[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Rei Hino

Re: [RC] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

Post by Rei Hino »

Is this ever going to be released..?
femu

Post by femu »

Rei Hino wrote:Is this ever going to be released..?
Don't ask me ... ;)
Regards, femu

Post by wowfans »

femu wrote:
wowfans wrote:Hi, femu.
More suggestion, Can add Transfers/Donations icon&link in viewtopic page?
Could, but won't do it. There's already enough in the viewtopic. Especially if you have added additionla mods, like the Medals Mod, the Country Flag Mod and whatever else is running around adding lines to this part.
Thank you. I will try it by myself. :)
Sorry for my pool English.
femu

Post by femu »

wowfans wrote:
femu wrote:
wowfans wrote:Hi, femu.
More suggestion, Can add Transfers/Donations icon&link in viewtopic page?
Could, but won't do it. There's already enough in the viewtopic. Especially if you have added additionla mods, like the Medals Mod, the Country Flag Mod and whatever else is running around adding lines to this part.
Thank you. I will try it by myself. :)
Sorry. Good luck!
Regards, femu

Post by the_sparrer »

This mod is one of the biggest mods I've ever installed, and I had just finished it and navigated to my forum index to do my victory dance when I found that it was blank. No error messages, nothing. I can't even open up the install_ultimate_points.php to complete the process. I checked the error log on my site, but I couldn't find anything.

I also double checked to make sure all the UPS language files had been uploaded since someone had mentioned that possibly being a problem, but they're all there. Well, all the english ones are at least.

Any suggestions about where to start looking for a problem, or why the install_ultimate_points.php comes up blank would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a test board to install stuff on, so it's my live board that is down. I have all the un-edited files saved, but I'd rather not have to put them back if I can avoid it.
pattyjean78

Post by pattyjean78 »

Can someone please send me an install file? The one I downloaded doesn't open right in FF or IE.
AV : ticklishdesigns - Site is gone
femu

Post by femu »

the_sparrer wrote:This mod is one of the biggest mods I've ever installed, and I had just finished it and navigated to my forum index to do my victory dance when I found that it was blank. No error messages, nothing. I can't even open up the install_ultimate_points.php to complete the process. I checked the error log on my site, but I couldn't find anything.

I also double checked to make sure all the UPS language files had been uploaded since someone had mentioned that possibly being a problem, but they're all there. Well, all the english ones are at least.

Any suggestions about where to start looking for a problem, or why the install_ultimate_points.php comes up blank would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a test board to install stuff on, so it's my live board that is down. I have all the un-edited files saved, but I'd rather not have to put them back if I can avoid it.
That's very strange. Normally a simple blank page means you forgot a comma in the language, but as we have no edits in the core language files, this shouldn't happens.

Please try to enable the debug mode in root/config.php (delete the // in the last two lines) and see, if you then get an error message.
Regards, femu
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

the_sparrer wrote:This mod is one of the biggest mods I've ever installed, and I had just finished it and navigated to my forum index to do my victory dance when I found that it was blank. No error messages, nothing. I can't even open up the install_ultimate_points.php to complete the process. I checked the error log on my site, but I couldn't find anything.

This happened to me each time I installed and sometimes upgraded this MOD. I cleared the cache manually and then hit refresh and it was fine.
Kiss me, I'm Polish!
the_sparrer

Post by the_sparrer »

I enabled de-bug mode and cleared the cache manually, but I still get blank pages everywhere. I'm still in 3.0.5, could this be the problem? I'm trying to update now, but when I try to browse to the install directory to do it, I get blank. I even tried doing the SQL queries manually, but it's still blank. At present I feel highly inclined to explode and stomp on my computer. I do have a back-up I can restore if necessary, but I'd like to get this fixed since I really want this mod.

Any other ideas? My computer science major friend and I are about at the end of our ropes. He thinks I might have the white screen of death.
Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

If there is an error in language/__/common.php your pages will be blank as well. If this mod makes edits to that file, double-check them.
Kiss me, I'm Polish!
the_sparrer

Post by the_sparrer »

this mod doesn't make any language file edits at all.

Well, we uninstalled the mod and got the board up again, it seems like the problem was mainly a file I'd accidentally put in the wrong spot :roll: The board is still looking a bit buggy though.

After I get this sorted out I plan to try again, and hopefully this time it will work.
Widmo696

Post by Widmo696 »

How can I do something that causes a moderator can add or subtract points for members?
I know badly arranged sentence, sorry.
Forgive me my English.
NathanFtw

Post by NathanFtw »

Widmo696 wrote:How can I do something that causes a moderator can add or subtract points for members?
I know badly arranged sentence, sorry.
ACP -> Permissions -> Global Permissions -> Groups’ permissions -> Look up the usergroup -> Select 'Global moderator permissions' from the dropdown box, hit 'Go' -> Points -> Can change users points -> Yes -> Apply.
Riggedid

Post by Riggedid »

May I please know what the known bugs/errors are?
I'll install it if the risks of any bugs/errors are small, this MOD looks amazing. :D
katierunyon

Post by katierunyon »

Yesterday I installed this mod and so far everything seems to work, except for when it comes to the arcade mod. I set the cost and rewards, etc. (and the information all shows up correctly in the arcade) but it neither takes nor gives anything when someone plays a game. I've been looking all over trying to find the problem, but I can't seem to get it working. Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”