[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
azzam

Re: [RC1] Ultimate Points 1.0.0

Post by azzam » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:21 pm

Will you write any update instruction form APS last version to this latest version??it will be great if you do this last time for point mod.You done a lot for point system.Thank you
Azzam Malik
I love mods :)

femu

Post by femu » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi Adrian,

I don't think they will work, as we changed the name in the users table to user_points instead of points (was due to the fact that Simple Points and Medal System Mod are using this name).

So you might need to update your Thanks Addon and the Invite a friend ;)

@ azzam: For the Arcade is temporary Quickfix here available. Is for Arcade 1.0.0-RC8. With the next release of the Arcade it is included.

The User Blog Mod Plugin will be in the update release of Ultimate Points late tomorrow.

regards,
Felix
Regards, femu

azzam

Post by azzam » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:51 pm

Thank you Femu for reply.
As i asked few times before now i am still asking 8-) i think you didn't read that.What about the update instruction from All of points system and their add-ons because this isn't much to ask for i think. ;)
Hope you will do something about this.
Because i already installed APS 0.9.2 and all addons :)
So it will be great for me and all other perosns who already installed APS and add-ons.
And will the Advance lottery system be in the next release?(Number choice lottery)
And will ADRIAN work with you guys ? It will be good and mod will be easily publish in Mod database.
Sorry for asking same question again and again but hope you won't mid it as you made this topic for to discuss :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH ..... :)
Azzam Malik

Richazey

Post by Richazey » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:45 pm

femu wrote:
parkstee wrote:Really looking forward to this mod and hopefully it will get a release into the mods database sooner rather than later.

Question: Is the lottery histroy page style same as the aps one or is it different as my view would be it would be better if it was based on the forum style and not the ucp style.
It's nearly the same. We changed only the way the historie is displayed and the pagination. Check here. Or use the testuser account to see the whole functionality of the mod.

Regards,
Felix
I would sugest it look like the histroy page of the milestone mod, as it looks a lot better :idea:

femu

Post by femu » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:18 am

azzam wrote:Thank you Femu for reply.
As i asked few times before now i am still asking 8-) i think you didn't read that.What about the update instruction from All of points system and their add-ons because this isn't much to ask for i think. ;)
Hope you will do something about this.
Because i already installed APS 0.9.2 and all addons :)
So it will be great for me and all other perosns who already installed APS and add-ons.
And will the Advance lottery system be in the next release?(Number choice lottery)
And will ADRIAN work with you guys ? It will be good and mod will be easily publish in Mod database.
Sorry for asking same question again and again but hope you won't mid it as you made this topic for to discuss :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH ..... :)
Hi azzam,

Wuerzi added also an update instruction from APS 0.9.2. For the addons it's up to Adrian to change them to fit with Ultimate Points. Except he allows us to change them.

The advanced lottery system is on the list, but I can't say right now, when it will be implemented. At the current stage, we want to have a stable system, which can be send to the MOD-DB. After that, we will start with new stuff.

So please apologize, when we now only do core things.

Regards,
femu
Regards, femu

femu

Post by femu » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:26 am

parkstee wrote:I would sugest it look like the histroy page of the milestone mod, as it looks a lot better :idea:
I put that on the list. No promise of course ;)

regards,
femu
Regards, femu

azzam

Post by azzam » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:21 am

hy femu,
Thank you for replying again.That's a good thing to hear that you included update instructions in package.Now i have to install your mod.And i will ask to adrian as he is not developing this mod form now.So HOPE he will give you permission to change add-ons form APS to UPS. :)

Hopw update will go fine :)
Azzam Malik

drankur

Post by drankur » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 pm

its excellent .... i am waiting for it to get approved :)

woipi90

Post by woipi90 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:49 pm

hy,

first thing, many thx for your work....

i've got a question which i also asked some time ago adrian for including in the aps mod....
is or will there be a function to give points right through the acp in the points mod tab where you can select a user or a usergroup decide how much points you want to transfer to him or take from him and give a reason for that....

for example in the transfer module it could look like this....

+/-{ points_value} {points_name} {name_of_admin_who_gave_the_p.} {reason_why_take/give_p.}

that would be a great feature....

another idea would be how about integrating a ratings mod....

for example if you got 5 positive votes on your post the admin can see the post in the acp as an points canditate and he/she can then decide if he/she will give points for this post....
maybe simply by clicking a button add_points and giving the reason for that....
maybe also available for other ratings linked with other mods (pictures, profiles, calendarevents, am)....

and what about including all the reasons why you got points in the protocoll (posts, lottery, robbery)?

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";

femu

Re: [RC] Ultimate Points 1.0.1

Post by femu » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:36 pm

Update to 1.0.1

Changelog:
  • [NEW] Show received points after posting
  • [FIX] Points with transfer were not added/substracted. Thanks to Dr.Death for the correction
  • [FIX] The Mod Author information couldn't be opened correctly. Thanks to NV
  • [FIX] The values in the log file were set incorrect. Thanks to Dr.Death
  • [FIX] Registering points were not given
  • [FIX] English language files were reworked and corrected. Thanks to Ashley.S.
  • [CHG] The description of most rich user in points tab changed as it's different from the one on the index
  • [CHG] Changed the way the lottery time is displayed. Thanks to NV!
  • [CHG] Exclude quote and /quote tags from counting. Thanks to el_teniente for the code!
This will be the status, which we will submit to the MOD-DB. So anything else will come after the (hopefully) successfull submission :lol:

Download see first post.

Kind regards,
wuerzi & femu
Regards, femu

femu

Post by femu » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:49 pm

woipi90 wrote:hy,

first thing, many thx for your work....

i've got a question which i also asked some time ago adrian for including in the aps mod....
is or will there be a function to give points right through the acp in the points mod tab where you can select a user or a usergroup decide how much points you want to transfer to him or take from him and give a reason for that....

for example in the transfer module it could look like this....

+/-{ points_value} {points_name} {name_of_admin_who_gave_the_p.} {reason_why_take/give_p.}

that would be a great feature....
Not yet thought about that. You can change points in the users tab in the ACP, but without a note. The only possibility we added for now is the possibility to add/substract/set points with PM for groups.
woipi90 wrote:another idea would be how about integrating a ratings mod....

for example if you got 5 positive votes on your post the admin can see the post in the acp as an points canditate and he/she can then decide if he/she will give points for this post....
maybe simply by clicking a button add_points and giving the reason for that....
maybe also available for other ratings linked with other mods (pictures, profiles, calendarevents, am)....

and what about including all the reasons why you got points in the protocoll (posts, lottery, robbery)?
Rating or any other mods ... This is up to those authors to integrate a points system like ours. We give the basis. And whoever like to use it, can simply implement it. Instructions are within the contrib folder. NV for example is thinking about integrate it in his Gallery Mod.

For the reasons ... I don't think it's usefull nor really needed. This might be nice in the beginning, but I can asure you, after a while nobody is looking there ;-)

But at current stage, we wnat to get it in the MOD-DB. After that we can talk about all other things, which might be possible, don't make sence or whatever ;-)

Regards,
femu
Regards, femu

1234homie

Post by 1234homie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:24 pm

femu wrote:Update to 1.0.1

Changelog:
  • [NEW] Show received points after posting
  • [FIX] Points with transfer were not added/substracted. Thanks to Dr.Death for the correction
  • [FIX] The Mod Author information couldn't be opened correctly. Thanks to NV
  • [FIX] The values in the log file were set incorrect. Thanks to Dr.Death
  • [FIX] Registering points were not given
  • [FIX] English language files were reworked and corrected. Thanks to Ashley.S.
  • [CHG] The description of most rich user in points tab changed as it's different from the one on the index
  • [CHG] Changed the way the lottery time is displayed. Thanks to NV!
  • [CHG] Exclude quote and /quote tags from counting. Thanks to el_teniente for the code!
This will be the status, which we will submit to the MOD-DB. So anything else will come after the (hopefully) successfull submission :lol:

Download see first post.

Kind regards,
wuerzi & femu
MOD-DB??? :lol: This mod have else bugs like utf-8 in comments on transfer page (topic: http://phpbbgods.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=351)> I've test it and I'm not see any changes than clearly code and queries than APS :P

femu

Post by femu » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:36 am

We just realised this one (and another one). So it looks like we need to wait again with the MOD-DB until we really found and fixed all possible bugs.

So please at all. Test everything and report everything you may found!

We don't want to be blamed ;) But there only will be bugfixing. No new features or other changes. Just to name it again :roll:

Thanks,
femu
Regards, femu

woipi90

Post by woipi90 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:35 am

one thing i recognised too is if you have disabled the points for topics or posts function like giving the user 0 points then it would be usefull if the message 'you got 0 points for this post' shouldn't be displayed....

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";

Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:34 am

woipi90 wrote:one thing i recognised too is if you have disabled the points for topics or posts function like giving the user 0 points then it would be usefull if the message 'you got 0 points for this post' shouldn't be displayed....

grz woipi
I actually like it when it displays 0, because it then tells the members, if they want points to go post elsewhere for them :lol:
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ ProphpBB Free Forum Hosting Moderator ]

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”