[RC] Facebook style status mod 1.0.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
micha82

Re: [RC] Facebook style status mod 1.0.4

Post by micha82 »

I love this mod so much and the installation worked perfectly up until updating the status

I can update the status no problem but when it comes to showing in the viewforum_body it doesn't show up in all replies I've made. Looking through my forum it only shows up on the odd post mainly if I started the topic or last to reply.

I've got no clue why, I did everything that was asked in the Mod & am not a n00b at it..... just wondering if it's a problem anyone else is facing or if you have a fix?

I've taken down the link in the overall header right now so members can't update their status until I get it working 100%

Thanks for your help in advance
platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 »

micha82 wrote:I love this mod so much and the installation worked perfectly up until updating the status

I can update the status no problem but when it comes to showing in the viewforum_body it doesn't show up in all replies I've made. Looking through my forum it only shows up on the odd post mainly if I started the topic or last to reply.

I've got no clue why, I did everything that was asked in the Mod & am not a n00b at it..... just wondering if it's a problem anyone else is facing or if you have a fix?

I've taken down the link in the overall header right now so members can't update their status until I get it working 100%

Thanks for your help in advance
Check and make sure that

Code: Select all

if (isset($config['enable_status']))
{
			// status 
		$sql = 'SELECT status_text
				FROM '.STATUS_TABLE.'
					WHERE user_id ='.$poster_id.' ORDER BY status_time DESC LIMIT 1';
				$result = $db->sql_query($sql);

while($row = $db->sql_fetchrow( $result )) {
				$template->assign_block_vars('postrow.stat', array(	

'STATUS'			=> $row['status_text'],
		));
	}
}
Is rite After

$template->assign_block_vars('postrow.attachment', array(
				'DISPLAY_ATTACHMENT'	=> $attachment)
			);
		}
	}
Largo84

Post by Largo84 »

That's a coincidence.
I just added something like that to my board3 portal website using this mod.

I love this mod!
Fullsize Image
Last edited by Largo84 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Does the above post have anything to do with this mod? if so, pls disregard.... and if not, can you add something similiar for index.php/board 3 portal. ? that would be awesome. :)
Largo84

Post by Largo84 »

All the status related things on my website on the portal comes from this mod using resources that are already in the mod.

The USer's Status just uses a tweaked version of what is already in the ACP section. And the status under the username in the user menu block uses somethign similar to what platinum_2007 has posted above.

I think it might be a bit hard for the modder to add these features as there are so many different portals. It's also very hacky, but if you use the code posted above, that's how you can get the same kind of feature.

Some very good support and work from platinum_2007 here.
micha82

Post by micha82 »

thanks so much platinum_2007, worked like a treat! however took me forever to figure out which php file to edit (it's viewtopic.php) lol plus no where in the install file did it mention to add the code right after

'DISPLAY_ATTACHMENT'   => $attachment)
         );
      }
   }
instead asks to install right above

// We overwrite $_REQUEST['f'] if there is no forum specified
so I took the code away from where it said in the install and put it right after where you told me to and it worked :D

thanks again!
platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 »

micha82 wrote:thanks so much platinum_2007, worked like a treat! however took me forever to figure out which php file to edit (it's viewtopic.php) lol plus no where in the install file did it mention to add the code right after

'DISPLAY_ATTACHMENT'   => $attachment)
         );
      }
   }
instead asks to install right above

// We overwrite $_REQUEST['f'] if there is no forum specified
so I took the code away from where it said in the install and put it right after where you told me to and it worked :D

thanks again!
Sorry bout that i should have told you have file to edit, This was a mistake i made in the install.xml but has been fixed since. you must have downloaded it rite before i fixed it :lol:
Largo84

Post by Largo84 »

I've discovered that if you install "AIR-box Auto Image Resizer Box" mod, Status mod doesn't work.
It's definatly down to the Javascript as if I put the status JS first, it doesn't work and AIR-Box does, but if I put AIR-Box first, Status does and Air-Box doesn't. There must be something clashing in there somwhere. any chance of a solution?
platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 »

Largo84 wrote:I've discovered that if you install "AIR-box Auto Image Resizer Box" mod, Status mod doesn't work.
It's definatly down to the Javascript as if I put the status JS first, it doesn't work and AIR-Box does, but if I put AIR-Box first, Status does and Air-Box doesn't. There must be something clashing in there somwhere. any chance of a solution?
That is a problem with Jquery and mootools clashing i believe, you would have to use mootools to do what i have Jquery doing rite now (opening the status window and submitting the status).
superj707

Post by superj707 »

<!-- IF STATUS_ENABLE_VIEWTOPIC and ENABLE_STATUS -->

is not enough options (switches) for me. I am using a small table for decoration and I would like it to not exist if there is no status value. Thus if the status is not blank then the table can appear. I would like this

<!-- IF STATUS -->

How hard would it be to add this switch ?
platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 »

superj707 wrote:<!-- IF STATUS_ENABLE_VIEWTOPIC and ENABLE_STATUS -->

is not enough options (switches) for me. I am using a small table for decoration and I would like it to not exist if there is no status value. Thus if the status is not blank then the table can appear. I would like this

<!-- IF STATUS -->

this should work

<!-- BEGIN stat -->
<!-- IF postrow.stat.STATUS -->
			<p>{postrow.stat.STATUS}</p> 
<!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- END stat -->
superj707

Post by superj707 »

superj707 wrote:<!-- IF STATUS_ENABLE_VIEWTOPIC and ENABLE_STATUS -->

<!-- IF STATUS -->

seems like this would work but it doesn't
<!-- IF postrow.stat.STATUS --> this stuff dependent on the IF statement being true <--ENDIF-->

ARGH.. I really just need a simple switch that says yes there is a value set for {postrow.stat.STATUS} or no the status is blank (empty)
platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 »

Thats what postrow.stat.STATUS checks for.

Try <!-- IF stat.STATUS -->
trickoff

Post by trickoff »

Thank you for a really wonderful MOD! :D

Edit: Forgot to ask. I read in one earlier post about how to show the 10 latest status updates by all members. You wrote som code, but I didn't understand where to put it :?

What I would like to do is the same as Largo84 did - to show the 10 latest status updates on the index page of my phpbb3 board.
Would love to get some help with this =)
Thank you in advance!
superj707

Post by superj707 »

trickoff wrote:Thank you for a really wonderful MOD! :D

Edit: Forgot to ask. I read in one earlier post about how to show the 10 latest status updates by all members. You wrote som code, but I didn't understand where to put it :?

What I would like to do is the same as Largo84 did - to show the 10 latest status updates on the index page of my phpbb3 board.
Would love to get some help with this =)
Thank you in advance!
I have been trying to do this also for over a week now.
I would also like an avatar, comment (wall mod) link, PM link.and delete own past update ... basically I want it to look like this

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”