[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
darkonia

Re: [RC] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

Post by darkonia »

have you set the permissions?
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
katierunyon

Post by katierunyon »

As far as I can find. I wouldn't be surprised if I was somehow missing something. Is there any certain ones I should be looking for? I'll continue searching around some more, but so far I haven't found anything.
NathanFtw

Post by NathanFtw »

I seem to have the same problem Katie, although I don't really worry about it :lol:

But for any addon related issues such as the arcade mod, you'd be best to ask in the Arcade mod author's topic 8-)
katierunyon

Post by katierunyon »

Ok, thanks! I wasn't sure which one to ask in. I'll pop on over there now.
_Al

Post by _Al »

Fantastic work :D

Anyone making any Addons for spending your pionts yet? please let us know
lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer »

_Al wrote:Fantastic work :D
Anyone making any Addons for spending your pionts yet? please let us know
There is a addon folder inside contrib, you can find some addons. I am using the gallery integration. :)
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

there are many addons for UPS:

Following modifactions do already support the UPS:

* Medal System as of v0.10.2 from Gremlinn
* F1 Webtipp v0.3.2 from Dr. Death
* Sudoku Mod as of v3.2.6 from el_teniente
* Arcade Mod as of v1.0.0 RC9 from Jeff
* Shop Mod from Adrian (seems not ot work anymore!)
* DM Video from femu
* DM EDS Easy Download System from femu
* DM Quotes Collection from femu
* Knuffel from wuerzi
* Invite A Friend from Bycoja

Following mods are supported via addons:

* phpbb Gallery as of v1.0.2 from nickvergessen
* User Blog Mod
* Board3 Portal Block for the Lotterie
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
dragonblue

Post by dragonblue »

* Shop Mod from Adrian (seems not ot work anymore!)
In response to this - it works just fine, but you have to make an edit to shop_functions.php as stated on the Shop Mod download page on http://phpbbgods.org/community/viewtopi ... 482&p=3179

Also...

I would love to see multiple points function added to this mod. I realize there are other mods out there like Cash Mod, that do have the ability to have multiple differently named points/currencies at the same time, but they are missing some of the other great functions of this mod. Like the ability to edit the amount of points a particular user or group has within the admin panel. So if anyone has modified, can modify, or the author would put into the next release, please contact me and let me know. It would make this the true ULTIMATE POINTS mod, since that is quite literally the only thing missing from this mod that I can see.
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

dragonblue wrote:

I would love to see multiple points function added to this mod. I realize there are other mods out there like Cash Mod, that do have the ability to have multiple differently named points/currencies at the same time, but they are missing some of the other great functions of this mod. Like the ability to edit the amount of points a particular user or group has within the admin panel. So if anyone has modified, can modify, or the author would put into the next release, please contact me and let me know. It would make this the true ULTIMATE POINTS mod, since that is quite literally the only thing missing from this mod that I can see.
no!

it will not come multiple points or cash variants.

it will be stay so simple as it is.
it will be more addons in the near future and more features but no multiple point names ore something else...
Schwpz

Post by Schwpz »

Heya, thank you for an awesome mod! ^___^

I'm experiencing one problem though; For some strange reason, I can't seem to be able to prevent it from giving out or subtracting points when an user edits his or her post.

I've set the "Enable points per edit" option in the ACP - Forum Points Settings to "no" and the "Points Per Edit:"-option set to "0.00". I've also double checked that the "Points Per Edit" option is set to 0 also in the individual forums under the "Manage Forum"-option ...what else am I missing? :O

It would really mean a lot to me to prevent the altering of points through post and topic edits, even if I have to modify the code in order to do so.

Any suggestions anyone?
..:: PlanetZot.com - Your ultimate source for animation! ^^
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

have you the newest version installed?
Schwpz

Post by Schwpz »

Aye. I had a 1.0.5 installation which I upgraded to the newest 1.0.6 version just a few days ago. :)

Edit: I have now gone over the edits made to the posting.php and functions_posting.php files with the install file rather than the update file, just in case the trouble was with the update instructions, but nada.

If I turn in the ACP - Edit forum the points per post to 0 and the points per edit to 0, you won't gain any points by editing your posts, but then again you won't gain any points by posting at all either.
The second I turn the points per post to 0.01, even if I leave the points per edit to 0, users are starting to earn or lose points when editing their posts.

It's really confusing! I can't but help feeling that perhaps there are some options or settings I'm overlooking or something. Any ideas to what code snippets I might need to comment out if I am to prevent the altering of points through post edits the hard way? I really don't mind preventing the posts and topics from being calculated at all while in edit mode, as it won't be an option I will turn on in the near future anyway.
femu

Post by femu »

If you set in a specific forum the three parts to zero, nothing is counted. We thouroghly tested this one. In all queries we check, if one of the feature is set to 0 and this disables the feature of giving any points.

Keep in mind. This only works for the specified forum(s)!
Regards, femu

Post by Schwpz »

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me, Femu. :)

I really don't get what it is that I'm doing wrong O.o;

Here are my current settings:
In the ACP - Mods - Ultimate Points - Forum Points Settings
Enable points per topic is set to 'yes'
Enable points per post is set to 'yes'
Enable points per edit is set to 'no'

In the ACP - Forums - Manage Forums - Any given board
the Ultimate Points settings are set to
Points per topic: 0.01
Points per post: 0.01
Points per edit: 0.00

However, when I post in that forum, I get
Points for posting in a topic
Points for posting
But unfortunately also points when I edit posts, even if the editing of posts should not be counted given those settings.

How can I get it to give out points for topics and posts, but not for editing posts? :O
Again, thank you for taking the time to read my posts :)
femu

Post by femu »

Ah. Now I got the problem ...

If you set points for topics/posts, these (+ additionally words, characters) are saved. Let's say ie. a total of 100 points.

When you now edit this post, the points are recalculated. So you won't get points for the editing itselfe, but changed points for the rest.

So just try it out by setting all additional points to 0. Then you shouldn't recieve/loose points.

So you will received 0.01 Point for posting, but should have nothing more. Only the poinst for posting. When you edit now the post, you should receive 0 points too ...
Regards, femu

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”