[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
pippo-c-l

Re: [RC] Ultimate Points 1.0.2

Post by pippo-c-l »

I've the cash mod... i must delete it for install this mod? ...... Thank ;)
femu

Post by femu »

pippo-c-l wrote:I've the cash mod... i must delete it for install this mod? ...... Thank ;)
Correct. As the Cash has a completly other structure, we suggest to remove it first.

regards,
femu
Regards, femu

Post by femu »

stokerpiller wrote:I have a request about the robbery module.

Can we please have some kind of control so that users only will be abled to make 5 robberys a day?
What we have build in, is the possibility to set the max percentage of cash of the robbed users cash you can rob per robbery. So in addition with the chance to have a successful robbery, you can make it so, that a robbery might be very hard. And with the third factor (percentage of robbery value, if the robbery failed), you should have enough.

So ie:

Max. percantage to rob from users cash per try: 10%
Chance to be successful: 10%
What you have to pay for: 20%

So the chance to be successful is small (depending on your settings), but you have to pay in above example 20% of the value you tried to rob. So you need to play around with the values and the users are encouraged to put their points intoo the bank. There it's safe :mrgreen:

Regards,
femu
Regards, femu

Post by stokerpiller »

I know ;)
But you cant play the arcade when all your money is in the bank.

Now i will login with the testaccount and show you exactly why I would like a robbery limit :mrgreen:
I am done with phpBB
stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

stokerpiller wrote: Now i will login with the testaccount and show you exactly why I would like a robbery limit :mrgreen:
Done ;)
Hope you didn't have any important PM's in your inbox that got automatic deleted just because some annoying person tried toi rob you about a 100 times.
I am done with phpBB
femu

Post by femu »

Hmmm ... Where did you try that? I only got one PM ...

To limit that one, we would need to rework also the tables and more, as you would need to have a counter on each user and also having an additional time field. This is surely not our intention at this stage of our mod.

And also be realistic. Do your users have nothing else to do on your forum, than try to rob other users??

Regards,
femu
Regards, femu

Post by stokerpiller »

Here: http://area53.die-muellers.org/
femu wrote:And also be realistic. Do your users have nothing else to do on your forum, than try to rob other users??
Some of them and its really annoying.

Maybe the solutiuon would be to make a rule and tell users that they will receive a warning for abusing the system.
I am done with phpBB
femu

Post by femu »

stokerpiller wrote:Here: http://area53.die-muellers.org/
femu wrote:And also be realistic. Do your users have nothing else to do on your forum, than try to rob other users??

Maybe the solutiuon would be to make a rule and tell users that they will receive a warning for abusing the system.
So if you have such annoying users and you know them, disable the use of the robbery for those ....
Regards, femu

Post by Etaria »

Femu: Sorry for the delay. I was able to reproduce the bug with the date for the lotto :)

I just want to say again how much i love love love the mod :)

Here is exactly what I did: (PS, it seems to be basing the time off of the last lotto, rather than current time or something of the sort)

{current board date/time: July 3rd, 10:40 AM}

Currently, the lottery is set for 3 hours span, with the next draw to be July 3rd 12:08 PM.

1. Changed frequency from 3 hrs to 2 hrs in panel.
Result: Next lotto July 3rd, 11:08 AM.

2. Changed frequency from 2 hrs to 1 hrs in panel.
Result: Next lotto July 3rd, 10:08 AM. (Note: Since this time has already passed, all current tickets already purchased disappeared).

3. Changed frequency from 1 hrs to 0 hrs in panel.
Result: Next lotto July 3rd, 10:08 AM

4. Changed frequency from 0 hrs to 58.56 (to see if I could change the minutes for a day or two ahead).
Result: Next lotto January 3, 1970 4:00 AM (This is before I was born! hehe)

5. Changed frequency from 58.56 hrs to 58
Result: Next lotto July 4th 5:39 PM (note: this is not 58 hours from current date/time)

I hope this helps :) Let me know if you need anything else to figure this out.

EDIT:
Resetting Points:
Also to add, resetting the points in the acp does not rest all the points, only cash on hand. Seems cash in bank still stays. Not sure if this is intended. I gave out a lot of points to experiment, thinking I could reset, but everyone banked everything after being robbed. So I will go through and manually reset each user's bank points. Maybe add this option if it was not intended?

Possible Features?
1. Reset all points (cash on hand as well as cash in bank)
2. Reset all forum point values
3. Adding more possibilities for points in each individual forum. For example, currently I can set in the lottery acp the amount of points for posting attachments, but I really would prefer that only certain forums that post attachments receive points (not all). Hopefully that made sense.
4. For admin to see who currently has purchased tickets and how many
5. To be able to set a default to all forums for a point value. For example, post per topic for all forums (currently you can only do that by manually setting the value for each forum - which is fine when there are some forums you want to have different number of points given than for others, but if I want each post to be worth 1 points, I have to manually set that for each forum). In the general area, I can only set per word or per character, not per post.
6. Groups restrictions on who can play lotto/purchase tickets - right now, it seems it is all or nothing.
Last edited by Etaria on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
azzam

Post by azzam »

femu wrote:
azzam wrote:I just logged in to say i successfully update this mod from APS to UPS.
The news to caneling APS did upset me.But after instlaling this mod i think i was wrong.You did a perfect job.And update was easy.And hope you will work hard on this mod and Adrian work on his shop mod.

And my request for advance lottery system ... (I know i have asked for oto many itmes .. But agianJust reminder :) )

Thank you Alot
Thanks!

For the advanced lottery part I darkly remember, that I asked for some deatils ... Although it's only the future list, it would be great to have some more details to make the request more detailed on our list.

Thanks,
femu
Thank you for reply..

And congrats your mod going very strong.And i am really liking it.Good luck for all of your project and for your life.

And for now the request...

Each User can select 6 digits ( ex: 234523 ) . And script auto select 6 digits. If user digits match with selected digits. User will win the set amount in acp. If another user match 5 digits so that user will get 2nd prize and so on and on... :) Hope now i wrote in details..

Some user submitted addon in APS site but in that mod user can select images..But addon still buggy i think.If you want to look at that mod should i send you link..So it would be helpful to luk what you have to do.. :)

And please edit your first post so users can know what upcoming mods are suppoting your mod..

Regards..
Azzam Malik
I love mods :)
Etaria

Post by Etaria »

femu wrote:
stokerpiller wrote:Here: http://area53.die-muellers.org/

So if you have such annoying users and you know them, disable the use of the robbery for those ....
Just to let you know, my users were robbing like crazy the first 3 or 4 days, some even stayed up to play the lotto since I had it set every 3 hours, lol. But after a couple of days, novelty wore off and nobody is robbing anymore. And most have all their cash banked. So it died down quickly.
Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

Etaria wrote:Just to let you know, my users were robbing like crazy the first 3 or 4 days, some even stayed up to play the lotto since I had it set every 3 hours, lol. But after a couple of days, novelty wore off and nobody is robbing anymore. And most have all their cash banked. So it died down quickly.
You know what I would have done is set the success rate to 0% and the penalty rate of 100%...that would have stopped all the robbers :lol:
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ PurephpBB Founder ]
Etaria

Post by Etaria »

Aha, Ashley - that is a good one. I should have done that just to see what would have happened, lol.

Femu:

Think I found another bug:

For attachments, the points are only received when it is a post all by itself. If it is a reply to a thread, no points are given for what is set as the value for attachments.

Just to let you know, I made a post with a .jpg attached. Received the 20 points. Then I replied to the thread and others did, each having an attachment, and no points received. I tried this with both .jpg and .pdf files.

My settings:
General points for adding attachments: 10 points
Additional points for each file attachment: 10 points
femu

Post by femu »

Etaria wrote:Aha, Ashley - that is a good one. I should have done that just to see what would have happened, lol.

Femu:

Think I found another bug:

For attachments, the points are only received when it is a post all by itself. If it is a reply to a thread, no points are given for what is set as the value for attachments.

Just to let you know, I made a post with a .jpg attached. Received the 20 points. Then I replied to the thread and others did, each having an attachment, and no points received. I tried this with both .jpg and .pdf files.

My settings:
General points for adding attachments: 10 points
Additional points for each file attachment: 10 points
Thanks! This one is fixed in the SVN.

regards,
femu
Regards, femu

Post by femu »

azzam wrote:Thank you for reply..

And congrats your mod going very strong.And i am really liking it.Good luck for all of your project and for your life.

And for now the request...

Each User can select 6 digits ( ex: 234523 ) . And script auto select 6 digits. If user digits match with selected digits. User will win the set amount in acp. If another user match 5 digits so that user will get 2nd prize and so on and on... :) Hope now i wrote in details..

Some user submitted addon in APS site but in that mod user can select images..But addon still buggy i think.If you want to look at that mod should i send you link..So it would be helpful to luk what you have to do.. :)

And please edit your first post so users can know what upcoming mods are suppoting your mod..

Regards..
Thanks. I added the information to our future list.

Regards,
femu
Regards, femu

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”