[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Adrian1

Re: [RC] Ultimate Points 1.0.1

Post by Adrian1 »

Femu, do the UPS can be installed with automod because i want to test the compatibility with my new Shop Mod. ?
RPG MOD for phpbb3
yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

Adrian1 wrote:Femu, do the UPS can be installed with automod because i want to test the compatibility with my new Shop Mod. ?
I tested on Automod. It works perfectly with the mod installation. Give it a try and let us know. If you like other people like me can help test out your new Shop Mod as well.
femu

Post by femu »

Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote:Hmm I ran into this bug today when someone tried to rob me 0_o

Secondly I didn't get any email PM notifications for the robbing attempts, is that a design decision or?
You get a donation mail with the robbery and on the second one you said you don't get any mails with robbery???

That's a litlle confusing ...

regards,
femu
Regards, femu

Post by femu »

Adrian1 wrote:Femu, do the UPS can be installed with automod because i want to test the compatibility with my new Shop Mod. ?
Hi Adrian,

as yexusbeliever said it normlay works with automod.

regards,
femu

BTW. As the question was somewhere above. Will you make your other mods UPS compatible too?
Regards, femu

Post by FLATTOP »

Femu,

I installed this mod on my test site, install went well and it works great, I have a couple questions/suggestions and am wondering if they can be done or will be done in the next release.

1st: it's a little confusing that it says points and cash in different areas, even if you change the name of the points to something else, in viewtopic for example, it says "cash on hand" and on the index page under points statistics it says "cash", shouldn't it say the same everywhere, either cash or points but not both?

2nd: I would like the ability to change the jackpot in the lottery module to whatever I want, the jackpot is only points, on my site I give away games, I would like the ability to change whats in the jackpot from points to a game or a dog, or a cat or a car, or anything.
yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

FLATTOP wrote:Femu,

I installed this mod on my test site, install went well and it works great, I have a couple questions/suggestions and am wondering if they can be done or will be done in the next release.

1st: it's a little confusing that it says points and cash in different areas, even if you change the name of the points to something else, in viewtopic for example, it says "cash on hand" and on the index page under points statistics it says "cash", shouldn't it say the same everywhere, either cash or points but not both?
I agree with the 1st point. I think we admins should be able to change the "cash on hand" to any statement we want for point system. For example, we can just say that it's "Euro Points" in the viewtopic. For cash and points are two different items to me as well. Others, especially newly members, will get confused by that when they come to our forums.
femu

Post by femu »

Hmmm ... we used the different way of naming it as it has different meanings ... So I will discuss this issue with Wuerzi. But you can alter the language file of course and overwrite the word cash with points and vice versa meanwhile ...

Or tell me a better string to use. So how would you call the points you have freely available and which are used by other mods too, so the points which are not in the bank?
FLATTOP wrote:2nd: I would like the ability to change the jackpot in the lottery module to whatever I want, the jackpot is only points, on my site I give away games, I would like the ability to change whats in the jackpot from points to a game or a dog, or a cat or a car, or anything.
I see. But at the current point of development we want to get it really stable. So it will be points for now. I will add it to the future list. Here the same. You can alter the language file ;-) But don't do it right now, as we are currently working on another update, which is nearly ready (still some testing to do and the documentation).

regards,
femu
Regards, femu

Post by yexusbeliever »

femu wrote: Hmmm ... we used the different way of naming it as it has different meanings ... So I will discuss this issue with Wuerzi. But you can alter the language file of course and overwrite the word cash with points and vice versa meanwhile ...

Or tell me a better string to use. So how would you call the points you have freely available and which are used by other mods too, so the points which are not in the bank?
The point mod for phpBB2 just reveal the points you have at hands in the viewtopic. In the viewtopic, viewers will see "Points: 000" (0 is identify as any number.) When the admin change the point name in ACP, "Points" will be changed to any of point name. And that's how it will display in the viewtopic.

The old mod did this to plainly state that whatever the user have in the bank is confidential and only the user or admin will know. What other users see the points at hand is only what they know that the person has.

For me, I prefer it the same way as the old point mod uses displaying in the viewtopic. Why? Once I change the point name, the changed name will show in the viewtopic; which makes it easier for me that I don't have to go into the code and manuelly changed it myself in viewtopic. And whenever I change the point name to something else, it'll be easier for me and my understanding.

femu, what do you think about it? Hopefully you can easily change the code this way.
NathanFtw

Post by NathanFtw »

Before i install this mod, do we have the ability to remove the "Most rich users" or whatever on the index page? Or would i just have to skip that bit out?
sotis

Post by sotis »

In the "Most rich users" and in "Overview" it shows guest account with amount of points.
FLATTOP

Post by FLATTOP »

femu wrote:

Hmmm ... we used the different way of naming it as it has different meanings ... So I will discuss this issue with Wuerzi. But you can alter the language file of course and overwrite the word cash with points and vice versa meanwhile ...
That's what I have done as a temporary fix is edit the language file, it has fixed most of the conflicts
FLATTOP

Post by FLATTOP »

sotis wrote:In the "Most rich users" and in "Overview" it shows guest account with amount of points.
you need to edit your permissions to block guests from having access to the points mod
FLATTOP

Post by FLATTOP »

NathanFtw wrote:Before i install this mod, do we have the ability to remove the "Most rich users" or whatever on the index page? Or would i just have to skip that bit out?
If you don't want to have that shown, you will have to leave that code out of the mod, I don't know if you will have any errors doing it, so use caution. You can leave it and change the language file to say something other than "Most Rich User"
femu

Post by femu »

yexusbeliever wrote:
femu wrote: Hmmm ... we used the different way of naming it as it has different meanings ... So I will discuss this issue with Wuerzi. But you can alter the language file of course and overwrite the word cash with points and vice versa meanwhile ...

The point mod for phpBB2 just reveal the points you have at hands in the viewtopic. In the viewtopic, viewers will see "Points: 000" (0 is identify as any number.) When the admin change the point name in ACP, "Points" will be changed to any of point name. And that's how it will display in the viewtopic.

The old mod did this to plainly state that whatever the user have in the bank is confidential and only the user or admin will know. What other users see the points at hand is only what they know that the person has.

For me, I prefer it the same way as the old point mod uses displaying in the viewtopic. Why? Once I change the point name, the changed name will show in the viewtopic; which makes it easier for me that I don't have to go into the code and manuelly changed it myself in viewtopic. And whenever I change the point name to something else, it'll be easier for me and my understanding.

femu, what do you think about it? Hopefully you can easily change the code this way.
So you mean the bank info only should be seen by the user himself and the admins? And replacing the word "cash-on-hand" to the points name?

If so, it will be done iin a future version. As I said somewhere above. No more changes for now. For the bank, this might be a general questions, if this should be shown in general or not.
Last edited by femu on Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, femu

Post by femu »

NathanFtw wrote:Before i install this mod, do we have the ability to remove the "Most rich users" or whatever on the index page? Or would i just have to skip that bit out?
You can disable the display in the ACP. So build it in and diable it in the ACP ;)
Regards, femu

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”