[BETA] Prime Update Email

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
katib

Re: [BETA] Prime Update Email

Post by katib »

Thanks for tip
I tried it, it gave me error

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/prime_update_email.php on line 184: Undefined property: prime_update_email::$page
By the way I wonder why Mod's author didnot mention your tip anywhere ;)
katib

Post by katib »

katib wrote: But I do have a question: How this Mod know a user has changed his email address into a new VALID one?
I will reply to myself
So please correct me if I am wrong
Suppose a user is marked to change his email address, This Mod changes this flag and assume user has changed his email address if that user enter his UCP ant put a new adddress. The success of this change is logged at the board's log
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Yes, that's how it works. It does not check for an actual valid email address, just does the standard valid syntax check.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
katib

Post by katib »

Please,
After forcing a user to update his email adress, where can I find a list of all those forced users?
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

There is an updated ZIP file on my website for this MOD which has this ability. There are no upgrade instructions, but basically just follow the instructions and ignore all the file edits because the file edits are the same as the previous version.
Ken F. Innes IV
femu

Post by femu »

Great. That gives a good overview!

Thanks a lot for the update!
Regards, femu

Post by katib »

Thanks for the update
Thilak

Post by Thilak »

Regards Thilak aka Chalong
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Thanks!
Ken F. Innes IV
exintaexi

Post by exintaexi »

Extremely useful mod, this should be included in the core! In a medium board I get 200 NDR's per day and I had to manually instruct users to change e-mail! I'm going to test it out today, I hope it will work!
TomAlex

Post by TomAlex »

TomAlex

Post by TomAlex »

I just have downloaded 1.0.0a from the site.
This error is still present.
In prime_update_email.php in line 184
Instead:

if ($this->page['page_name'] != "posting.$phpEx" || (strpos($user->page['query_string'], 'mode=post') === false && strpos($user->page['query_string'], 'mode=reply') === false && strpos($user->page['query_string'], 'mode=edit') === false))
as I understood, means:

if ($user->page['page_name'] != "posting.$phpEx" || (strpos($user->page['query_string'], 'mode=post') === false && strpos($user->page['query_string'], 'mode=reply') === false && strpos($user->page['query_string'], 'mode=edit') === false))
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Hm, I could have sworn I fixed that. Anyway, I just fixed it again and uploaded so and confirmed it uploaded so it should be correct now. And thanks for the translation.
Ken F. Innes IV
Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

Hi Ken,

I just installed this MOD and I tested it with a test account with an invalid email address and it doesnt seem to be working. This is what I did so far:

1) I did the code edits as per the install file instructions. (I triple checked the edits)
2) I ran the sql query.
3) Transfered the MOD files.
4) Went to Module management and activated & enabled Invalid Email Accounts in ACP-> Users and Groups -> Users section.
5) I then created a test account.
6) After the account activation, I went to the UCP of the test account and changed the email address to an invalid email address.
7) I then sent a PM as admin to this test account. I received the "Mail Delivery Failed" email returned on my email inbox.
8) When I checked the ACP-> Users and Groups -> Invalid Email Accounts, it still says "No inactive users".
9) I also tried sending a mass email to this test user account that also bounced back with a "Mail Delivery Failed" email.
10) When I rechecked the ACP, it still says "No inactive users".
11) I logged in to the test user account and it did not direct me to the UCP to update email address or anything.

Can you please tell me why it wasnt working? Do I have the set up anything else? My board email settings are using SMTP method and using 'Login' as the "Authentication method for SMTP".

Can you help me please? I couldnt figure out why this isint working for me.

BTW, I have phpbb 3.0.11
Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

Okay..after a bit more looking around everywhere, I found it. When I receive the bouncing email, I need to find the username using find a member link and then go to ACP - > Users & Group -> Search for that user - > Select Request for email address from the drop-down list under Basic Tools. After this, the user is listed under Inactive Email Accounts and it also send a PM to that user requesting to update their email address (or) force user to update their email address depending on the settings..
femu wrote:Ah! Found it. Thanks! You should mention this in the install file (just for those stupid guys like me :lol: )
I agree. It would have been a lot easier if it was mentioned in the install file. I thought this mod automatically recognized invalid email addresses and I didint know I need to add that in manually.

The only thing I am still not sure is: Even when the user is listed under Inactive Email Accounts, the board is still attempting to send emails to that user. After adding that user using the steps mentioned above, I tried sending another PM to that user to see if I receive the bouncing email in my inbox and it did. Isint this mod supposed to stop sending emails?

Other than that, everything else is great. Thanks for this mod.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”