbDkp (1.09rc1)

Post by Jaifaime » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi,

I run a site with multiple FFXI linkshells/guilds on it and I've been looking for a point system solution. I have each linkshell setup as a custom group with the linkshell leader as group leader and moderator of their own forum section. I don't need a portal (I have one that I am helping to develop) and I don't need any sort of raid management/signup (definitely not the signup part, but possibly something like a raid scheduler). Really what I am looking for is a simple system where each linkshell leader can manage their own linkshell members points, in phpBB terms I suppose this would translate to each group leader being able to manage their group members points. I've been looking and looking and looking and can't find anything that seems like it would even remotely be what I need. This looks to be the closest, but also looks to be way more complicated than what I need. I've checked out the demo site for this, but it's all set for WoW so it's difficult to tell how this would work for FFXI (since it says it supports FFXI).

I am hoping for any information I can get regarding how well this works when setup for FFXI and if it's possible to "dumb down" for the minimal needs I have for my site. If this wouldn't really work for my needs, would anyone have any suggestions of other possible solutions for me?

Thanks,
Jaifaime
This account is inactive. Have a nice day.

Sajaki
Name: Andreas

Post by Sajaki » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:57 am

Jaifaime wrote:Hi,

I run a site with multiple FFXI linkshells/guilds on it and I've been looking for a point system solution. I have each linkshell setup as a custom group with the linkshell leader as group leader and moderator of their own forum section. I don't need a portal (I have one that I am helping to develop) and I don't need any sort of raid management/signup (definitely not the signup part, but possibly something like a raid scheduler). Really what I am looking for is a simple system where each linkshell leader can manage their own linkshell members points, in phpBB terms I suppose this would translate to each group leader being able to manage their group members points. I've been looking and looking and looking and can't find anything that seems like it would even remotely be what I need. This looks to be the closest, but also looks to be way more complicated than what I need. I've checked out the demo site for this, but it's all set for WoW so it's difficult to tell how this would work for FFXI (since it says it supports FFXI).

I am hoping for any information I can get regarding how well this works when setup for FFXI and if it's possible to "dumb down" for the minimal needs I have for my site. If this wouldn't really work for my needs, would anyone have any suggestions of other possible solutions for me?

Thanks,
Jaifaime
the idea of Dragon kill points (DKP) is that points are awarded to a player. the number of points each player has earned reflects his or her priority to get in-game loot. so points earned - points spent = total.

EQDKP was one the original php systems making this possible. bbdkp is a fork of this, to integrate it in phpbb.

however, recently epgp has been gaining momentum as an evolution of the dkp concept. instead of 1 score, you get 3 scores. EP, GP, PR, where PR = EP/GP. your loot priority depends on your PR ratio. if it is higher, you get the loot. of course getting new loot will lower your PR ratio, so you'll be lower on the priority list. currently epgp is not yet implemented in bbdkp but that will come.

the bbdkp db installer has a pulldown where you can select the game you want. this will install game parameters (class, faction, race) for the game you choose. FFXI is included.

The next release will have a revamped installer, based on UMIL (a phpbb installer framework). this will allow us to modularise the installer per game and provide more possibilities for customisation. in this respect i've been retuning the FFXI installer file so that it is more uptodate with the game as it stands, (i heard theres FFXII coming too). currently missing are better graphics. that's where the you and FFXI community come in since i don't play this game.

As for the raid scheduler, it is not part of the package, as it doesn't fall within the scope of a loot distribution system. we might however write a phpbb mod specifically for this.

The demo site is set up for Wow, because that's the primary mmo for which bbdkp was developed.

you mention multiple linkshells (=guilds ?). This mod is set up as a single guild-system. However, we use the concept of DKP pools, so you could use that for differentiating between linkshells.

The permission system allows you to give BBDKP ACP access to any user group you like.

But there is no link between forum user and game member record. that idea is still on the table.

hth,

Sajaki

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:43 am

This looks very interesting indeed.
I'm running a small community which spans over 3 different games (WoW, WAR and soon Aion). My question is, could i set bbDkp up so it supports all 3 games? The DKP feature is not important for me atm, as we normally use officer assignment. But all the other features like roster, recruiting, lastest drops and item rollovers look very interesting. Could this be setup to support multiple games at once?

Frode789

Post by Frode789 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:02 am

As far as Aion support goes, he (Sajaki) said that it will come with 1.1 release. RC2 of 1.09 will be out soon, so not much waiting left :)

Mess

Post by Mess » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:45 am

Frode789 wrote:As far as Aion support goes, he (Sajaki) said that it will come with 1.1 release. RC2 of 1.09 will be out soon, so not much waiting left :)
Yes I saw, it looks promising. My question is though, can it support all 3 games at the same time?

Sajaki

Post by Sajaki » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:34 am

Mess wrote: Yes I saw, it looks promising. My question is though, can it support all 3 games at the same time?
not out of the box.

Mess

Post by Mess » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:35 am

Sajaki wrote:
Mess wrote: Yes I saw, it looks promising. My question is though, can it support all 3 games at the same time?
not out of the box.
Are you aware of any guides posted on how to achieve this with bbDkp? Would you rather I asked for support in you're forums?

Sajaki

Post by Sajaki » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Mess wrote:Are you aware of any guides posted on how to achieve this with bbDkp? Would you rather I asked for support in you're forums?
no, havent written any guides on this, as the question hasn't come up yet.

for implementing multiple games **at the same time**, the database tables would need an extra key to indicate the game, php code and templates would have to be rewritten to reflect this, so it would be a big undertaking.

i may keep it in mind as a future feature.
Last edited by Sajaki on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sajaki

Post by Sajaki » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:32 am

Jaifaime wrote:Hi,

I run a site with multiple FFXI linkshells/guilds on it and I've been looking for a point system solution.
Hi,

The multiple guilds feature is now done and committed in SVN. you can set them up inside the ACP. In the member ACP screen you'll be able to choose the guild to which the member belongs. because of this, we've redone the roster screen to make it global, i.e. not only for Warcraft, and it is now a standard part of the install, no longer a plugin.

we've changed the functionality of the armory plugin so that it will connect to remote armory sites (blizzard & aion) and update your member and guild table.

we've also decided that RC2 will not be released as too many features were added to still qualify this as an RC release. so this means we're skipping 1.0.9 to go straight to a 1.1 release.

the delay in releasing is partly due to feature creep, but mostly because implementing UMIL to cover all possible scenarios has proved to be daunting.

JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:02 pm

Will this support EVE Online any time soon?

Sajaki

Post by Sajaki » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:34 am

JunglistPerfection wrote:Will this support EVE Online any time soon?
no, i'm not familiar with that game.

Sajaki

Post by Sajaki » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:49 am

bbdkp 1.1 alpha2 is online now. (revision 752). this is the projected changelist.
  • * phpbb technical : installer transition to UMIL, dbms independent (Oracle, MSSQL, Postgresql).
    * compatible with PHP 5.3.0
    * bbDkp 1.0.8 and EQDKP importer using UMIL class : you install a fresh bbdkp (incl db) and then launch the importer of your choice. This works for eqdkp 1.3.2, 1.4.0 and Plus.
    * Database table backup, uses phpbb functionality. You can now backup you bbdkp tables from inside the ACP.
    * XHTML W3C compatible
    * portal is installed by default (portal.php)
    * indexpage is table dropped, we use $config and the class table for recruitment status.
    * Leaderboard works for all games and not just for Warcraft anymore
    * Player Stats page works for all games. previously this page broke down as classes were hardcoded to Wow.
    * itemstats is rewritten to include wowhead spell, achievement, npc, character, guild tooltips, Proffessions, Quests
    * bbdkp is now multi-guild, new Guild acp; member and rank ACP have been rewritten;
    * Roster, Ctrt, Apply tables installer moved to plugin Installers using Umil. We wanted the bbdkp installer to be less cluttered.
    * Roster rewritten to multiguild feature, is part of standard install for all games, blizzard and aion armory connectors
    * bbdkp wow class id's have been changed to match blizzard armory class id's. we're dumping the eqdkp-inherited class id's
    * ctrt rewritten, new xml parser, now accepts dkp prices from ct_raidtracker
    * epgp, dkp caps (50% dkp gain after n dkp level, dkp depreciation : after n time you lose x % dkp
    * Bossprogress update for Wow patch 3.2, and now also for other games (EQ2)
    * Dkp permissions are now usergroup based. So you can disable access for board guests or recruits.

Sajaki

Re: [ALPHA] bbDkp (1.1 A2)

Post by Sajaki » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:55 am

Alpha3 is now done.

The armory plugin is now ready for 1.1, with Aion import added : this is how it will show when you have Aion installed as default game.

when you import a Legion, it shows you :

and it is logged :
so the guild is added in a new table "guilds" (for multiguild), and the ranks and members are added.
Image.

the characters will then show up in the roster, like for Wow :
the problem is that in Aion, there's only 4 images available, no variation per class like in Wow, unless you "upload" your own image to Aiononline. In a later release i'll link bbdkp characters to phpbb, and add the ability to change the avatar.

the indexpage table is gone, the class table has been enhanced to contain recruitment info per archetype role (dps/tank/heal), and the configuration in the ACP is now done with little pulldowns, steering the portal frontpage :

eunaumtenhoid

Re: [ALPHA] bbDkp (1.1 A3)

Post by eunaumtenhoid » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:37 pm

i dont understand, whats it mod?

which file do I download?
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes

Sajaki

Re: [ALPHA] bbDkp (1.1 A3)

Post by Sajaki » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:46 pm

the new bbdkp-Aion demo site is now online. version 1.1 alpha3 rev 776