[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
arrow816
Name: Steven Costello

Re: [RC] Ultimate Points 1.0.2

Post by arrow816 »

stokerpiller wrote:
NiceM wrote:I have installed it now and with a little help a couple of posts up it's working with the arcade RC8
Thanks I got it, very nice :mrgreen:
Hey stoker, Nice to see you. Um how did you get this working with arcade?
sitwi

Post by sitwi »

I'm having problems with this - the MOD is enabled, everything's been working fine, and suddenly everybody's point amount is listed as "Locked" and I can't access my own Points amount in the overall_header.

Any ideas what has happened, please??
Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

sitwi wrote:I'm having problems with this - the MOD is enabled, everything's been working fine, and suddenly everybody's point amount is listed as "Locked" and I can't access my own Points amount in the overall_header.

I suggest you check your permissions & that the mod is configured correctly
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ PurephpBB Founder ]
sitwi

Post by sitwi »

Ashley.S. wrote:
sitwi wrote:I'm having problems with this - the MOD is enabled, everything's been working fine, and suddenly everybody's point amount is listed as "Locked" and I can't access my own Points amount in the overall_header.

Thanks (and good to see a fellow Cornishman!) but therein lies the puzzle - it was all working fine, points displayed beside each post, and I could access my own stats.

Now it just says "Locked" beside the "Cash on hand" below the avatar, and if I click my points total in the Overall Header, it gives me "You are not authorised to access this area."

I've been adding other MODS (specifically the Radio and Twitter MODs), but haven't touched this one.
Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

sitwi wrote:
Ashley.S. wrote:

Thanks (and good to see a fellow Cornishman!) but therein lies the puzzle - it was all working fine, points displayed beside each post, and I could access my own stats.

Now it just says "Locked" beside the "Cash on hand" below the avatar, and if I click my points total in the Overall Header, it gives me "You are not authorised to access this area."

I've been adding other MODS (specifically the Radio and Twitter MODs), but haven't touched this one.
haha thanks (not Cornish born & bread, moved here from Southampton last October)

now your problem...do any of those mods involve permission changes because it could be that they have interfered with the permission settings. I installed one mod, and it disabled my poll permissions in the roles :?

I would advise checking the all the permission roles again just to see if they have been altered
Regards,
sitwi

Post by sitwi »

Ashley.S. wrote: haha thanks (not Cornish born & bread, moved here from Southampton last October)

now your problem...do any of those mods involve permission changes because it could be that they have interfered with the permission settings. I installed one mod, and it disabled my poll permissions in the roles :?

I would advise checking the all the permission roles again just to see if they have been altered
You are onto something, as I've given myself permission for everything, and I can now access my own Points total in the header.

I'll work on the cash "Locked" issue, because it's still showing as locked and I'm running out of solutions...
Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

sitwi wrote:
Ashley.S. wrote: haha thanks (not Cornish born & bread, moved here from Southampton last October)

You are onto something, as I've given myself permission for everything, and I can now access my own Points total in the header.

I'll work on the cash "Locked" issue, because it's still showing as locked and I'm running out of solutions...
It's most definitely either a permissions issue or the mod has not been enabled correctly. Being that it is shown as locked, it sounds more of a permissions issue because when it is disabled it disappears from display rather than showing as locked.

I'm sorry I can't be more of a help
Regards,
sitwi

Post by sitwi »

You've absolutely helped... it was the permissions, and it's fixed (I think!)

'Ansome. ;)
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Thanks for adding the User blog mod plugin. :)

Any word on a working shop MOD for Ultimate points?
Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

Peter77sx wrote:Thanks for adding the User blog mod plugin. :)

I believe Adrian has been preparing his shop mod to work with Ultimate Points
Regards,
Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 »

Ashley.S. wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:Thanks for adding the User blog mod plugin. :)

I believe Adrian has been preparing his shop mod to work with Ultimate Points
yes but i will release it when i will found more tester(i need to test the Shop Mod not only with UPS, but also with Cash Mod and Simple Points Mod)
RPG MOD for phpbb3
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Sounds good, thanks guys. :)
stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

Dont know if this have been reported.
Found an error in the english language file points.php

Code: Select all

'ROBBERY_CHANCE'					=> 'Here you can try to rob another user. But you only can try to rob <strong>%1$s percent</strong> of his current cash amount!<br /><br />Like in real life, crime isn\'t really successful. Your chance to be successful with your robbery is <strong> %1$s percent</strong>.',
should be:

Code: Select all

'ROBBERY_CHANCE'					=> 'Here you can try to rob another user. But you only can try to rob <strong>%1$s percent</strong> of his current cash amount!<br /><br />Like in real life, crime isn\'t really successful. Your chance to be successful with your robbery is <strong> %2$s percent</strong>.',
Else it wont show the correct robbery succes percent to the users.
I am done with phpBB
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

If disabled, people still get awarded points for posting. is this normal?
Longhorn9024

Post by Longhorn9024 »

Is there a way to send points to individual users rather than a whole group?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”