[ALPHA] Social profiles 0.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Peter77sx

Re: [ALPHA] Social profiles 0.1.0

Post by Peter77sx » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:26 am

I'm going to test this out on 3.0.6R4 and give any feedback i may have.

Hope you got your computer fixed okay. :)

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:21 pm

Hello, with IE8 the Jquery does not show the entry to create new album when I select it. This also happens on your site. works ok with FF tho... and when I do creat an album with FF, it creates double albums of the same name.

The comment to videos and quotes do work fine if that helps.

:edit:

Can't seem to delete albums... not even from phpmyadmin, why? :) I'm hoping we will be able to in the next version. :)

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:31 am

Been doing some testing on 3.0.6 and everything seems to be going smoothly. I really like the whole "Tumblog" deal. after installing it on my test board, I realised it was better then i thought it would be-- overall.

I don't know what to do with the points tho.. since I kinda had another mod in mind for point giving. unless you decide to use Adrian's shop mod, then that would be great. otherwise, I really do like the idea of voting on a poll or topic and everything in the Tumblog. it really does give that it all 'works together'. :)

Also, does the profile feedback notice ever go away? :P

Hope you got your computer back!

rayminator
Name: raymond green

Post by rayminator » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:12 am

i don't know how you input this

open includes/functions.php

Code: Select all

Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

'U_COMMENTS'   => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx", 'mode=viewprofile&u='.$user->data['user_id'].'#comment'),

Replace With
Tip: Replace the preceding line(s) to find with the following lines.

'U_COMMENTS'   => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx", 'mode=viewprofile&profile_view=comments&u='.$user->data['user_id'].'#comment'),

when it's no in includes/functions.php ?

that's in both 3.0.5 and 3.0.6

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:34 am

rayminator, that's part of the simple comments mod that is why you can not find it. :)

You have to install, at least, the first 3 mods mentioned in the 1st post of this thread.

rayminator
Name: raymond green

Post by rayminator » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:44 pm

Peter77sx wrote:rayminator, that's part of the simple comments mod that is why you can not find it. :)

You have to install, at least, the first 3 mods mentioned in the 1st post of this thread.
ok thanks

edit: when will this be in beta mode?

a_n_n_a_m

Post by a_n_n_a_m » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:33 pm

Peter77sx wrote:Hello, with IE8 the Jquery does not show the entry to create new album when I select it. This also happens on your site. works ok with FF tho...
I have no idea why it does that :?
Peter77sx wrote:Can't seem to delete albums... not even from phpmyadmin, why? :) I'm hoping we will be able to in the next version. :)
yep you can't at the moment.. its a simple enough addition though, i'll add it for the next release

Peter77sx wrote: I don't know what to do with the points tho.. since I kinda had another mod in mind for point giving. unless you decide to use Adrian's shop mod, then that would be great. otherwise, I really do like the idea of voting on a poll or topic and everything in the Tumblog. it really does give that it all 'works together'. :)

I get requests to integrate with a lot of points mod, so i probably wont pick any of them.. i think i'll just add an option of disabling value points!

you can "Mark feedback as read" ;)

I got my computer back (replaced motherboard) and 20 days later it's having the same problem :cry:

Greyhound76

Post by Greyhound76 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:45 am

Hi,

this is a great mod, even though the installation took longer than 30 minutes.^^
However, I now get an error message when I click on a profile:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /www/htdocs/xxxxxx/phpBB3/cache/tpl_Attriuum_memberlist_view.html.php on line 111
Moreover, the ranks have disappeared in the contributions and when I go to a post on the forum or send it to the pages change, then the style seems to switched (sorry, do not know how to express it otherwise).

At the top it is you make yourself a picture of it: http://www.freaxxx.net

Nick: phpBB
Pass: 123456

Sorry for my bad english and thank you for your help, Greyhound

daggo

Post by daggo » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:41 am

has anyone been able to installed this on a subsilver 2 template??

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:38 am

a_n_n_a_m wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:Hello, with IE8 the Jquery does not show the entry to create new album when I select it. This also happens on your site. works ok with FF tho...
I have no idea why it does that :?
That's okay. for now, I took the option outside of the Jquery div and just have it show up. Made sure to add noticiable notice about only fill this in if your creating an album! :P
a_n_n_a_m wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:Can't seem to delete albums... not even from phpmyadmin, why? :) I'm hoping we will be able to in the next version. :)
yep you can't at the moment.. its a simple enough addition though, i'll add it for the next release
Sounds Great =)

a_n_n_a_m wrote:
Peter77sx wrote: I don't know what to do with the points tho.. since I kinda had another mod in mind for point giving. unless you decide to use Adrian's shop mod, then that would be great. otherwise, I really do like the idea of voting on a poll or topic and everything in the Tumblog. it really does give that it all 'works together'. :)

I get requests to integrate with a lot of points mod, so i probably wont pick any of them.. i think i'll just add an option of disabling value points!

you can "Mark feedback as read" ;)

I got my computer back (replaced motherboard) and 20 days later it's having the same problem :cry:

I get requests to integrate with a lot of points mod, so i probably wont pick any of them
:lol: fair enough! disabling value points as an option is a cool idea. if something could be done with the points, that would be a nice feature to have. simple shop.. like buy a "nudge" ( send a nudge ), a smiley face? etc.

Sorry about your computer. maybe it's the harddrive... make a backup of all your work pls!! :D
Great job on this, really.. I can not wait to see whats new in the next release. wish i was php and PS savvy so that I could help out even a little with this project. speaking of PhotoShop, I have request maybe an idea... to have different image sets to choose from. I'm requesting something kinda smaller like our quotes and edit on prosilver theme... that type of small.

The current ones are kinda bulky, but better then what I can come up with. :)

usenet2you

Post by usenet2you » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:24 am

When are you going to release the subsilver2 edits?

daggo

Post by daggo » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:48 am

yer cant wait to install it with subsilver 2 :)

--Phoenix--

Post by --Phoenix-- » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi
it is possible to allow only a specific group of users to create its personal page?

jh0nny

Post by jh0nny » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:07 am

I'm hoping this mod will stay in development because it's great.
I'm using it on my test board for a while and had some problems and/or stuff that was missing in my opinion, so this is what I fixed in the meanwhile.
  • Users and admins can delete their albums including the pictures (not in UCP, just in profile).
  • An option to delete all albums at the same time.
  • Edited the thumblog sidebar (right) on profiles so the album will not be displayed, instead it explains why they can't find the album update.
  • Fixed the part in UCP where the album cannot be created in Chrome, IE8 and maybe some other browsers by auto displaying the form.
  • Automaticly showing a "No images"-image in the album overview (profile block and show all albums) if the created albums don't contain any.
  • Newly created albums without any pics will not be displayed in the right sidebar, but will be inserted in the database table of the thumblog posts (so they can update).
But now I have a question for the mod author, I'm trying to automaticly delete the thumblog posts (the right sidebar stuff) which are the same as the album I delete.
So if I delete album id 4 with the name "Test", I want all the thumblog posts about that album (Test) to be deleted but I can't seem to make that work.
Tried it in ucp_thumblog.php

I tried two versions, first one (When a new album will be created, put the album_id into the posts table):
- Added a field to the posts table with the name album_id and tried some things to insert the album_id of the album I will create (new one), I just can't seem to get the variable $album_id to work or it gives me a vallue of "new" in the field. :lol:

The other thing I tried was (When deleting the album(s) selected, using memberlist.php):
When I delete the album, use a query to delete the posts (profile posts table) which have the same text (field) vallue as the variable $album_name, but somehow I don't get that to work either.

Do you, or anyone else that's reading this, have a solution to it? :)
:: Sex is just like software, it's better when it's free ::

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:44 am

Happy New year :) - I hope you have not given up on this great work.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”