[MODDB] Topic Multi-Moderation & Topic Prefixes

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
nkn

Re: [1.0.0 - RC4] Topic Multi-Moderation & Topic Prefixes

Post by nkn »

I have tried to install this mod the past few days. And I have had a lot of problems, mostly because I didn't understand what the problem was to start with.

The bad news is: TMM doesn't work with rokbridge, a joomla-phpbb bridge.
If anyone has TMM working with rokbridge or any other joomla-phpbb bridge, I'm very interested in how you managed to get it working.

I tried installing the mod with automod. And because automod also has some problems with rokbridge,
I messed up. The automod problems with rokbridge can be avoided by not using the bridged path (in my case http://domain/forum) but the unbridged path (in my case http://domain/distribution).

After I cleaned up my phpbb install, and solved my automod problems, I installed TMM again, but came to the conclusion that TMM and rokbridge are not working together.

I hope someone is going to solve my TMM and rokbridge problem.
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

Hi nkn,
I am not familiar with rokbridge, and I'm currently too busy to look into it. However, when I get some more time I might be able to figure out what the problem is and possibly how to make the MOD work with it.
Sorry that it doesn't work for you, but thanks for trying and letting us know.

@Bolfrey and richazey: Currently no demo is set up and I have not taken the time to take any screen shots. I'll try to do at least one or the other (if not both) this weekend when I get a chance).

Here is an example of how a couple of different topics with topic prefix(es) might look. There is support for multiple prefixes, and support for tokens {DATE} and {USERNAME}, which are replaced with the date (mm/dd, iirc, but it can be changed in the functions_tmm.php file, apply_prefix_instance() method where the date() function is called) and the username of the user who applied the prefix, respectively.
Attention: Example Topic
[RESOLVED] Important: A second example
Posted by imkingdavid on 06/03 A final example
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
nkn

Post by nkn »

Thx David,

if you can find time to look into my problem, I'll be grateful.

I will try and dig a little deeper, and try to pinpoint the problem a little further.
Ratmaster

Post by Ratmaster »

Hi, I just installed this MOD as it looks rather promising.

Right now I'm having two problems.

The first problem is the least annoying of the two. It starts when I try and post a new topic in a forum, and this is when there are currently no prefixes defined on the site yet (I don't know if this is just when there are none set for the forum, but I had none on the website at all). I don't know whether or not this error would prevent one from posting that topic, because I did not try that. What I did do was then create a tag and set it for that forum in particular, and the error disappeared, and the thread was posted.

The error was in the includes/mods/functions_tmm.php file on line 576. I believe it was something about a foreach() method.

The second problem is more annoying as I couldn't find out how to fix this. When I try to view a topic, I just get a blank page with the error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class tmm_cache in /home/-----/----/includes/mods/functions_tmm_cache.php  on line 115
All that is on that line is a "}".

I am using the RC4, and my phpBB3 version is 3.0.7-PL1.
I am trying to integrate this in a subsilver2 based style, but I don't see how that could be the problem. The viewtopic_body.html file is fixed and it should work fine. The reason I say "should" is because I can't know for sure because I cannot actually view the topic.

Thanks, and I look forward to the final release of this MOD. :)
Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

Ratmaster wrote:The second problem is more annoying as I couldn't find out how to fix this. When I try to view a topic, I just get a blank page with the error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class tmm_cache in /home/-----/----/includes/mods/functions_tmm_cache.php  on line 115
Not a very nice error I know but try purging your boards cache and refresh your templates, and that should get rid of that error for you.
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ PurephpBB Founder ]
nkn

Post by nkn »

imkingdavid wrote:Hi nkn,
I am not familiar with rokbridge, and I'm currently too busy to look into it. However, when I get some more time I might be able to figure out what the problem is and possibly how to make the MOD work with it.
Because we had more problems with RockBridge, we decided to use RokBridge only for the synchronisation of users and login state. And not for viewing the forum. This as a permanent work around for us, and should fix all problems we have with TMM.
We will implement this in the comming week (probably)
imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

nkn wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:Hi nkn,
Because we had more problems with RockBridge, we decided to use RokBridge only for the synchronisation of users and login state. And not for viewing the forum. This as a permanent work around for us, and should fix all problems we have with TMM.
We will implement this in the comming week (probably)
Alright, let me know how it works when you do so. Thanks :)
Ratmaster wrote:Hi, I just installed this MOD as it looks rather promising.

Right now I'm having two problems.

The first problem is the least annoying of the two. It starts when I try and post a new topic in a forum, and this is when there are currently no prefixes defined on the site yet (I don't know if this is just when there are none set for the forum, but I had none on the website at all). I don't know whether or not this error would prevent one from posting that topic, because I did not try that. What I did do was then create a tag and set it for that forum in particular, and the error disappeared, and the thread was posted.

The error was in the includes/mods/functions_tmm.php file on line 576. I believe it was something about a foreach() method.
Hmmm... thanks for letting me know. Believe it or not, I had not thought to test posting when there were no multi-mods. I'll work on a fix for that.
Ratmaster wrote:The second problem is more annoying as I couldn't find out how to fix this. When I try to view a topic, I just get a blank page with the error:

That's an odd error. Apparently, the file functions_tmm_cache.php is being included into the script twice somewhere, specifically on viewtopic.php, where you're getting the error. However, I don't see where that is happening. Please try clearing the cache and let me know if the error goes away. I'll continue looking into it though.
Ratmaster wrote:I am using the RC4, and my phpBB3 version is 3.0.7-PL1.
I am trying to integrate this in a subsilver2 based style, but I don't see how that could be the problem. The viewtopic_body.html file is fixed and it should work fine. The reason I say "should" is because I can't know for sure because I cannot actually view the topic.
The error should have nothing to do with the style you are using, since the error comes from the PHP code, not the HTML code.
By the way, if you do get the subSIlver2 edits working, would you be willing to share them here? If not that's fine, but if so I will give credit in the install.xml file and such and you will make a few people that use subSilver2 styles happy. I just don't have to the time to figure out those edits myself.
Ratmaster wrote:Thanks, and I look forward to the final release of this MOD. :)
You're welcome, and I look forward to it as well.
imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

Alright, here's the quick fix for the first of the two problems Ratmaster pointed out.

Open: includes/mods/functions_tmm.php
Find: (around line 576)

foreach(self::$prefixes_cache AS $prefix_id) 
Before, Add: (On a new line above the line you are supposed to Find, insert the following code)

self::$prefixes_cache = (empty(self::$prefixes_cache)) ? array(0) : self::$prefixes_cache; 
Fix included in latest revision in the Git repository, will be included in RC5.

Now to fix that second issue you mentioned.
Ratmaster

Post by Ratmaster »

I've looked into the viewtopic.php file and I couldn't find anything wrong with the code inserted. I tried refreshing my templates and purging the cache but neither seemed to have solved the problem.

As far as posting the subsilver2 edits, I could when I finish, but as of right now my edits are just botched to make everything show up. If I can get the edits to show up smoothly, I'll post the changes I have made.
imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

Ratmaster wrote:I've looked into the viewtopic.php file and I couldn't find anything wrong with the code inserted. I tried refreshing my templates and purging the cache but neither seemed to have solved the problem.

As far as posting the subsilver2 edits, I could when I finish, but as of right now my edits are just botched to make everything show up. If I can get the edits to show up smoothly, I'll post the changes I have made.
Hmm, ok. Well, I can't make heads or tails of why the error is showing up. So far, no other user has reported a similar error. Could you try it with proSilver (if you have it installed) to see if it is somehow a style error (although I can't imagine how that would be the case)?

And yeah, it's up to you if you want to release the subSilver edits. If you do it would be appreciated. If you don't I may or may not get around to it myself. :)
Ratmaster

Post by Ratmaster »

I tried prosilver, no different results. I'm going to go through the edits and make sure that I didn't screw anything up.

I'm using a darker colored subsilver2-based theme, so the black letters for the tags aren't showing up so well. I'm going to put it in a different font class and see if that works. Everything else seems to be working fine, but I still have to convert the other two template files. I'll post them when I'm sure everything looks OK.
imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

Alright, thanks for working with me on this. Hopefully we can figure out what the issue is and then fix it. :)
mao43

Post by mao43 »

is this working on 3.0.7-PL1??
Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

mao43 wrote:is this working on 3.0.7-PL1??
I have it working on 3.0.7-PL1 ;)
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ PurephpBB Founder ]
imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

mao43 wrote:is this working on 3.0.7-PL1??
Yes, it should work fine for most people. There is one bug that was just recently fixed in the repository, but it only occurs when trying to start a new topic when no prefixes are created. So as long as you create a prefix (even if it's just a placeholder that is not assigned to any forums or users or anything) it won't bother you. All of the multi-moderation functions work fine as well.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”