[Beta] Topic Ratings Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
maxrpg

Re: [Beta] Topic Ratings Mod

Post by maxrpg »

Hello,

Does anyone have this mod installed on there forum?, if so could you please post a screenshot or a link to your site so I can see what the mod is like please. The mod will take a long time to install and I would appreciate it if someone could show me a working example before I start just incase its not what I need.

The authors website has been locked.

Nevermind I decided to go ahead and install it and im so glad I did because this is exactly what I have been wanting and it works brilliantly.

some screens for people who may want to know what it looks like:

Thank you so much for this awesome mod :D .
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

works on 3.0.6 ?
Andrewsha

Post by Andrewsha »

maxrpg wrote: Nevermind I decided to go ahead and install it and im so glad I did because this is exactly what I have been wanting and it works brilliantly.
Hello!
Where are you get STAR-picture? I have blue-circle in mine :)
neonshares

Post by neonshares »

It would be good if it had ajax instant rating ability.
Instead of selecting the rating level and clicking on rate button, if he have direct 5 stars displayed and when we click on the stars it must store the rating instantly. Is it possible to achieve?
Higher the stars to the right we select, more is the rating as we see in many blogs and sites. ;)
ttuu

Post by ttuu »

Andrewsha wrote:
maxrpg wrote: Nevermind I decided to go ahead and install it and im so glad I did because this is exactly what I have been wanting and it works brilliantly.
Hello!
Where are you get STAR-picture? I have blue-circle in mine :)
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9326325
colinmcrae

Post by colinmcrae »

Hello,
For what i've seen, the first version was just a number from 1 to 5 to choose and then you put pics instead of the number. If i'm right, can you please re-upload the first version with only the number cause i really need that kind of mod. (or you can send me by PM)

Thank you :)
neonshares

Post by neonshares »

Is this possible to achieve?
neonshares wrote:It would be good if it had ajax instant rating ability.
Instead of selecting the rating level and clicking on rate button, if he have direct 5 stars displayed and when we click on the stars it must store the rating instantly. Is it possible to achieve?
Higher the stars to the right we select, more is the rating as we see in many blogs and sites. ;)
renefeli

Post by renefeli »

Hi,

I have installed this MOD. It works great until we get redirected to the original Post, just after clicking on the Rate icone. We donnot go back properly to the post, but somewhere else (a lost place in the forum), and then it gets lost !!
In the "functions_topic_rating.php" file there is :
'return_topic' => (The topic_id of the topic to be returned to ... also the current topic ... by default this param = 0));
Is this the problem ? The return topic value not properly set ? The default value is 0 ?? How to go back properly to the current post and not a lost place ??
Anyone encountered this ?

Thanks for your help !
tmetcalf

Post by tmetcalf »

Mod looks good - is there a Karma module available?
I have this one running http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=645855 but it is a bit buggy.
Are there any ratings issues once voting is closed? With my current mod, once the rating period closes, the stars vanish.
Best,
Toby
youngjediknight

Post by youngjediknight »

Excellent mod! Please don’t abandon it as seems to be the fate of other ratings mods.

Would you give any thought to rating based on mouse-over on the stars rather than the drop-down menu?

Also, I am trying to incorporate this in other areas where topics are listed. Specifically, in a similar topics mod and on a portal page where abstracts of topics are shown. I’d like to incorporate the star ratings on these pages. Can you provide guidance on what changes might need to be made to the php pages of these mods so it recognizes the template changes to show the stars?
joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

Hmmm I see andy's board is locked and no replies from him since august... I'm really interested but I wonder if this mod is still supported...
I learn English with phpbb.com :)
tmetcalf

Post by tmetcalf »

Just installed and testing. 2 issues:
1. It is only possible to rate the Topic, not threads within
2. There is no Karma attached so the community will not know each poster's ave. ratings
Are these options available with this mod? What is there ratings mod you use?
Thank you,
Toby
joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

This mod allows to rate topic and doesn't include karma.... ;)
andy2295 wrote:Modification Description:: This MOD allows users to rate topics on a scale of 0-5.
I learn English with phpbb.com :)
tmetcalf

Post by tmetcalf »

Thank you joe. I wish we could rate threads within the topic as well.
Cheers,
Toby
aurquiel

Post by aurquiel »

Hi I want to change the circles for the stars, please.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”