[MODDB] Topic Multi-Moderation & Topic Prefixes

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
G3n3s!s

Re: [1.0.0 - RC4] Topic Multi-Moderation & Topic Prefixes

Post by G3n3s!s »

Hey will this working with 3.0.5 ? Bcz I get some errors :cry:

thx4reply
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

G3n3s!s wrote:Hey will this working with 3.0.5 ? Bcz I get some errors :cry:

thx4reply
I have not tested this in 3.0.5, nor will I support it fully for boards that use 3.0.5. There may be some features utilized in this MOD that have changed between 3.0.5 and 3.0.7-PL1.

Please update your board to the latest version. Also, please let me know what errors you are getting. Telling me simply that you got errors does not help me at all.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
G3n3s!s

Post by G3n3s!s »

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tmm_open() (previously declared in /data/www/virtuals/---/html/__/includes/hooks/hook_tmm.php:22) in /data/www/virtuals/warez-net/html/__/includes/hooks/hook_tmm.php on line 33
how to fix it ?:(

(its my second board, phpbb 3.0.7 PL-1)
G3n3s!s

Post by G3n3s!s »

btw i had to add
require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/hooks/hook_tmm.' . $phpEx);
in common.php
imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

You should not have to add that require()... hooks are included automatically by phpBB.

Try removing it and clearing your board's cache.

EDIT: Time for lunch, let me know if that works, and I'll help you when I get back.
G3n3s!s

Post by G3n3s!s »

solved

but i dont see anything

(in my phpbb3.0.5 i saw new tab ... )
G3n3s!s

Post by G3n3s!s »

ok so it works in viewtopic, i can moderate it but when i go to MCP it dont appear, but i have it enabled in MCP

imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

The module is not supposed to show up in the mcp except when you are applying a multi-mod. It is supposed to not show up any other time.

Glad you got it working.
G3n3s!s

Post by G3n3s!s »

and what about this? Its my 1st (3.0.5) forum

imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

G3n3s!s wrote:and what about this? Its my 1st (3.0.5) forum

Did you apply the edit in the mcp files? I don't remember which one, but one of them is supposed to keep the module from being displayed.
imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Re: [1.0.0 - RC5] Topic Multi-Moderation & Topic Prefixes

Post by imkingdavid »

MOD Updated to 1.0.0 RC5

Changes from RC4 to RC5:
[fix] spelling issue in language variable in ACP multi-mods add/edit page title (thanks Callum95)
[fix] error displayed on posting screen when no prefixes have been created (thanks Ratmaster)

Update instructions in contrib/ folder. There are no file edits and three file overwrites.

Important information, and download/repository links in first post.

Please report any bugs or suggestions either here or on the Official Support Forum.
Ratmaster

Post by Ratmaster »

Well, I have good news.

I had found another error, something about not being able to redeclare a function, so I got a bit annoyed and removed all the forum files so I had my templates, my images, and my config file. I left the database alone and I uploaded new phpBB3 files. I did the edits over again (I used something similar to AutoMOD, but not that) both times, and this time the error seems to have disappeared.

Edit :: This appears to still make me unable to access this MOD installer. Oh well, I'll just use AutoMOD.

More Important Edit :: The Skype Mod is not compatible with this MOD it seems. This is what was causing my first error on the viewtopic.php page.
Another Edit :: When I remove this code:

Code: Select all

$user->setup('mods/skype');
from the viewtopic.php page, the error is gone, and everything seems normal...But as of right now, I don't know what other errors removing this may have caused for the Skype Mod...

I'm going to fix up the subsilver2 template edits and post them.
I have a quick question though. Did you define any default style color for the tag? I know you are supposed to be able to change its color, but it seems as if it always shows up black, which for me makes it hard to read. Is it possible to make the default color that of the color of the link for the topic?

Thanks.
amplifiedshock

Post by amplifiedshock »

Hi imkingdavid!

I have been keeping tabs on this thread for a while now (thanks again for all the frequent updates!) and I have finally gotten around to installing it.

It's working perfectly with my phpBB 3.0.6 forums and I'll let you know if I stumble upon any bugs!

One suggestion: is it possible to make prefixes required for certain forums? I think that would be really useful :D
imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

Ratmaster wrote:Edit :: This appears to still make me unable to access this MOD installer. Oh well, I'll just use AutoMOD.
This MOD is designed for use with AutoMOD or manual installation... can't really help you much on that aspect if you use other installers.
Ratmaster wrote:More Important Edit :: The Skype Mod is not compatible with this MOD it seems. This is what was causing my first error on the viewtopic.php page.
Another Edit :: When I remove this code:

from the viewtopic.php page, the error is gone, and everything seems normal...But as of right now, I don't know what other errors removing this may have caused for the Skype Mod...
Hmm... try changing:

to

$user->setup();
$user->add_lang('mods/skype'); 
The first argument of user::setup() basically does the same thing as user::add_lang() but it theoretically lets you just have the most important language file included automatically with the user::setup() method.
I'm not sure why this would conflict, but just try that and see if it works. If not I'll need to look a little more into it.
Ratmaster wrote:I'm going to fix up the subsilver2 template edits and post them.
I have a quick question though. Did you define any default style color for the tag? I know you are supposed to be able to change its color, but it seems as if it always shows up black, which for me makes it hard to read. Is it possible to make the default color that of the color of the link for the topic?

Thanks.
Does it show up black when you give it a color in the ACP?
As for if you don't give it a color, I don't believe I ever actually gave it a default color anywhere. However, I think that if no color is given, the CSS automatically assumes it's black. I'll have a look tomorrow to see about adding a default prefix color setting or something. I'm just not sure where I'd put the setting. :lol:
amplifiedshock wrote:Hi imkingdavid!

I have been keeping tabs on this thread for a while now (thanks again for all the frequent updates!) and I have finally gotten around to installing it.

It's working perfectly with my phpBB 3.0.6 forums and I'll let you know if I stumble upon any bugs!

One suggestion: is it possible to make prefixes required for certain forums? I think that would be really useful :D
I'll take that into consideration but I don't think it will be added in the 1.0.0 release (whenever that may arrive).

But just to make sure, what you're wanting is a new setting in the forum add/edit screen to make adding a prefix to new topics required? That shouldn't be too difficult to implement, although there are some potential catch-22 scenarios I can think of (such as requiring a prefix in a forum for which no prefixes have been created, and things like that).
Or do you want it to automatically add a certain prefix to all new topics?

Or would both be a good idea? :D

Thanks for the support. :)
callumacrae
Former Team Member
Name: Callum Macrae

Post by callumacrae »

imkingdavid wrote:[fix] spelling issue in language variable in ACP multi-mods add/edit page title (thanks Callum95)
No problem, thanks for the MOD :)

~Callum
macr.ae = my website. you probably won't like it.
Proud user ofProud user of

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”