[BETA] Forum (phpbb3) with bot response (ALICE & Hal9000)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
muggins
Name: Donovan

Re: [BETA] Forum (phpbb3) with bot response (ALICE & Hal9000)

Post by muggins » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:56 pm

Yessir, thank you!
Muggins

Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:26 am

muggins wrote:Yessir, thank you!
The link is updated aslo that I posted with the correct SQL that you posted. :D

How do I get my user/bot to respond to a post? I am trying to configure Hal9000 only in the ACP. I have the Bot name set, I also have the user ID number of my user/bot set and everything set to NO (Not really sure what the they all mean or the function is. The disable bot one is set to know. That one is a given I think. lol) and down on the bottom I have the forum target set to the forum ID number for the bot to post in and Enable Form (Guessing it should be forum) set to Yes. I dont know what any of the other stuff means or does. I am really lost here. I have been through this entire topic about 15 times and still scratching my head. lol

Also, How do I set the bot frequency? I notice it says 100= 23 hr/day,0 = 1 hr/day so how would I make it check say every 5, 10, or 20 min (and so on) for a post?

Sorry.... I just want this to even partially work so bad. :oops:

petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:09 am

Hippie459MN wrote:
muggins wrote:Yessir, thank you!
The link is updated aslo that I posted with the correct SQL that you posted. :D

How do I get my user/bot to respond to a post? I am trying to configure Hal9000 only in the ACP. I have the Bot name set, I also have the user ID number of my user/bot set and everything set to NO (Not really sure what the they all mean or the function is. The disable bot one is set to know. That one is a given I think. lol) and down on the bottom I have the forum target set to the forum ID number for the bot to post in and Enable Form (Guessing it should be forum) set to Yes. I dont know what any of the other stuff means or does. I am really lost here. I have been through this entire topic about 15 times and still scratching my head. lol

Also, How do I set the bot frequency? I notice it says 100= 23 hr/day,0 = 1 hr/day so how would I make it check say every 5, 10, or 20 min (and so on) for a post?

Sorry.... I just want this to even partially work so bad. :oops:

I appreciate your contribution in this mod. i will add you modx file in my site, could be a good to create a "mechanism" in order to update the mod and instruction in two site(your site and my site), because people could be confused having two site with diferent version.

i am sure the communite will love this mod. They wait 7 year for get bots in phpbb3 forum. ;).

If you want to get a bot's reply, you dont need to set nothing in the ACP.

you asked for "trigger by message", you can see the script in this thread. (you need to be register user)

and you can see the result in this thread

You can notice that the bots responded only when the program find specific words, in this case "hi everyone" or "Introducing Me" only in one specific forum and with delay. I like it. :).

It works very well, but I dont like the form how the program checks the posts. The posts are checked 10 by 10 each time you get the index.php. this sentence do that.

include($phpbb_root_path . 'ai/bot_ai.php');

the bots use this (100= 23 hr/day,0 = 1) in order to response your post(with delay, because the bots have a schedule) and i will use in order to show which bots are online :).

:ugeek:

PS: You dont need user ID number, because the program find it with the name of the bot. in the line 1030 (posting_bot.php) you can see the instruction that do that.
$sql = 'SELECT user_id FROM ' . USERS_TABLE . ' WHERE username_clean = ' . "'" . $db->sql_escape(utf8.......

Hangman1

Post by Hangman1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:15 pm

Gona need some help with this one tbh :(
I really would like to try this out but im getting issue after issue and I feel im just chassing my own ass :(

My test board here has issues showing up in the header after installing the script.
Im also having trouble installing programe-v.09, everything its asked me to do manualy iv done but when going to the files to start loading up the bot to the DB i get more errors.

Any advice on where/what to do here?
Am i using the correct bot for the job?

Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:16 pm

Hangman1 wrote:Gona need some help with this one tbh :(
I really would like to try this out but im getting issue after issue and I feel im just chassing my own ass :(

My test board here has issues showing up in the header after installing the script.
Im also having trouble installing programe-v.09, everything its asked me to do manualy iv done but when going to the files to start loading up the bot to the DB i get more errors.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 277: include(./ai/bot_ai.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Not a directory
Looks like you forgot to upload some files. Download this one in this post. The entire file structure and the install file opens correctly.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p11092045

Hope that helps. I to am having a heck of a time with this mod. I hope to get some decent instructions written once I figure it all out. With the help of the mod author of course if he would like. ;)

petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:26 am

Hippie459MN wrote:
Hangman1 wrote:Gona need some help with this one tbh :(

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 277: include(./ai/bot_ai.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Not a directory
Looks like you forgot to upload some files. Download this one in this post. The entire file structure and the install file opens correctly.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p11092045

Hope that helps. I to am having a heck of a time with this mod. I hope to get some decent instructions written once I figure it all out. With the help of the mod author of course if he would like. ;)
I really appreciate your help in writing the instructions for this mod. :D

Friends, you do not know what big this mod has grown, but the installation is as simple as now. I am sure, you will love this mod. :shock:

I dont know if i would say it, but in this sentence that you asked, i had been changed the form how program call the bot_ai.php script. In this moment, i activate the cron for this script. I just test it right now. I thing it is the best way.

Hangman1

Post by Hangman1 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:40 pm

Got this working first time last night so thank you very much Hippie459MN.

One question for ya though, is it possible just to let the bots auto answer rather than have to choose which bots you want to answer your questions?
This would make things more "life like" imho

Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:18 pm

Hangman1 wrote:Got this working first time last night so thank you very much Hippie459MN.

One question for ya though, is it possible just to let the bots auto answer rather than have to choose which bots you want to answer your questions?
This would make things more "life like" imho
Glad I could help and I sent you a PM. :)

petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:57 am

Hi

For people who use Hal9000 into their forum.

When you ask "what is {expression}?", hal9000 could responses with a youtube video. In order that video displayed properly on your forum, you need to add some lines .

in the file ai/libraryfunction.php (after the line 406 $alissa_re = htmlentities($alissa_re); )

Add thoose 3 lines.

$alissa_re = str_replace('<','<',$alissa_re);
$alissa_re = str_replace('>','>',$alissa_re);
$alissa_re = str_replace('"','"',$alissa_re);

If you are not good in php, or you dont understand it, dont do it. The version 0.4.0 will bring thoose lines.

PD: if you are good in php, you understand the change, and you can replace with only one line with array replace. :D

nogame

Post by nogame » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:13 am

Hello
If i don't want my users to have to choose the option for the bot to respond. Is there a way to set it up so they don't have to select for the bot to respond?

petrocad3d

Post by petrocad3d » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:41 am

nogame wrote:Hello
If i don't want my users to have to choose the option for the bot to respond. Is there a way to set it up so they don't have to select for the bot to respond?
Hi

I always review the thread on Sunday.

Yes, actually, by default the users dont have to choose that options, unless you set it in the ACP. :). In my forum, this option was activated by the admin. 8-)

i will update modbot soon(no too soon, but soon). :)

gameaholica

Re: [BETA] Forum (phpbb3) with bot response (ALICE & Hal9000

Post by gameaholica » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:10 am

been a while since an update.. is this still active or abandoned?

I am really interested as several mentioned here.

Lastpost

Post by Lastpost » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:58 am

I am not sure if you are still working on it but I just wanted to say that's the mod is working brilliant.
(Latest phpbb version)

The only thing I had to figure out was the reasing why I got a timeout (server error) when posting a message which should be answered by the mod.
In my case the error disappeared when I set the bot frequency to 300 in stead of 100.

But a great mod it is. :D

Lastpost

Post by Lastpost » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:22 am

First things that I came up with:
  • When you close/end the post with a smilie, it gives you a random (*) answer, but it shows 5 times, you would say it would make sense to ignore the smilies.
    Same thing when only entering a smilie.
  • It is not picking up the THAT-statements and doesn't gets the LEARNING feature.
And can you tell me why it's going for option A instead of B?
Example:
The question is, Which soccerclub?
It goes for the following statement:

<category>
<pattern>WHICH *</pattern>
<template>
The
<random>
<li>big one </li>
<li>red </li>
</random> I guess.
</template>
</category>
I've also got the following in the database:

<category>
<pattern>* SOCCERCLUB</pattern>
<template>
I like Barca, If you had to choose, would you pick Barca of Real?
</template>
</category>
But it picks the first, why is that?

And this is my THAT-part, which don't work.

<category>
<pattern>_</pattern>
<that>BARCA OR REAL</that>
<template>
<think><set name='qar'><norm><star/></norm></set></think>
<condition>
<li name='qar' value='REAL'>We are done talking now</li>
<li name='qar' value='BARCA'>Cool</li>
<li name='qar' value='REAL *'>We are done talking now</li>
<li name='qar' value='BARCA *'>Cool</li>
<li name='qar' value='* REAL'>We are done talking now</li>
<li name='qar' value='* BARCA'>Cool</li>
<li>Don't change the subject, choose one of those!</li>
</condition>
</template>
</category>
I hope anyone can help me with that.

Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:41 pm

I tried to install this and could never get it working. Im sure I was doing it all wrong but I gave up on it. Good idea though.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”