[RC] Add Homepage link in header v.1.0.9

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

[RC] Add Homepage link in header v.1.0.9

Post by ChriZathens »

MOD Title: Add Homepage link in header
MOD Description: Helps you add your homepage's url on the header of your forum (beside "Board Index") Also offers the ability to turn this on/off via ACP, add a title to your link etc..
MOD Version: 1.0.9
MOD Download: Add Homepage link in header 1.0.9
Additional info: Look in the contrib folder for screenshots
phpbb version: 3.0.5

In version 1.0.8 you can define your homepage's link directly from the ACP. You can also select whether you want the link to open in a new window and you can also specify a title if you like...
The package also includes:
  1. Update instructions from -the validated - version 1.0.2
  2. Instructions for subsilver2
  3. Greek (Hellenic) translation
Screenshot from ACP in version 1.0.8:

Please provide with some feedback in order to be submitted to MODDB. (Since this is much more complete that version 1.0.2)

Translations:
Spanish: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10123915 (Thank you very much, Ahri89 !)

Changelog (full history is in the xml installation file)
v.1.0. 1 - May, 15 2009 - changed accesskey from h to y
v.1.0. 2 - June, 8 2009 - changes in package - submitted for validation
v.1.0.6 - July, 5 2009 - The mod now has full ACP control :P
v.1.0.7 - July, 11 2009 - Added ability to open your homepage in new window, add title
v.1.0.8 - July, 15 2009 - Some changes required for validation
v.1.0.9 - July, 16 2009 - Some more changes required for validation
Last edited by ChriZathens on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:25 am, edited 11 times in total.
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
olalavui
Name: Bui Thanh Tung

Re: [BETA] Add Homepage link in header v.1.0.6

Post by olalavui »

Come back phpBB with phpBBVietnam
ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens »

Thanks a lot for the translation!
Did you notice any problems with the mod?
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens »

For the next version, I thought about adding the possibility for he link to open in new window.
It of course will be optional, meaning that you will be able to select Yes/No in the relevant setting...
8-)
My mods in MODDB:
ChriZathens

Re: [RC] Add Homepage link in header v.1.0.7

Post by ChriZathens »

Just updated first post with version 1.0.7. Read that post for more info.. :)
My mods in MODDB:
Mircea007

Post by Mircea007 »

why is the coding in a different language ?
Flash Games like you never seen before
ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens »

What do you mean? :?
My mods in MODDB:
ChriZathens

Re: [RC] Add Homepage link in header v.1.0.8

Post by ChriZathens »

Mod updated to version 1.0.8 :)
My mods in MODDB:
ChriZathens

Re: [RC] Add Homepage link in header v.1.0.8

Post by ChriZathens »

Mod updated to version 1.0.9 :)
My mods in MODDB:
Ahri89

Re: [RC] Add Homepage link in header v.1.0.9

Post by Ahri89 »

You are fast updating the mod :P
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens »

Well, I had some free time this last week... :P
Actually, the last two versions are minor corrections in order to get it validated. In fact minor changes from 1.0.8 to 1.0.9 where not even absolutely mandatory in order for the mod to get validated. Perhaps this version (1.0.9) will be the last update for this mod (at least for this phpbb version) since it is as complete as it can get IMO..
Unless someone has any feature requests that I haven't think of and I can implement... ;)
My mods in MODDB:
SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR »

ChriZathens wrote:Well, I had some free time this last week... :P
Actually, the last two versions are minor corrections in order to get it validated. In fact minor changes from 1.0.8 to 1.0.9 where not even absolutely mandatory in order for the mod to get validated. Perhaps this version (1.0.9) will be the last update for this mod (at least for this phpbb version) since it is as complete as it can get IMO..
Unless someone has any feature requests that I haven't think of and I can implement... ;)
for version 1.0.7 to 1.0.9 are there any changes aside from re-uploading the files?

It would be a good idea to make an update file for each version. Simple MOD but some users may get confused.
ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens »

No, to update from 1.0.7 to 1.0.9 you don't really need to do anything.. ;)
The only difference is that the install instructions in 1.0.7 in the sql part has:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES ('show_homepage', '0', 0);
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES ('show_homepage_in_new', '0', 0);
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES ('homepage_url', 'http://www.your_own_site.com', 0);
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES ('homepage_title', 'Your homepage title', 0);
while 1.0.9 has:

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('show_homepage', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('show_homepage_in_new', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('homepage_url', 'http://www.your_own_site.com');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('homepage_title', 'Your homepage title');
You see that the only difference is that in 1.0.9 instructions the backticks have been removed and the fields are no more declared as dynamic (which was not necessary).
So you don't really have to do anything, but if you want to be thorough you can simply drop those 4 values

DELETE FROM phpbb_config WHERE config_name = 'show_homepage';
DELETE FROM phpbb_config WHERE config_name = 'show_homepage_in_new';
DELETE FROM phpbb_config WHERE config_name = 'homepage_url';
DELETE FROM phpbb_config WHERE config_name = 'homepage_title';
and run the 1.0.9 sql query ...

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('show_homepage', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('show_homepage_in_new', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('homepage_url', 'http://www.your_own_site.com');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('homepage_title', 'Your homepage title');
Nothing more is needed in order to update from 1.0.7 to 1.0.9, that's why I did not create update instructions in the first place - there were only minor differences in order to get the mod validated ;)
My mods in MODDB:

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”