[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Dangerell
Name: Cristi

Re: [RC] Ultimate Points 1.0.5

Post by Dangerell » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:55 am

I managed to make some free time and install it and surprise... it worked like a charm ! No errors! Thanks!
Last edited by Dangerell on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

femu

Post by femu » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:57 am

Good to hear, that you managed to get it finally working ;)
Regards, femu

lugsciath

Post by lugsciath » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 am

Okay, here is a solution for the "sql error" problem with missing php_points... table.

It isn´t a install error, i made very exactly the instructions and i tested it twice and got that error. Btw.: I haven´t a brandnew board, but i´m advanced in php / modding.

Solution:

Before Installation:

Inactivate all entries from UPM code in common.php (or just made the entries AFTER installation)
by adding /* for the code and adding */ after it.

Inactivate all entries in from UPM code functions.php (or just made the entries AFTER installation)
by adding /* for the code and adding */ after it.

Just call install_ultimate_points.php

After installation do the entries or reactivate it.

Thats all. I think, the Install code have to be done BEFORE Install.xml or just a simple sql query for editing these tables.

Have Fun, sorry if another solution like these was post before ;) ... dont read all postings.

femu

Post by femu » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:33 am

What problem are you refering to???
Regards, femu

Dangerell

Post by Dangerell » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:45 am

Can you please tell me how can i stop a certain users or group from being showed in the Most rich users ? I want to exclude Administrators from the Most rich users list. Before asking this i tried doing this as an alternative hopping that the Administrators won't get any more points :

in Group Permissions -> Administrator -> Points i checked No (which was by default ) "Use ultimate points" but nothing happened.. if i set it to "Yes" same thing.. nothing happened in both cases the Ultimate points can be used... only if i set it to Never.. then it gets locked.. no more points no more panel accessible on front user.
i tried same thing for User permissions -> User and same things happened with yes and no.

So the "No" option shouldn't basically deny some access ?

Have a great day.

Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:49 am

Dangerell wrote:Can you please tell me how can i stop a certain users or group from being showed in the Most rich users ? I want to exclude Administrators from the Most rich users list. Before asking this i tried doing this as an alternative hopping that the Administrators won't get any more points :

in Group Permissions -> Administrator -> Points i checked No (which was by default ) "Use ultimate points" but nothing happened.. if i set it to "Yes" same thing.. nothing happened in both cases the Ultimate points can be used... only if i set it to Never.. then it gets locked.. no more points no more panel accessible on front user.
i tried same thing for User permissions -> User and same things happened with yes and no.

So the "No" option shouldn't basically deny some access ?

Have a great day.
if you set a user/group to no, and they have yes in another group, they will still use the yes permissions. If you don't want them to receive points, set the user/group to never to ensure that any other groups with the permissions to gain points is overridden by the never setting.
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ ProphpBB Free Forum Hosting Moderator ]

Dangerell

Post by Dangerell » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:02 pm

Yes, I tried that.. but when checked i don't have any more access to the points panel (points.php) just the not authorized message and i want to still see what's in points page if I'm Administrator although i don't use it.

Abera

Post by Abera » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:31 pm

femu wrote:
keith10456 wrote:
Abera wrote:... Do you, or do you know anyone that will install UP on my site. I installed it on a test site and works fine, but my site that I want to install it on has a few lines not found in the XML, or previous mods have changed the lines.
Thanks
Maybe you should list the lines that are missing and someone would probably be able to help you (in addition to someone else that may have the same problem).
@ keith: Agree. Would be the best, to show us, where you can't find the needed edits.
Thanks to both of you and I will do that. :D

siberian58

Post by siberian58 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:03 pm

femu wrote:
siberian58 wrote:I updated UP from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5 seems like without a hitch.. till I decided to use my shop mod. now when I click on shop mod I receive this error.. mind you I did nothing to shop mod 1.05b

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'points_name' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

SELECT points_name FROM phpbb_points_config

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_shop.php
LINE: 351
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: shop.php
LINE: 285
CALL: get_points()
Any ideas how I can fix it?

Very simple. The field 'points_name' is not in the phpbb_points_config, but in the phpbb_config ... So a wrong reference in the shop mod.
Any ideas how this was changed? worked fine in 1.0.4 So how can I change the reference?

katib

Post by katib » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:01 pm

femu wrote:
katib wrote:I am having the same issue as this guy:
Points are accumulating properly, the ACP is functioning correctly, but no one has access to the points page. In the main nav bar, you can see Points[100.00] or whatever, but when you click it, you get "You are not authorised to access this area."

When viewing any user profile or view topic area, the points says LOCKED.
THis is what I did so far:
First I edited the files as per .xml instructions, then I run points_install.sql because board screwed complaingng about some missing tables
Finally I run root/install_ultimate_points.php
what wrong I did ?
Maybe you should check the permissions?
Sure ! it was a permission problem
I went to ACP --> Permissions ----> group's permissions ---> members ----> Advanced permissions ---> Points
Then I set
Can use Ultimate Points --> YES

Now I can use and display most of Point features throughout the board
Thank so much

Robster400

Post by Robster400 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi, a suggestion for the robbery module..

If attacker fails in a robbery attempt, can you add a switch so that the victim of the failed attack receives the attackers failure penalty if its turned on?
Kind of like 'compensation' for the failed attack..

katib

Post by katib » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:25 pm

I have a quesion:
does the points earned by a user from posting, editing, attachements.. automatically deposes in the Bank?
If not, I would like the points to be automatically added to the Bank so users can get interset rate and maintaining costs can e applied ?

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:38 pm

I am now using the 1.0.5 version (upgrade from 1.0.4) and tried to warn a user. However , after I submitted a warning, I got the following error last for few seconds in the header of the board.

Could anyone tell me where I should check for this error ?

Thank You .

femu

Post by femu » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:51 am

katib wrote:I have a quesion:
does the points earned by a user from posting, editing, attachements.. automatically deposes in the Bank?
If not, I would like the points to be automatically added to the Bank so users can get interset rate and maintaining costs can e applied ?
No. It's not deposited in the bank. They have to do a little by themselves ;)
So not everybody opens a bank account or they want to have the points directly available. Otherwise they might not do certain things like playing Arcade ... All addons take their points from the "cash" account. So the bank account is untouchable.
Regards, femu

femu

Post by femu » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:54 am

lovelysummer wrote:I am now using the 1.0.5 version (upgrade from 1.0.4) and tried to warn a user. However , after I submitted a warning, I got the following error last for few seconds in the header of the board.

Could anyone tell me where I should check for this error ?

Thank You .
Try follwoing fix:

Search in includes/mcp/mcp_warn.php

// Start Ultimate Points
	if ( $config['points_enable'] )
	{
		substract_points($user_row['user_id'], $points_values['points_per_warn']);
	}
	// End Ultimate Points
and replace with

// Start Ultimate Points
       global $points_values;

if ( $config['points_enable'] )
       {
          substract_points($user_row['user_id'], $points_values['points_per_warn']);
       }
       // End Ultimate Points
Regards, femu

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”