[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Richazey

Re: [RC] Ultimate Points 1.0.2

Post by Richazey »

femu wrote:Well ... very easy. Submit a mod to the MOD-DB team. They will tell you, if everything is fine or not (so more the coding guide lines, security stuff and so on). If not, your are reworking those parts, which are mentioned to be wrong or dangerous. And then you resubmit it.

If you meant that ....

regards,
femu
I menat how look before you reckon your mod will be released ;)
slidewayz88

Post by slidewayz88 »

Is there a way that I can auto-add my current members Points?

I have my site setup so new members will receive 50 Points. However, all of my current members have 0. I would like to give all of my current members 50 Points as well.

I realize it would have to be an sql command. Would this work???

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users SET points = points + 50;
If not, what code would I use to do this?
femu

Post by femu »

slidewayz88 wrote:Is there a way that I can auto-add my current members Points?

I have my site setup so new members will receive 50 Points. However, all of my current members have 0. I would like to give all of my current members 50 Points as well.

I realize it would have to be an sql command. Would this work???

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users SET points = points + 50;
If not, what code would I use to do this?
Go to your ACP -> .Mods -> Point Settings and scroll down ... There you will find an option to send points to groups. Therefore select Registered User and give them the points. You can send a PM with it or not ;)

Regards,
femu
Regards, femu

Post by -tribe- »

your going to have to have a date in your sql query as well, (so you can only give it to the members who registered be for you installed the mod) otherwise you could end up giving new members another 50 points.

don't know if you can do this in the ACP of ultimate points never tryed it yet
femu

Post by femu »

-tribe- wrote:your going to have to have a date in your sql query as well, (so you can only give it to the members who registered be for you installed the mod) otherwise you could end up giving new members another 50 points.

don't know if you can do this in the ACP of ultimate points never tryed it yet
No. We don't have a date inside there. So just be gentle ;-) Maybe some get another 50 points, but who does really care??

regards,
femu
Regards, femu

Post by nidayj »

I installed teh Ulimate Points board is there anyway to make it work with the Glacier Theme for phpbb3
nidayj

Post by nidayj »

it appears when i installed ultimate points it did actually pick up on my Glacier them. Dispite the fact that the install stats all files where installed successfully I am getting an error under the mod section of admin that reads. Why am i getting this if all files installed successful. I see the phpbb_pionts_config but not one that says phpbb_points_config_table do I insert this in the database manually?

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'bizgo.points_config_table' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT config_name, config_value FROM (POINTS_CONFIG_TABLE c)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_points.php
LINE: 38
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_points->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
femu

Post by femu »

This error normally exists, if you have not done all edits correctly. Either the DB is not correct or you forgot to edit the constants.php or uploading it ;)
Regards, femu

Post by dannyplatinum13 »

Hey femu, I have another thing I would like to fix. Im sure this has been mentioned many times, but in the nav bar it displays points as 9.999,99. I want it to display as 9,999.99. A lot of my users get really confused by this. Especially things like 50,00.
Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

dannyplatinum13 wrote:Hey femu, I have another thing I would like to fix. Im sure this has been mentioned many times, but in the nav bar it displays points as 9.999,99. I want it to display as 9,999.99. A lot of my users get really confused by this. Especially things like 50,00.
that should already be fixed in 1.0.2, so I would double check your edits...if it's just the viewtopic, then I would take a look at: http://www.area53.die-muellers.org/tracker.php?p=1&t=1 to fix it
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ PurephpBB Founder ]
nidayj

Post by nidayj »

Thanks for the response femu. what i did was my first time install of the phpbb3 which appears to have no problems when checking all the settings and functions. I installed the Glacier style theme. then I downloaded the ups. I copied all the files from the root to my root and ran the install. It showed all success. Since it was a first time install i did not use the contrib folder perhaps i should have copied that one over too? The constants.php is in my includes and i have not changed anything in it was I suppose to manually add that table in there? What step did i leave out.
woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

nidayj wrote:I installed teh Ulimate Points board is there anyway to make it work with the Glacier Theme for phpbb3
why doesn't it work there? what problems do you have with including the mod in this style?

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";
nidayj

Post by nidayj »

I don't think it is the glacier theme that is the problem. I think it is something I have not completed when installing. I may just delete it all and clear my database and start again but i will wait until femu replies again about what i needed to do with the constant.php
woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

nidayj wrote:Thanks for the response femu. what i did was my first time install of the phpbb3 which appears to have no problems when checking all the settings and functions. I installed the Glacier style theme. then I downloaded the ups. I copied all the files from the root to my root and ran the install. It showed all success. Since it was a first time install i did not use the contrib folder perhaps i should have copied that one over too? The constants.php is in my includes and i have not changed anything in it was I suppose to manually add that table in there? What step did i leave out.
and have you done the edits of the install.xml?
the prosilver instructions are to do for glacier and you also have to copy the prosilver files into the glacier folder....

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";
nidayj

Post by nidayj »

I did copy the prosilver files over to glacier and i have not edited anything within the install.xml folder. the only thing i did was copy all folders to there locations and ran the install for ups. Then i found that error.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”