[DEV] User reward Badges

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
davc4

[DEV] User reward Badges

Post by davc4 » Fri May 08, 2009 10:34 am

Modification Name: User Award Badges
Author: davc4

Modification Description:: Allows administrators to assign Award Badges to users which will be displayed in the viewtopic area of posting.
Modification Version:: 0.0.2

Features:
in 0.0.2
  • Allow configuration of Badge types via the admin control panel
    [*} Award a seperate number of awards per badge.
  • Display these new configured badges in memberlist_view.

in 0.0.1
    • Allow configuration of Badges via the Admin Control Panel.
    • Allows the Assignment of Badges to users via the Admin Control Panel
    • Allows 5 badges to be assigned to users.
    • Displays the Badges on viewtopic_body.html

Demo URL: http://www.gamerdadslive.com/dev/index.php
    Demo Username: testuser
    Demo Password: testuser

Modification Download:
    version 0.0.2
    http://gamerdadslive.com/modrelease/mod ... _0.0.2.zip
    version 0.0.1
    http://gamerdadslive.com/modrelease/mod ... badges.zip

Notes:
    • This mod is still under development and is still probably full of bugs, I would seriously suggest against applying the Mod in a live enviroment.
    • The testboard is for users only no administrator password will be handed out.
    • Future Releases of the Mod will happen at the test site first of all and if determined to be stable enough will be released to phpBB.com
    • All Bug tracking and feature requests will be logged at the test site if you wish to see the progress of this i will update there first.
    • This is my first attempt at writing a mod, If i have made a mistake in the MODX or in the mod itself let me know and i will endevour to fix it.
    • Thanks and any input will be gladly recieved.
Last edited by davc4 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CMCDragonkai
Location: Australia.. and other parts of the world sometimes...

Re: [DEV] User reward Badges

Post by CMCDragonkai » Sun May 10, 2009 9:41 am

The default pics are hard to see atm. But otherwise, cool. It can be used for awarding military medals and stripes, on gaming forums.
Show phpbb threads as html articles. V.5.03 Thanks Erik! (This will be updated constantly as I or others contribute...) This code is to be used on external HTML page, but if you want a template version see here.

For the best PHPBB total modification to posting - bbcode, embedding... everything! Visit MSSTI's ABBC3 Modification.

davc4

Post by davc4 » Tue May 19, 2009 12:05 pm

Thanks, it is a case of getting the image sizes right, and what is acceptable to the users,
Im still tweaking about with this, I am also adding a configurable set of badges for display under the memberlist.php view profile section. (think Halo 3)

I run a gaming forum and these are just things that my members wanted.

[BL] Briggers810

Post by [BL] Briggers810 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:47 pm

Heya.
Is there any update on what the condition of this modification is, as i'm needing this exact modification for my own phpBB3 gaming board?

davc4

Post by davc4 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:12 am

sorry about the late reply, I have been busy updating my own website for the past couple of months and havn't been able to even look at this, i will give it some more attention soon though,

Sorry about the delay in prelying to you.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:15 am

whats the different to the medals mod?
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

davc4

Post by davc4 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:15 pm

This was jsut a quick hack i was putting together for what someone wanted to put up on my forum,

The medal mod is still not released so i created a very basic one that i had done hence i was responsible for the errors.

Note the medal mod is far superior to this one. Cheers

davc4

Post by davc4 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:33 pm

Okay version 0.0.2 is up im sharing if anyone wants to look at it :), I did run version 0.0.1 on my live board for a while, and it seemed to be stable enough.

See Gremmlins medal reward system for a much more comprehensive system. http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=582123

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”