[MODDB] mChat

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
farazhamzaa
Registered User
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: [RC3] mChat

Post by farazhamzaa » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:23 am

its my 3rd post but yet didnt any reply..

how can we block a register user from mchat

is it possible ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

forumntn
Registered User
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 10:57 am

Re: [RC3] mChat

Post by forumntn » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:11 am

Haven't thought of that one.
Good question...can you? HOW?

User avatar
mej284
Registered User
Posts: 1126
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:38 am

Re: [RC3] mChat

Post by mej284 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:30 am

farazhamzaa wrote:its my 3rd post but yet didnt any reply..

how can we block a register user from mchat

is it possible ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
So do you want to grant permission to use the chat or the ability to ban someone that mis-uses the chat.

I have helped people do both.
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style

RedSunset
Registered User
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: [RC3] mChat

Post by RedSunset » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:22 pm

I would loved to have a chat statitic right next to : "Total topics xxx Total - Chat messages yyy" on the index page...
and it would be great to see how many chat message anyone post in the user profile AND optionally in the postprofile ... of course this numbers have to survive when I clear the archive ... is that possible?

Petesat
Registered User
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:42 am

Re: [RC3] mChat

Post by Petesat » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:58 pm

Petesat wrote:I tried and tried to install this with no luck..

I wasted 12 hrs playing with the jQuery settings, and tried all kinds, read the script you posted..If this really is an issue, and it seems it is for many, why did you not make the file without the $ in it at all, at least that way there is no way for others human error.

Until this has a fix, I will not bother with it, and I suggest the same for others.

My forum has a lot of mods on it, and there is no way of knowing if there is conflict betweem them..

Pete
I am going to BUMB my own post as this looks like it is being supported from a different source..

Maybe I will gt an answer now..Maybe not.

Pete

Petesat
Registered User
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:42 am

Re: [RC3] mChat

Post by Petesat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:02 am

I find this a bit funny...

2 days without a peep....

Either I have hit a nerve, or this question has no answer.

This is now the second BUMP on this question.

Pete

stretchboy
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: [RC3] mChat

Post by stretchboy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:27 pm

I had backed up from the host, using their util. I was lucky enough to recover most of my changes. I've got everything running now. mChat, gallery, and several other mods. They're all great, just the difference in install between them can be daunting. mChat would not install via automod... even when i created the mchat folder off the root, strange. hope this helps!!

stretch

NarayanGR
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Re: [RC3] mChat

Post by NarayanGR » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm

I was setup this on my localhost server with Mysql 5 and worked fine, but on my host that runs Mysql 4.0.6 I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', user_colour varchar(6) co [1064]

SQL

CREATE TABLE phpbb_mchat(message_id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, user_id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', username varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', user_colour varchar(6) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', user_ip varchar(40) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', message mediumtext character set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL, bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', bbcode_uid varchar(8) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', bbcode_options tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '7', message_time int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (message_id)) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: mchat.php
LINE: 120
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()
What can I change to work with that version of mysql?

User avatar
Hippie459MN
Registered User
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: [RC3] mChat

Post by Hippie459MN » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:45 pm

NarayanGR wrote:I was setup this on my localhost server with Mysql 5 and worked fine, but on my host that runs Mysql 4.0.6 I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', user_colour varchar(6) co [1064]

SQL

CREATE TABLE phpbb_mchat(message_id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, user_id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', username varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', user_colour varchar(6) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', user_ip varchar(40) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', message mediumtext character set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL, bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', bbcode_uid varchar(8) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', bbcode_options tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '7', message_time int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (message_id)) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: mchat.php
LINE: 120
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()
What can I change to work with that version of mysql?
Tell your host to update to MySQL5. No one even uses 4 anymore.

NeoGeneration
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: [RC3] mChat

Post by NeoGeneration » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi there:

First of all thanks for this great mod.

Is there any way to make the archive erased when reaching a number of posts? or after a certaing time?

Thanks

User avatar
muggins
Registered User
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Texas
Name: Donovan
Contact:

Re: [RC3] mChat

Post by muggins » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:11 pm

Or perhaps a way to mark multiple lines for deletion, as is done in the PM folders and other places...
Muggins

User avatar
AllCity
Registered User
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:33 pm
Name: Andrey Shapoval
Contact:

Re: [MODDB] mChat

Post by AllCity » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:04 am

UpTo MODDB (If you have not valid version (mChat 1.2.6) replace the file mchat.php to new from valid version)!
My mods home page.

User avatar
Anubis_The_Jackal
Registered User
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:59 am

Re: [MODDB] mChat

Post by Anubis_The_Jackal » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:05 am

Hi,

I absolutely love your mod, however when I went to go download it I got a popup of pr0n, which bothered me a bit. Is there any chance of hosting your file where there are no popups like that so others don't see what I saw?

Thanks
PHPBB since 03
Jackuul Empire-MSRP V

jimcarrel
Registered User
Posts: 671
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:49 pm
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Re: [MODDB] mChat

Post by jimcarrel » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:10 am

I guess some people are proud of Porn. Maybe some did descend from monkeys
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve

User avatar
Anubis_The_Jackal
Registered User
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:59 am

Re: [MODDB] mChat

Post by Anubis_The_Jackal » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:06 am

jimcarrel wrote:I guess some people are proud of Porn. Maybe some did descend from monkeys
If I responded I would be off topic and hijacking worse than that. Not about the pron, but about the monkey comment.

I really just dislike seeing a load of X rated material when I am just updating a mod :-/
PHPBB since 03
Jackuul Empire-MSRP V

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”