[ALPHA] ZenbTracker - phpBB3 torrent tracker

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
bobocop

Re: [ALPHA] ZenbTracker - phpBB3 torrent tracker

Post by bobocop »

toxi wrote:It can use Database SQLLite or only MySQL?
At updating on newer version, a file *.sql it is necessary to update in base or not?

UPD: On tracker there is a section ' For adults ', how it is possible to make so that at call of the user to which does not have 18-21 years that there was an inscription, what ' the input in this section is forbidden to you?
Has undressed only for adults ', plus protection by installation of the password if who will guess to change date of a birth in a structure. The password will be in the closed section of a forum or will be given only to the certain circle of users. Also, if there will be ' clever ' a user who will think to change year of the birth, after such prevention I think that right after registration could not edit more field of date of a birth and it will be available for editing only administration tracker.
None of this has really anything to do with the tracker,
You need to set those permissions, if you don't want someone to download a torrent then you set that person or groups no download permissions.

If you want, you could make 2 seperate forums, one for Adults and one for everybody, but you set that with the permissions,
It's the same way when setting up a regular forum, do you want guest to see it or not ?
same with torrents , do you want guest / adults to download or not ?
bobocop

Post by bobocop »

By the way, this is a great feature, the problem with this catching on is that everyone (except the few) already have a site setup.
so i really don't understand why this is first being released for those that don't have a website.
I mean, it's being released only to be setup from scratch, noone on phpbb.com is setting up a site from scratch, everyone already has a site,
so my question is why wasn't the mod released first ?
There would be 100% more interest in this.
toxi
Name: Roman Pavlovsky

Post by toxi »

For visitors it will be available for the beginning, but the section " For adults " is hidden by the rights of a forum and is not available for visitors.
Here I think to make ad hoc group and in it will add "adult" users for which this section it is available.
phpbb v3.0.11 worker and phpbb v3.1.x test
digital_sc4rz

Post by digital_sc4rz »

Yea i agree -- Bringing out just the mod would have been better -- But if you look @ the files you can see what changes have been done :) I use a program called Kdiff. Then by knowning what files have the changes you will be able to work on it and get it running on your live website. I'm still working on a few things at the moment on it but it runs pretty good at the moment - I have it setup on a test server :D
bobocop wrote:By the way, this is a great feature, the problem with this catching on is that everyone (except the few) already have a site setup.
so i really don't understand why this is first being released for those that don't have a website.
I mean, it's being released only to be setup from scratch, noone on phpbb.com is setting up a site from scratch, everyone already has a site,
so my question is why wasn't the mod released first ?
There would be 100% more interest in this.
bobocop

Post by bobocop »

digital_sc4rz wrote:Yea i agree -- Bringing out just the mod would have been better -- But if you look @ the files you can see what changes have been done :) I use a program called Kdiff. Then by knowning what files have the changes you will be able to work on it and get it running on your live website. I'm still working on a few things at the moment on it but it runs pretty good at the moment - I have it setup on a test server :D
Well, i really don't want it intergrated into my site that i have now, I want it to be a seperate site, i was just suggesting because a lot of people might prefer it that way.
and it would get more attention. (i could be wrong)
tupeu

Post by tupeu »

i think there should be some tracker statistics on the portal page !

still testing this...

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”