[RC] mChat New version

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Locked
kanjy
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by kanjy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:23 pm

i have installed this MCHAT New version, its installed successfully
but i am facing a problem
in Admin control panel, .MODs, when i click on MCHAT -- Configuration then it display me this error

Image

kindly SOLVE THIS PROB.

absolutex
Registered User
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by absolutex » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:32 pm

nice mod

farazhamzaa
Registered User
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by farazhamzaa » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Realy a GOOD MOD

THANX
Last edited by farazhamzaa on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeroen B
Registered User
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:23 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Jeroen

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by Jeroen B » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:14 pm

You forgot to do the SQL changes.
Jeroen • My modifications

pat_1
Registered User
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by pat_1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:14 pm

must be executed mchat_install.php

zezi
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by zezi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:55 pm

hey nice mode..but i'm pretty new here and i know totally nothing about how to install this mod..i just got a new phpBB board with no mod installed...i don't have the previous version of this mod..need your professional help..have read through all the mod installation explanation but i don't seem to know where to start! :oops:

i would be glad if i could get a step by step method on how i can install this mod from the very beginning with detail as i know nothing about the files and database?...i have a 3.0.5 board. :idea:

someone please explain to me like am a 5year old :?

i really need urgent help

thanks

stokerpiller
Registered User
Posts: 1934
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:06 pm

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by stokerpiller » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:29 am

zezi wrote:hey nice mode..but i'm pretty new here and i know totally nothing about how to install this mod..i just got a new phpBB board with no mod installed...i don't have the previous version of this mod..need your professional help..have read through all the mod installation explanation but i don't seem to know where to start! :oops:

i would be glad if i could get a step by step method on how i can install this mod from the very beginning with detail as i know nothing about the files and database?...i have a 3.0.5 board. :idea:

someone please explain to me like am a 5year old :?

i really need urgent help

thanks
There is a nice guide here how to install a mod: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=724145
I am done with phpBB

zezi
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by zezi » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:30 am

tanx
stokerpiller wrote:
zezi wrote:hey nice mode..but i'm pretty new here and i know totally nothing about how to install this mod..i just got a new phpBB board with no mod installed...i don't have the previous version of this mod..need your professional help..have read through all the mod installation explanation but i don't seem to know where to start! :oops:

i would be glad if i could get a step by step method on how i can install this mod from the very beginning with detail as i know nothing about the files and database?...i have a 3.0.5 board. :idea:

someone please explain to me like am a 5year old :?

i really need urgent help

thanks
There is a nice guide here how to install a mod: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=724145
tanx but im still im confusion!
my ftp client?
my php root folder?
where can i find these please

pleases i need details!

tanx

stokerpiller
Registered User
Posts: 1934
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:06 pm

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by stokerpiller » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:34 am

Are you on a free forum host?
Do you have access to the files?
How did you install your board?
I am done with phpBB

zezi
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by zezi » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:26 am

its not a free forum

im hosted by www.topcities.com

my forum addresss is www.ipagesuncut.com

i really didnt do much in the activation of the site but i was given details to access my control panel, phpmyadmin and my acp on my board...

im a 5year old :oops: when it comes to programming language and all this hyper stuff you guys know so well

tanx

chessagf
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:32 am

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by chessagf » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:33 pm

great softwear .....

how can i remove the chat from the index page and just sustain the stand alone chat?
also,
i am using arabic based version, it is great, except for the fact that the tags <img><i><flash> ..etc flip to the right which cause them to be in wrong order and leads to non-functioning. any solution?

again, great MOD.

regards,
:)

User avatar
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 21034
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr
Contact:

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by RMcGirr83 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:59 pm

chessagf wrote:great softwear .....

how can i remove the chat from the index page and just sustain the stand alone chat?
OPEN

index.php

FIND

Code: Select all

// BEGIN mChat Mod
if(!defined('MCHAT_INCLUDE'))
{
	define('MCHAT_INCLUDE', true);
	$mchat_include_index = true;
	include($phpbb_root_path.'mchat.'.$phpEx);
}
// END mChat Mod
remove it

OPEN

styles/xxx/template/index-body.html

FIND

Code: Select all

<!-- IF U_MCHAT and S_MCHAT_LOCATION --><!-- INCLUDE mchat_body.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
remove it

FIND

Code: Select all

<!-- IF U_MCHAT and not S_MCHAT_LOCATION --><!-- INCLUDE mchat_body.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
remove it

refresh the template and that should do it.
Last edited by RMcGirr83 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

phlcop
Registered User
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:22 am

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by phlcop » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:46 am

This version is awesome!! Thank you the mod's authors for your great job.

Now, I have a few questions.

1) How can I add a link that will open up more smilies?
2) How can I line up the buttons next to the text box? And how can I move the phpBB3BBCodes.com link next to the sound check box?

Thanks a lot for your help!

User avatar
ameisez
Registered User
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:04 am

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by ameisez » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:30 am

zezi wrote: tanx but im still im confusion!
my ftp client?
my php root folder?
where can i find these please

pleases i need details!

tanx
FTP Client is typically what you should use to upload files on your server. I use filezilla and I recommend it.

PHPBB ROOT folder is where you installed your phpbb. Where your index.php reside.
PHPBB on HOSTGATOR SERVER. MY PERSONAL CHOICE ;)
Need phpBB images and buttons? HIRE ME
my MOD: BB3 Media Player | a phpbb based media player

User avatar
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 21034
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr
Contact:

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by RMcGirr83 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:01 pm

phlcop wrote:Now, I have a few questions.

1) How can I add a link that will open up more smilies?
Possibly in a future release
2) How can I line up the buttons next to the text box? And how can I move the phpBB3BBCodes.com link next to the sound check box?

Thanks a lot for your help!
I believe there is a solution already posted in this thread on how to do that. You just have to move the html in the mchat_body.html file around.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”