Modification Description: This MOD adds social networking features to the forum (see below for more info)
Modification Version: 0.1.0
phpBB Version: 3.0.4
- Adds a "thumblog" to each user's profile.
- Users can post a "status", photo, youtube video, quote or link (all but status with an optional caption)
- The user's status is also displayed in the viewtopic and pm pages, underneath their usernames
- Each user can also add and update photo albums
- Other members can vote (like) on a profile post, or comment
- Each user can control (ie. delete) comments to their own profile, as well as their own profile posts
- Permission can be given to admins/moderators to delete profile posts and comments
- Requires installation of "display friend list" mod to display a friends list on the profile and page
- Requires installation of "friend request approval" mod in order to make the "becoming friends" option mutual and synchronised
- Requires installation of "simple profile comments" mod to allow users to send messages (comments) to each other's profiles
- Requires installation of "profile views list" mod to display the number of profile views of each user, and latest profile visitors (although i personally removed the last option from my forum as i believe it would decrease profile views.
- "news feed" page where we can see all member's updates
- a "notifications" page where you are notified of any new activity (comments/votes) on your profile posts
- To make the new format coherent in all forum pages, members can now also vote on posts in the viewtopic page
- a "notifications" page will also be available for the forum votes you receive
- the "rank" system is also altered, since now many different actions can occur within the forum - users gets "value points" according to action - forum posting, profile posting, voting, commenting, creating a photo album - rank is now decided depending on the amount of value points rather than on the amount of forum posts.
- when a post receives many positive votes, the poster automatically gets awarded some points
- users also receive points for just reading a topic - feature implemented in an effort to engage and encourage lurkers to participate
- points can be manually given to a user by forum moderators, for actions that the system cannot determine
- in the same manner, points can be reduced for bad behaviour