[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
yexusbeliever

Re: [RC] Ultimate Points 1.0.1

Post by yexusbeliever » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Interesting mod. So this mod is a promised not to die like the other point system mod, right?

femu

Post by femu » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:13 pm

yexusbeliever wrote:Interesting mod. So this mod is a promised not to die like the other point system mod, right?
Definitly! We have even more interessting ideas on our list, which will keep us busy for another year (at least). As soon as we have it stable, it will be released to the MOD-DB. Then the story will go on ;-)

So we are cuurently waiting for input on the current 1.0.1 with things, we need to fix. Some are already done.

A few of them which are already done and doesn't need to be reportet again:
  • Attachments and polls were counted twice
  • UTF-8 compatibilty in transfer comments is now correct
  • Lottery history named "No Winner" in the language of the one who started the process (now displayed in the users language)
  • Mod Authors information couldn't be opened in browser due to a missing </heading>
  • Mod Author information German language was missing
  • Number format in overall_header.html is displayed now correctly
  • Lottery and Robbery PM is now sent in receivers language
I also added the possibility to reduce the amount in the robbery, which could be stolen in each run (so you could set x percent of the cash amount of the user to be robbed). So if the user, which should be robbed has i.e. 1000 Points and you set 10%, another user can rob a maximum of 100 points (of course only if he is successful) ;) So this value and the chance to be successful value together should prevent the other users to be robbed completely with only one robbery.

And I'm currently working on the part to substract the points a user received, when a user delete his post/topic (there are still a few things, which needs to fixed in this part). So not yet ready.

EDIT: This should now work

So again: Please report any bug immediately. Check the mod thoroughly! Try every option up and down.

Thanks!
femu
Last edited by femu on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, femu

mutank
Name: Dominic Struczynski

Post by mutank » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:01 pm

The GmodNation.com forums is now a proud user of this mod :D

Wyr!H@x!mu$
Name: Cees-Jan

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:26 pm

Both the Marriage MOD and the Toplist MOD will support this mod in the next release :). Tbh I was very happy to see the code for updating the cash on posts and priv messages to be in the API saves me some work on my secret project ^^.

femu

Post by femu » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:59 pm

Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote:Both the Marriage MOD and the Toplist MOD will support this mod in the next release :). Tbh I was very happy to see the code for updating the cash on posts and priv messages to be in the API saves me some work on my secret project ^^.
Glad to see some more modifications supporting the Ultimate Points!

Thanks very much,
femu
Regards, femu

Mircea007

Post by Mircea007 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:50 pm

will this work for another style (black_pearl) and if yes what do i need to change

thank you
Flash Games like you never seen before

SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:18 am

Mircea007 wrote:will this work for another style (black_pearl) and if yes what do i need to change

thank you
Each style is different but usually it's just a matter of putting the code in the same spot really. Much like other MODs you will just have to tinker with it.

Mircea007

Post by Mircea007 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:46 am

yeah thats what sucks i usually dont get around it and there is always something wrong that i do .... and the mod doesnt work .... did anybody install this on black_pearl and has the revised files that would be easier .... if not if there is anyone kind enough to write the coding and where i can replace it ... i tried almost all the "rep" mods out there ... can't make them work , i tried cash mod , i tried karma mode , easy points or something like that .... can't make it work for this style ..... so any help is apreciate it ... thank you verrrrryyyy much
Flash Games like you never seen before

femu

Post by femu » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:36 am

Mircea007 wrote:yeah thats what sucks i usually dont get around it and there is always something wrong that i do .... and the mod doesnt work .... did anybody install this on black_pearl and has the revised files that would be easier .... if not if there is anyone kind enough to write the coding and where i can replace it ... i tried almost all the "rep" mods out there ... can't make them work , i tried cash mod , i tried karma mode , easy points or something like that .... can't make it work for this style ..... so any help is apreciate it ... thank you verrrrryyyy much
Where is the problem? There are only a view edits on the installed template files. So if the style is properly set up, you shouldn't have problems to find the points, where you need to insert the need codes. So in case it's a prosilver based style, use the instructions from the main install file and if it's a subsilver2 based style, then you need the instructions from the subsilver2 install file.

regards,
femu
Regards, femu

yexusbeliever

Re: [RC1] Ultimate Points 1.0.0

Post by yexusbeliever » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:22 pm

femu wrote:
The-Lord wrote:The shop Mod by Adrian works with this?
Not yet. But I'm in good hope, that Adrian will work that out.
If Adrian's Shop Mod doesn't work, then Phantom784's Shop Mod should work. You find it --> http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=575761

The only sad thing is the Phantom seems to be inactive with new development of the mod since August 2008. It's almost a year ago. Therefore test it out before using it live.

femu, correct me if I'm wrong.

usenet2you

Post by usenet2you » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:44 pm

He means compability, both MODs will work, but won't work together with the Ultimate Points MOD to buy something with the points or something.

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:56 pm

usenet2you wrote:He means compability, both MODs will work, but won't work together with the Ultimate Points MOD to buy something with the points or something.
Since any mod that needs to be compatible with ultimate points have user_points, then I believe Phantom's shop mod should be able to. It is compatible with Simple Point mod which uses user_points. But Adrian's Shop Mod uses a different table.

Still I rather choose Adrian's over Phantom as such that Adrian's is more developed and more stable. Yet I await for the compatibility.

Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:51 pm

yexusbeliever wrote:
usenet2you wrote:He means compability, both MODs will work, but won't work together with the Ultimate Points MOD to buy something with the points or something.
Since any mod that needs to be compatible with ultimate points have user_points, then I believe Phantom's shop mod should be able to. It is compatible with Simple Point mod which uses user_points. But Adrian's Shop Mod uses a different table.

Still I rather choose Adrian's over Phantom as such that Adrian's is more developed and more stable. Yet I await for the compatibility.
I work now on a RC version it will be compatible with: APS, UPS, Cash Mod, Simple Points.
RPG MOD for phpbb3

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Thank you, Adrian. I will look forward to using your Shop Mod. My eagerness can't hold! :)

Wyr!H@x!mu$
Name: Cees-Jan

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:13 pm

Hmm I ran into this bug today when someone tried to rob me 0_o

Secondly I didn't get any email PM notifications for the robbing attempts, is that a design decision or?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”