Update to 1.0.4
- [SEC] It was possible to buy negative tickets and received points for that
- [NEW] Addon for the phpBB Gallery from nickvergessen
- [NEW] Added userguide
- [NEW] You can now set forum points globally
- [FIX] Fixed an error, when entering 0 for the number of entries per page in the Logs and the Lottery history (now you have to set a minimum of 5 entries)
- [FIX] Fixed a debug error, if you had a doubled bracket ( i.e. [[ )
- [FIX] Poll wasn't counted, if you changed a topic to a poll topic
- [FIX] Poll points weren't substracted, if you deleted the poll from the topic
- [FIX] Attachments weren't counted, if you quoted a post and added an attachment
- [FIX] Points for attachments weren't substracted, if you delted the attachment
- [CHG] Forum points moved to an own section in the ACP
- [CHG] Completely reworked the calculation for the points
here a short summary, as we changed a lot of stuff. We documented all features in the newly added userguide, which can be found in the ACP.
Now all topics, posts, polls and attachments should now be re-calculated, when you edit one of thoses. There are only a few exceptions, which you should be aware of:
Older posts or topics (so before installing this mod) AND posts or topics (from previous versions of this mod), where the user didn't get points from the advanced points settings, won't be re-calculated, when these are edited now !!
Additionally you can now disable single forums from calculating points, if you set the values in the forum ACP to zero.
So we suggest to do the update in time to cover the lottery security issue.
If you use Automod to install modifications, you might get errors, when uninstall the UPS and reinstall it. Unfortunately there's no upgrade option. This is due to the complexity of mod installtions, which might not get covered by the Automod. So if you experience any problems, we suggest to do the upgrade manually!
A special thanks goes this time to:
- nickvergessen, who integrated a hookup addon, which allowed us, to make an addon for his phpbb Gallery
- JeffSL from phpbb.com, who found the security issue in the lottery
- and of course to all others, who gave us hints and tipps
So if you still have questions, read the userguide first!
First post is updated too!
Have fun as always!
wuerzi & femu