[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
yexusbeliever

Re: [RC] Ultimate Points 1.0.1

Post by yexusbeliever »

femu wrote:
So you mean the bank info only should be seen by the user himself and the admins? And replacing the word "cash-on-hand" to the points name?

If so, it will be done iin a future version. As I said somewhere above. No more changes for now. For the bank, this might be a general questions, if this should be shown in general or not.
Oh no, that's not what I mean. I meant that you can allow admins to have the ability to change the word "cash-on-hand" to any they choose. Bank personal info can only be seen by the user of the account and the admin.
NathanFtw

Post by NathanFtw »

NathanFtw wrote:

Before i install this mod, do we have the ability to remove the "Most rich users" or whatever on the index page? Or would i just have to skip that bit out?

femu wrote:

You can disable the display in the ACP. So build it in and diable it in the ACP ;)
Ok cheers, ill install now. Wish me luck :D.
femu

Post by femu »

yexusbeliever wrote:
femu wrote:
So you mean the bank info only should be seen by the user himself and the admins? And replacing the word "cash-on-hand" to the points name?

If so, it will be done iin a future version. As I said somewhere above. No more changes for now. For the bank, this might be a general questions, if this should be shown in general or not.
Oh no, that's not what I mean. I meant that you can allow admins to have the ability to change the word "cash-on-hand" to any they choose.
Hmmm .... if I would do this, I need another database field and queries. So If I would start with this, then others want to have the next one and so on. Nope. So if you don't like the words we use, then please change it in the language files. It doesn't make sense to add more and more words to the database to be as felxible in every situation :roll: This is a points mod and not all-over-god-mod :mrgreen:
yexusbeliever wrote:Bank personal info can only be seen by the user of the account and the admin.
So as I stated above. I think this is general question to all, what they prefere more. On the other hand ... This not the real life ;)

regards,
femu
Regards, femu

Post by sotis »

FLATTOP wrote:
sotis wrote:In the "Most rich users" and in "Overview" it shows guest account with amount of points.
you need to edit your permissions to block guests from having access to the points mod
Permissions are correct, the guests don't have permissions to use point system, but guest account still appears in statistics.
I upgraded from Advanced point system.
yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

femu wrote: Hmmm .... if I would do this, I need another database field and queries. So If I would start with this, then others want to have the next one and so on. Nope. So if you don't like the words we use, then please change it in the language files. It doesn't make sense to add more and more words to the database to be as felxible in every situation :roll: This is a points mod and not all-over-god-mod :mrgreen:
If you need to add another database field, then that would be too much. Though I'm not a mod developer, I know enough that I don't like more database field and queries. The mod is really great. I do like it much. And I appreciate the work you and the other guy put in. As you say then, I will change it myself.
FLATTOP

Post by FLATTOP »

sotis wrote:
FLATTOP wrote:
sotis wrote:In the "Most rich users" and in "Overview" it shows guest account with amount of points.
you need to edit your permissions to block guests from having access to the points mod
Permissions are correct, the guests don't have permissions to use point system, but guest account still appears in statistics.
I upgraded from Advanced point system.
You must have allowed guest access when you had advanced points installed, simply delete the guest account in your ACP, that will solve the problem
CJ1985

Post by CJ1985 »

Now say if someone donates money for the heck of it to a registered member, will that registered member get a PM stating how much the donation was for, from who and the ability for the person to leave a comment as well?

Just curious. :)
sotis

Post by sotis »

FLATTOP wrote:You must have allowed guest access when you had advanced points installed, simply delete the guest account in your ACP, that will solve the problem
If you delete a guest account you will have a lot of other problems. Guests can not see any forum at all after that.
I think permission system must work and I should be able to disable using point system for gusts. If not, that means there is some bug either in upgrade instructions or in the mod.
femu

Post by femu »

CJ1985 wrote:Now say if someone donates money for the heck of it to a registered member, will that registered member get a PM stating how much the donation was for, from who and the ability for the person to leave a comment as well?

Just curious. :)
Yes. The user will get a PM. With name and how much. In the next version not, if he disabled that one. So answering is of course as easy as when you answer a PM ;-)
Regards, femu

Post by femu »

sotis wrote:
FLATTOP wrote:You must have allowed guest access when you had advanced points installed, simply delete the guest account in your ACP, that will solve the problem
If you delete a guest account you will have a lot of other problems. Guests can not see any forum at all after that.
I think permission system must work and I should be able to disable using point system for gusts. If not, that means there is some bug either in upgrade instructions or in the mod.
The permission does in fact all you need to have. So if you gave a guest account the allowance to use the mod, you can simply correct his account in the ACP. Goto User & Groups -> Click guest account -> Overview

There you can change the guest points back to 0.00. Below the reentering the password.

regards,
femu
Regards, femu

Post by femu »

yexusbeliever wrote:
femu wrote: Hmmm .... if I would do this, I need another database field and queries. So If I would start with this, then others want to have the next one and so on. Nope. So if you don't like the words we use, then please change it in the language files. It doesn't make sense to add more and more words to the database to be as felxible in every situation :roll: This is a points mod and not all-over-god-mod :mrgreen:
If you need to add another database field, then that would be too much. Though I'm not a mod developer, I know enough that I don't like more database field and queries. The mod is really great. I do like it much. And I appreciate the work you and the other guy put in. As you say then, I will change it myself.
Thanks for your understanding!

femu
Regards, femu

Post by NathanFtw »

Installed like a breeze, all features work! The only thing i had to do was change a few language edits and some code edits for my style, other than that this mod is great thanks alot!

Edit: Oh just one thing, how do i remove the decimals from all the currencies for example in the lottery, robbery etc.
femu

Post by femu »

NathanFtw wrote:Installed like a breeze, all features work! The only thing i had to do was change a few language edits and some code edits for my style, other than that this mod is great thanks alot!

Edit: Oh just one thing, how do i remove the decimals from all the currencies for example in the lottery, robbery etc.
As a lot of people requested this, we added the decimals ;)

Open includes/points/functions_points.php and look for:

Code: Select all

/**
* Preformat numbers
*/
function number_format_points($num)
{
	global $user;

$decimals = 2;
	return number_format($num, $decimals, $user->lang['POINTS_SEPARATOR_DECIMAL'], $user->lang['POINTS_SEPARATOR_THOUSANDS']);
}
Change there the value for $decimals to 0. That should do the job. But be aware ... in the background the calculations are still done with decimals. So the displayed values may not tell the trouth :mrgreen:
Regards, femu

Post by NathanFtw »

That's ok, ill figure it out :) thanks alot!
CJ1985

Post by CJ1985 »

I'm really looking forward to this. :)

Now another question, and first of all thanks for answering my first question. My second question is, will there be a store or anything like that added like with stuff such as name color change, and stuff like that. Hope that makes sense.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”