[ABD] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Maertske

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by Maertske » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:19 am

CocoPop

Post by CocoPop » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Is there any way of changing the file name of kb.php to anything else that we want?

For example, I would like to call it library.php. I imagine I would have to edit all occurrences of {$phpbb_root_path}kb.$phpEx in the code, but I don't want to do this without risking it or missing anything out. Could someone please tell me what changes I need to make? That would be greatly appreciated.

CocoPop

Post by CocoPop » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:18 am

Hey again,

So I tried changing the path of kb.php to library.php and it turned out to be a very arduous task. I seem to have successfully done it, but there's the possibility that I may have made a few errors along the way. Could someone please advise me on the following:

If I changed the path from phpbbroot/kb.php to phpbbroot/library.php, then in this code in includes/cache.php:

Code: Select all

else if($forum_id == 'kb')
		{
			// We are checking for the knowledge base, therefore we only need to get the kb extensions...
			$return = array('_allowed_' => array());

foreach ($extensions['_allowed_kb'] as $extension => $check)
			{
				$return['_allowed_'][$extension] = 0;
				$return[$extension] = $extensions[$extension];
			}

$extensions = $return;
		}
Do I have to change else if($forum_id == 'kb') to else if($forum_id == 'library')?

Next, in file.php do I have to change $in_kb = request_var('kb', false); to $in_kb = request_var('library', false);?

Also, I saw this code appear in a lot of places:

$cache->obtain_attach_extensions('kb') Do all occurrences of this code have to change to $cache->obtain_attach_extensions('library')?

I would REALLY appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this.

Greyhound76

Post by Greyhound76 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:54 pm

Hello all,

i had install the mod and I get this error message in the article view. And the font is very fat around the side of the article.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_display.php on line 1418: Missing argument 6 for get_user_rank(), called in /includes/kb.php on line 798 and defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3712)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3712)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3712)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3712)
I checked the installation and I could find no error. Can someone please help me? Here: http://rockster.eu/phpBB3/kb.php?a=1

Thanks in advance,

Greyhound

KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Post by KeithR » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Marking as [ABD] abandoned as neither MOD author has been active in this topic since Jun 2010. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Thank you,

On behalf of:

The phpBB Modifications Team

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”