[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Mr. Man123

Re: [RC] Ultimate Points 1.0.4

Post by Mr. Man123 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:54 am

Is there any way to implement a feature where you can charge people to see a forum section? or a post?

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:18 am

Mr. Man123 wrote:Is there any way to implement a feature where you can charge people to see a forum section? or a post?
This probably would be implemented into a Shop mod... Not the Points mod.

mykee

Post by mykee » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:46 am

How can I see user points under memberlist page? :roll: I need a column in memberlist page... :roll:

FladeX
Name: Max Istlyaev

Post by FladeX » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:28 pm

Please, check update instruction for 1.0.3->1.0.4. It has some different from install instruction...
Last edited by FladeX on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and sorry for my bad english [ phpBB Adept ]
My mods: Sitemap FX, Referrals FX, Topiclist FX, Alphabet FX, Polls Results FX.

smart007

Post by smart007 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:28 pm

femu
How can be added/sync automatically the points to all the user has to write a message?
Last edited by smart007 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry, for my bad English.

mykee

Post by mykee » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:23 pm

I modded two files for better user select to robbery and transfer.

Open includes/points/points_robbery.php
and Find this:

Code: Select all

'U_FIND_USERNAME'		=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx", 'mode=searchuser&form=post&field=username'),
Replace with this:

'U_FIND_USERNAME'		=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx", 'mode=searchuser&form=post&field=username&select_single=true'),
Open includes/points/points_transfer_user.php

'U_FIND_USERNAME'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx", 'mode=searchuser&form=post&field=username'),
Replace with this:

'U_FIND_USERNAME'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx", 'mode=searchuser&form=post&field=username&select_single=true'),

Longhorn9024

Post by Longhorn9024 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:02 am

smart007 wrote:femu
How can be added/sync automatically the points to all the user has to write a message?
In the ACP go to .MODS tab, click on Forum Points Settings on the left side of the screen, click 'Yes' on "Enable points per post:", choose how many points you want to give for each new post below

AdrianRockStar

Post by AdrianRockStar » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:03 am

femu wrote:
AdrianRockStar wrote:So yeah I updated from the previous version and now I get this error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare deregister_globals() (previously declared in /home/.jarvis/shadowpaw/thetoo.com/common.php:32) in /home/.jarvis/shadowpaw/thetoo.com/common.php on line 29
No common.php edits were made sooooo wut happen?
Could you please post your common.php with the lines around line 29 (or link to it)?
Actually I figured out the problem...well actually I just redid the mod by hand. :P

Now I'm having yet another problem...the board refuses to give people money for posts. :roll: And somehow the upgrade messed with the simple comments mod notifier at the top. I can probably figure out the latter myself but the first issue is bothering me.

Also, how do you disable a certain forum from global point settings?

smart007

Post by smart007 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:08 am

Longhorn9024 wrote:
In the ACP go to .MODS tab, click on Forum Points Settings on the left side of the screen, click 'Yes' on "Enable points per post:", choose how many points you want to give for each new post below
Thanks, but.
I want to Points have been added/sync already written posts.

femu

Post by femu » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:42 am

smart007 wrote:
Longhorn9024 wrote:
Thanks, but.
I want to Points have been added/sync already written posts.
There's no official option nor intention to do this. It's starts right off the beginning. Moltenddorf wrote something for a previous version (scroll a few pages back), but as the the structure needed to be changed, this script won't work anymore.
Regards, femu

dcz

Post by dcz » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:25 am

Hello,

I like this mod, so do not take offense about what follows, but I found several optimization issues with it.
First, i don't really get why there is a POINTS_VALUES_TABLE with only one row, all these could be stored in the POINTS_CONFIG_TABLE IMHO.

Then, the point config should reasonably only queried for in a single place, like in common.php, and later globalized when necessary.

On the index, there is an issue with the most rich user calculation, since the query is run over all type of user (bots and un-active / banned user do not have points right) and worst, over all users, which could just crash a forum with many users.
To circumvent this, I would maintain an extra field in the user table, holding the sum of cach in hand and in bank, add a KEY on it and then query_limit on it to find the richest users.

Also, the language file is included twice in index.php, since it's later done in page_header().

Generally speaking, adding some KEY on some table would help out too, like on the user_points in the user table, and some of the stats could be stored in the config table like phpBB does for the total number of posts (updated when points are changed and with a manual sync available).

Again, do not take offense, I like your mod, and I'm sure that the phpBB community does too ;)

++

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS

smart007

Post by smart007 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:25 pm

femu wrote:There's no official option nor intention to do this. It's starts right off the beginning. Moltenddorf wrote something for a previous version (scroll a few pages back), but as the the structure needed to be changed, this script won't work anymore.
Pity.
Useful function when there is a forum for a long time and members have written many posts.

Take from the table the same posts and points.

In other mods, there exists the function.

mykee

Post by mykee » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Where can I see all users all points? Or how can I put users points to memberlist? :roll:

stathisch

Post by stathisch » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:26 pm

Anyone having problems with the MOD when counting words on a post with UTF8?
I am. :S

mykee

Post by mykee » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:45 pm

I have problems with Arcade 1.0 RC9: I set 5 point to per game, but amount is no smaller when start the game. What is problem?? :? :shock:

Update1: Ok, I solved, just set under users permissions to no free game. :D

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”