Author: Martin Truckenbrodt
Modification Description:: The MOD adds more DNS blacklists (DNSBL) to phpBB3 to block more spammers while registration and posting.
A user friendly UTC -12 check is added.
All block actions are logged in a new Block log and can be activated separately.
Modification Version:: 1.0.2
- The blacklists will be added and managed by ACP. (phpBB3 by default has two lists hard-coded in includes/session.php)
- There is a weight system with a threshold value of 5. So you can give blacklists a lower weight that results that some blacklists have to work together with other blacklists . E.g. I've set dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net and dnsbl-3.uceprotect.net to weight value 2 cause they are listing IP address ranges and not single IPs. So the IP address have to be listed in one more blacklist to get blocked by phpBB3.
- If available, lookup links can be provided to the log entries and the block message, too.
- On user registration two wrong timezones are added to the begin and the end of the timezone dropdown menue to block most of the spammers which in most cases are always using the first entry of the dropdown menue. (Without this MOD UTC -12.)
- All positive DNSBL and DNS MX block actions done by includes/session.php are added to a new log called Block log visible under ACP->Maintenance.
- Timezone check, all blacklists and the block logs can be disabled by ACP.
- UMIL support
- ACP -> Maintenance -> Block log: http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/pics ... ockLog.jpg
- ACP -> DNSBL settings -> list: http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/pics ... DNSBL1.jpg
- ACP -> DNSBL settings -> details: http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/pics ... DNSBL2.jpg
Demo Username: N/A
Demo Password: N/A
Modification Download: http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/a ... block_mod/ The MOD has been validated on 21th June 2009.