Page 18 of 38

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:23 pm
by kanjy
i have installed this MCHAT New version, its installed successfully
but i am facing a problem
in Admin control panel, .MODs, when i click on MCHAT -- Configuration then it display me this error

Image

kindly SOLVE THIS PROB.

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:32 pm
by absolutex
nice mod

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:11 pm
by farazhamzaa
Realy a GOOD MOD

THANX

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:14 pm
by Jeroen B
You forgot to do the SQL changes.

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:14 pm
by pat_1
must be executed mchat_install.php

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:55 pm
by zezi
hey nice mode..but i'm pretty new here and i know totally nothing about how to install this mod..i just got a new phpBB board with no mod installed...i don't have the previous version of this mod..need your professional help..have read through all the mod installation explanation but i don't seem to know where to start! :oops:

i would be glad if i could get a step by step method on how i can install this mod from the very beginning with detail as i know nothing about the files and database?...i have a 3.0.5 board. :idea:

someone please explain to me like am a 5year old :?

i really need urgent help

thanks

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:29 am
by stokerpiller
zezi wrote:hey nice mode..but i'm pretty new here and i know totally nothing about how to install this mod..i just got a new phpBB board with no mod installed...i don't have the previous version of this mod..need your professional help..have read through all the mod installation explanation but i don't seem to know where to start! :oops:

i would be glad if i could get a step by step method on how i can install this mod from the very beginning with detail as i know nothing about the files and database?...i have a 3.0.5 board. :idea:

someone please explain to me like am a 5year old :?

i really need urgent help

thanks
There is a nice guide here how to install a mod: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=724145

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:30 am
by zezi
tanx
stokerpiller wrote:
zezi wrote:hey nice mode..but i'm pretty new here and i know totally nothing about how to install this mod..i just got a new phpBB board with no mod installed...i don't have the previous version of this mod..need your professional help..have read through all the mod installation explanation but i don't seem to know where to start! :oops:

i would be glad if i could get a step by step method on how i can install this mod from the very beginning with detail as i know nothing about the files and database?...i have a 3.0.5 board. :idea:

someone please explain to me like am a 5year old :?

i really need urgent help

thanks
There is a nice guide here how to install a mod: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=724145
tanx but im still im confusion!
my ftp client?
my php root folder?
where can i find these please

pleases i need details!

tanx

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:34 am
by stokerpiller
Are you on a free forum host?
Do you have access to the files?
How did you install your board?

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:26 am
by zezi
its not a free forum

im hosted by www.topcities.com

my forum addresss is www.ipagesuncut.com

i really didnt do much in the activation of the site but i was given details to access my control panel, phpmyadmin and my acp on my board...

im a 5year old :oops: when it comes to programming language and all this hyper stuff you guys know so well

tanx

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:33 pm
by chessagf
great softwear .....

how can i remove the chat from the index page and just sustain the stand alone chat?
also,
i am using arabic based version, it is great, except for the fact that the tags <img><i><flash> ..etc flip to the right which cause them to be in wrong order and leads to non-functioning. any solution?

again, great MOD.

regards,
:)

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:59 pm
by RMcGirr83
chessagf wrote:great softwear .....

how can i remove the chat from the index page and just sustain the stand alone chat?
OPEN

index.php

FIND

Code: Select all

// BEGIN mChat Mod
if(!defined('MCHAT_INCLUDE'))
{
	define('MCHAT_INCLUDE', true);
	$mchat_include_index = true;
	include($phpbb_root_path.'mchat.'.$phpEx);
}
// END mChat Mod
remove it

OPEN

styles/xxx/template/index-body.html

FIND

Code: Select all

<!-- IF U_MCHAT and S_MCHAT_LOCATION --><!-- INCLUDE mchat_body.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
remove it

FIND

Code: Select all

<!-- IF U_MCHAT and not S_MCHAT_LOCATION --><!-- INCLUDE mchat_body.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
remove it

refresh the template and that should do it.

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:46 am
by phlcop
This version is awesome!! Thank you the mod's authors for your great job.

Now, I have a few questions.

1) How can I add a link that will open up more smilies?
2) How can I line up the buttons next to the text box? And how can I move the phpBB3BBCodes.com link next to the sound check box?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:30 am
by ameisez
zezi wrote: tanx but im still im confusion!
my ftp client?
my php root folder?
where can i find these please

pleases i need details!

tanx
FTP Client is typically what you should use to upload files on your server. I use filezilla and I recommend it.

PHPBB ROOT folder is where you installed your phpbb. Where your index.php reside.

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:01 pm
by RMcGirr83
phlcop wrote:Now, I have a few questions.

1) How can I add a link that will open up more smilies?
Possibly in a future release
2) How can I line up the buttons next to the text box? And how can I move the phpBB3BBCodes.com link next to the sound check box?

Thanks a lot for your help!
I believe there is a solution already posted in this thread on how to do that. You just have to move the html in the mchat_body.html file around.