[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
femu

Re: [RC1] Ultimate Points 1.0.0

Post by femu » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:36 am

I just saw, that Ultimate Points is already integrated. Thanks very much for that!!

So for users, which already installed Sudoku v3.2.6, please re-download it and
replace sudoku/includes/classes_sudoku.php on your webspace and refresh your
cache.

Kind regards,
femu
Regards, femu

Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:44 am

femu wrote:Hi Adrian,

as we said in the author's notes. The Advanced Points System 0.8.2 was the basis for our mod. So the basic idea is of course the same. But ... We have completely rewritten the code, as your mod is full of errors. We offered to help you and already started to do this (code cleanup made by me, German translation made by me, complete subsilver2 style made by Wuerzi), but then you stopped the coorporation.

And when you are trying complaining about copyrights:

Where are the copyrights for the robbery module, the lottery module and the installer (which comes from the Arcade)?

And why do you wanted to be paid for a modification under GPL?

So please be so kind and stop complaing about others.

And again. Your basic idea was good (so why invent a wheel for new), but your APS get's more and more worst with every update you made. The code is completely rewritten, both tsyles (prosilver and subsilver2 are now new (XHTML valid) made by Wuerzi.

And last but not least, you and all the others authors, we are aware of, are named.

So just let's stop this discussion exactly at this point. We appreciated your work up to version 0.8.2, which was not bad, but later on ... just watch the list of errors from your users.

Regards
femu
I dont want more offtopic to make we will resolve any problems by pm.
I have send do you a pm read it please.
RPG MOD for phpbb3

Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:58 pm

you have me interested, but this business between this points system & the APS points system is concerning me slightly
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ ProphpBB Free Forum Hosting Moderator ]

Wyr!H@x!mu$
Name: Cees-Jan

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Ashley.S. wrote:you have me interested, but this business between this points system & the APS points system is concerning me slightly
Well the APS mod auther is credited in the install file along with a few others, but yeah it has to be sorted out imho. Currently trying it out on my own board and runs pretty smooth this far :). Except an odd error where the lotery jackpot went inverted all of the sudden.

Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:18 pm

Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote:
Ashley.S. wrote:you have me interested, but this business between this points system & the APS points system is concerning me slightly
Well the APS mod auther is credited in the install file along with a few others, but yeah it has to be sorted out imho. Currently trying it out on my own board and runs pretty smooth this far :). Except an odd error where the lotery jackpot went inverted all of the sudden.
I see, well I have asked a few questions at the site
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ ProphpBB Free Forum Hosting Moderator ]

femu

Post by femu » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:49 pm

Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote:
What exactly is the error you get? Can you make a screenshot? Would be helpful to help you ;-)

Thanks,
femu

PS. @ Ashley.S.: Answered 8-)
Regards, femu

Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:57 pm

femu wrote:
Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote:
What exactly is the error you get? Can you make a screenshot? Would be helpful to help you ;-)

Thanks,
femu

PS. @ Ashley.S.: Answered 8-)
It's not really an error, was toying around with the lottery jackpot value and when I checked the lottery page on the forum (not the ACP). It was -5000 while I set the jackpot to 50000. No errors given anywhere. Changed it in the database by hand but not sure if it will return or not.

femu

Post by femu » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:06 pm

Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote:It's not really an error, was toying around with the lottery jackpot value and when I checked the lottery page on the forum (not the ACP). It was -5000 while I set the jackpot to 50000. No errors given anywhere. Changed it in the database by hand but not sure if it will return or not.
Hmmm ... Strange. Please play around more and document, what you were doing. And if the error retunrs, let me know.

Thanks,
femu
Regards, femu

Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:21 pm

femu wrote:
Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote:It's not really an error, was toying around with the lottery jackpot value and when I checked the lottery page on the forum (not the ACP). It was -5000 while I set the jackpot to 50000. No errors given anywhere. Changed it in the database by hand but not sure if it will return or not.
Hmmm ... Strange. Please play around more and document, what you were doing. And if the error retunrs, let me know.

Thanks,
femu
Will do. Btw are there any docs/examples how to integrate this mod with a few of my own mods?

femu

Post by femu » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:40 pm

See the contrib folder. There's an instruction for mod authors, who like to integrate the mod.
Regards, femu

Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:44 pm

femu wrote:See the contrib folder. There's an instruction for mod authors, who like to integrate the mod.
Ah cool must have missed that xD.

FLATTOP

Post by FLATTOP » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:20 am

Is it possible to use the lottery as a stand alone mod? the points and bank are nice but I don't need that, I just need the lottery.

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:54 am

femu wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:Interesting... also make a plugin for User blog MOD, would be great too. :)
What kind of plugin are you thinking about? Giving points for making blogs? If so, this more a part of EXreaction (the author of the User Blog Mod). He needs to integrate a points system ...

Thanks,
femu
The kind o plugin that works with the user blog mod :)

There is arleady one for Ipoints MOD... would be nice to see one for Ulimate points MOD.

There is a Contrib folder for MOD authors to create a plugin of MODs to work with User blog mod. Maybe I will try to take a crack at it myself..

Im not worried about the priority of it being done ( if at all ) ... just throwing it out as a requset/idea for when ever time permits you to work on such thing. ;)

femu

Post by femu » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:29 am

FLATTOP wrote:Is it possible to use the lottery as a stand alone mod? the points and bank are nice but I don't need that, I just need the lottery.
In princible yes. You can disable the use of all other parts in the permissions ... But you need to install everything. But the main page and the information page will stay. There was no need to disable them.

femu
Regards, femu

femu

Post by femu » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:30 am

Peter77sx wrote:
femu wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:Interesting... also make a plugin for User blog MOD, would be great too. :)
What kind of plugin are you thinking about? Giving points for making blogs? If so, this more a part of EXreaction (the author of the User Blog Mod). He needs to integrate a points system ...

Thanks,
femu
The kind o plugin that works with the user blog mod :)

There is arleady one for Ipoints MOD... would be nice to see one for Ulimate points MOD.

There is a Contrib folder for MOD authors to create a plugin of MODs to work with User blog mod. Maybe I will try to take a crack at it myself..

Im not worried about the priority of it being done ( if at all ) ... just throwing it out as a requset/idea for when ever time permits you to work on such thing. ;)
I will take a look into that one. But no promise for a fast one :D
Regards, femu

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”