[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
autinhyeu

Re: [RC] Ultimate Points 1.0.3

Post by autinhyeu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Thanks for great MOD ;)
I had install it for my forum...
Thanks!
phpBB Community in Vietnamese: http://www.phpbbvn.com

Sorry, my English language is fine impossible

mapb_1990

Post by mapb_1990 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:25 pm

who to uninstall cash mod database?

Mircea007

Post by Mircea007 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:34 am

is there a way to remove an user from not getting the points for post for example administrators
Flash Games like you never seen before

mej284

Post by mej284 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:05 am

If anyone needs this styled for X-Treme, X-iPhone, X-Static or X-Vision You can find the style modifications here: Ultimate Points Style Mods
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style

moltendorf

Post by moltendorf » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:43 am

milkboy31 wrote:Or is thi sthe same bug as Moltendorfs? Theoretically, if I didn't want to give out points for editing posts... I would have set it to 20 per post, and 0 per edit. If the users didn't lose or gain the post points for editing (as Moltendorfs bug shows) then I wouldn't be seeing this behavior, correct?

I was going to test out Moltendorf's fix, but the last part is identical... copy / paste error? :lol:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10262315
That is the bug I technically fixed in my patch. The last part is not identical, just search for "points_bonus" and you will notice you can't find it in within the find block, only within the replace block.
Did I ever mention that I think phpBB is awesome? I thought I did, but I'm not so sure, so I'll say it again: phpBB is awesome!
pantry \ snack :: is_good ( ) ? pantry \ snack :: hastily_consume ( ) : pantry \ snack :: reject ( );

Need some help? I have a solid understanding several programming and markup languages.
Projects: QuickChat: A Shoutbox, Live Post, ORANGEstyle

milkboy31

Post by milkboy31 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:20 pm

Ahhh... my bad. For some reason I didn't see the scroll bars there and thought the single window was all the change you made on that correction. :oops:

It works great now. My bug is a non-issue with this patch installed.

Edit: I should say... it's a non issue if I turn off points for editing a post. It still exists if you have points assigned per edit... In other words... once you apply the patch Moltendorf gave, if you have "points given per edit" to anything other than zero, it will give you that amount of points with every edit, even if you don't change ANYTHING on the post. This is by design, I'm sure, but it REALLY opens itself up to abuse of the system. The patch Moltendorf gives does stop the bug that removed those extra points when you DID change something on the edit, but the points are still given for changing nothing.
Last edited by milkboy31 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

femu

Post by femu » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:47 pm

mej284 wrote:If anyone needs this styled for X-Treme, X-iPhone, X-Static or X-Vision You can find the style modifications here: Ultimate Points Style Mods
Great. Thanks!
Regards, femu

femu

Post by femu » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:49 pm

@ All: Please stop discussing the points calcualtion stuff. We are aware of it and we are working on. So just be happy as it is for now. It will become better, promised :)

So I will currently not answering any of these questions/complaints.
Regards, femu

milkboy31

Post by milkboy31 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:04 pm

femu wrote:@ All: Please stop discussing the points calcualtion stuff. We are aware of it and we are working on. So just be happy as it is for now. It will become better, promised :)

So I will currently not answering any of these questions/complaints.
Femu, I'm not discussing it as a complaint... I'm trying to help you guys narrow down the issue. But regardless, I've edited my previous post to reflect some of the latest info and you are free to do what you want. I'll let it be. Thanks.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:36 pm

keith10456 wrote:
femu wrote:
keith10456 wrote:I got the error when I ran the provided SQL script to convert from APS 0.9.2 to UP 1.0.3
Ok. Let's first see, if you might have these values already in the phpbb_acl_options ..

Go to your phpMyAdmin and check, if the three fields (u_use_robbery, u_use_lottery and u_use_transfer) probably already exists ....

If not, try again following queries:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options (auth_option, is_global, is_local, founder_only) VALUES ('u_use_robbery', 1, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options (auth_option, is_global, is_local, founder_only) VALUES ('u_use_lottery', 1, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options (auth_option, is_global, is_local, founder_only) VALUES ('u_use_transfer', 1, 0, 0);
If this works, go ahead with the next queries. But run them step by step.
That worked... One last problem though :( When I go to the "Robbery" in the ACP I get an error message letting me know that the html file is missing. I double-checked to ensure that all files where uploaded, purged cache, etc.

The error is:

template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./style/.html 
Any thoughts on this?

Wuerzi

Post by Wuerzi » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:05 pm

keith10456 wrote: The error is:

Any thoughts on this?
Yes, looks in the contrib folder - Upgrade_and_others - install_upgrades.xml ;)
Step 2: Reverse the edits of the files, you have edited during the installation of APS or
the Simple Points System.

Means bringing the files back to their original state.

Step 7: Go to your ACP and install the menues manually in the system tab under Administration
and .MODS. First the main category and the the four submenues, which you will find
under ACP_POINTS
I think you have forgot delete the old APS module :?

moltendorf

Post by moltendorf » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:49 pm

milkboy31 wrote:This is by design, I'm sure, but it REALLY opens itself up to abuse of the system. The patch Moltendorf gives does stop the bug that removed those extra points when you DID change something on the edit, but the points are still given for changing nothing.
On my board I set new posts, topics, and edits to be worth next to nothing compared to the amount of points one gets for the content of the posts. The main issue is that the mod does not check if the post is any different from the previous one. So for example, on my board, editing a post would be worth 0.10 points in some areas, but at 0.01 points a character, it would be much more effective to make a 3000 character post.
Did I ever mention that I think phpBB is awesome? I thought I did, but I'm not so sure, so I'll say it again: phpBB is awesome!
pantry \ snack :: is_good ( ) ? pantry \ snack :: hastily_consume ( ) : pantry \ snack :: reject ( );

Need some help? I have a solid understanding several programming and markup languages.
Projects: QuickChat: A Shoutbox, Live Post, ORANGEstyle

milkboy31

Post by milkboy31 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:26 pm

Totally understandable Moltendorf, but I have a few forums that I don't want to award points within... such as a spam area, off-topic area, or a testing area. Since this mod doesn't offer the ability to disable points per forum (since points per character/word are global values) I can't use points per word/character on my site and am limited to points per post/topic instead, where I can set those to zero for forums I don't want to get points, and to higher values for those that I do.

I had previously asked if we could get a "points on/points off" setting for forums so I could just disable the points on those that I don't want to get them (and could then turn on points per character/word globally)... but it doesn't sound like that is a feature they want to add.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Wuerzi wrote:
keith10456 wrote: The error is:

Any thoughts on this?
Yes, looks in the contrib folder - Upgrade_and_others - install_upgrades.xml ;)
Step 2: Reverse the edits of the files, you have edited during the installation of APS or
the Simple Points System.

Means bringing the files back to their original state.

Step 7: Go to your ACP and install the menues manually in the system tab under Administration
and .MODS. First the main category and the the four submenues, which you will find
under ACP_POINTS
I think you have forgot delete the old APS module :?
Negative... The old APS module is not there. The weird thing is the other links in the ACP for the UPS work except for the "Robbery" link.

Does anyone know the code (& file) that I can check that controls this.

oxfordsi

Post by oxfordsi » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi,

I have installed the MOD and all appears fine, however the only issue which i can identify at the moment is within the ACP. Within the ACP i have a section entitled .MOD. Before installing the MOD this section of the ACP worked fine however since installing it i just get the dreaded white page with nothing on the screen.

Any ideas what might be the issue?

Simon

EDIT: Not to worry... went through entire script and found a put an extra ' where it shouldn't be. Isnt php temperamental!!
Last edited by oxfordsi on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”