[RC] mChat New version

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: [RC] mChat New version

Post by RMcGirr83 »

ameisez wrote:Looks nice...

Is the delete button (deleting message in the chatbox) really working in the sense that the message is being removed on every users' windows?
Just noticed that and to answer you, no not at this time.
and if I may suggest, it would great if the user can have an option to receive alerts when a message is post in the chat box. an option could be a choice of...

sound alert | blinking taskbar | small temporary pop up | move window on top of all windows | none
Uhmmm, the sound check box thingy already does that?
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

ameisez

Post by ameisez »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Uhmmm, the sound check box thingy already does that?
That's the problem in commenting before trying :lol:
PHPBB on HOSTGATOR SERVER. MY PERSONAL CHOICE ;)
Need phpBB images and buttons? HIRE ME
my MOD: BB3 Media Player | a phpbb based media player

muggins
Name: Donovan

Re: [RC] Mchat New version

Post by muggins »

stokerpiller wrote:
muggins wrote:Thanks, Stoker, Djs596 and Rich!

IMO, the pruning feature is really the only thing left to do. It's a pain to do it manually with phpmyadmin, and the all-or-none option is worse.
At the moment you can just use the user permission in ACP if you want users or groups disallowed in the chat.
No reason for going to phpmyadmin for that.
Or you can create a group and set mchat permissions to no.
Then you just have to add users to that group for disallowing them access to the chat.
I'm not talking about user permissions, I am talking about removing old messages from the database...
Muggins

RMcGirr83

Re: [RC] Mchat New version

Post by RMcGirr83 »

muggins wrote:I'm not talking about user permissions, I am talking about removing old messages from the database...
Is done is 1.2.11 version (not available yet). Pruning occurs when a user views either the archive page or the custom page if set as enabled in ACP.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer

muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

Thanks!
Muggins

joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

Hello,

Just to tell I try 1.2.11 but I've got an error when I click on archive :
Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/ultimare/public_html/includes/functions_mchat.php on line 275
The line 275 :

Code: Select all

$delete_id = $mchat_total_messages - $mchat_prune_amount + $first_id;
If I disable prune, all is OK...

I learn English with phpbb.com :)

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

joebart72 wrote:Hello,

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/ultimare/public_html/includes/functions_mchat.php on line 275
Already fixed in SVN, you can find the new file here

Save as includes/functions_mchat.php and upload it into your forum overwriting the older version. Then enable prune again and it will work. :)

joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

Nawid

Post by Nawid »

I'm getting a SQL error whenever I want to post something (topic, reply, post, quote, etc etc)

Below is the error... Could someone please help me ?

Algemene fout
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'username' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_mchat (user_id, username, user_colour, user_ip, message, bbcode_bitfield, bbcode_uid, bbcode_options, message_time) VALUES ('2', 'Nawid', 'AA0000', '82.171.137.143', 'Nieuw bericht: [url=http://www.schoollife.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=847#p847:v7yhw20z]Re: Quick Reply (Snel Antwoord) test[/url:v7yhw20z]', 'EA==', 'v7yhw20z', 1, 1251654672)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 2007
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 1036
CALL: submit_post()
Check SuperNova Orange style on:
SchoolLife.nl
phpBB.com

Nawid

Post by Nawid »

problem solved, I did the sql from the old mChat and now it's working again. Don't know why this happened, because I updated the old mChat. Anyway, no problems anymore. Thanks for the nice and better version of the mChat!
Check SuperNova Orange style on:
SchoolLife.nl
phpBB.com

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Nawid wrote:I'm getting a SQL error whenever I want to post something (topic, reply, post, quote, etc etc)

Below is the error... Could someone please help me ?

Algemene fout
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'username' in 'field list' [1054]
That's because you are also using the old version of the "mod to the mod"....being notifications of new topics into the mchat table.

The previous version of the mchat stored user_id, username and user_colour into the mchat table, which wasn't necessarily the best way (eg a user could change user colour or even username).

The current version stores the user_id in the mchat table and then pulls the information from the users table that matches that user_id.

Let's use this as an example...you have a user who is a moderator that makes a chat, his user colouring due to "mod" status is green. If you then remove that individual from mod status, the user would have two colours if another message was made by that user. One being green, when he/she used to be in the moderator group, and one being the same as a registered user. Same would happen with name if the name was to change.

The new version, once the page is refreshed after the change (user name or colour), will make it so that the users name would show as similar throughout the forum....same as the colouring of that user.

Did that make any sense? FWIW, you can't use "mods of the mod" that were made for the previous version, but in the contrib folder of the new version, there are edits to make to files (like notification of new topics ;) ) so that the previous functionalities will be the same. Pruning is now available in the 1.2.12 version as well as proper redirecting if on the custom page and hit the clean button, etc., etc.

Also, previously, if there were "disallowed" bbcodes set, the previous version wouldn't parse those bbcodes (eg, if bold was disallowed bolding "lorem ipsum decum showmetehmoney" would show up as this (ignore the space) lorem ipsum decum showmetehmoney)

It wouldn't parse the bbcode but leave the code for the bbcode in the message of the chat...so you would see a post like

[b]lorem ipsum decum showmetehmoney[/b]
What happens in this version? The bbcode tag is stripped from the message if disallowed, so, again using the [ b] tag, [ b]lorem ipsum decum showmetehmoney[/b] would show up as this "lorem ipsum decum showmetehmoney" Just the message is left without the bbcode tag that the user tried to use eventhough disallowed.

A lot of changes have been made to try and make the mod more complete have been made, hence the DEV status. None of us have anything "personal" against AllCity and have no idea why he/she was banned, we're just trying to make an already great mod just a tad bit better.

PS Does anyone know javascript by chance? Cuz I sure as heck don't. Not that I'm not willing to learn, but.... :)

joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
joebart72 wrote:Hello,

Already fixed in SVN, you can find the new file here

Save as includes/functions_mchat.php and upload it into your forum overwriting the older version. Then enable prune again and it will work. :)
Well I've decided to use prune and to keep 100 messages in archives but if I go into archive, I've got more than 300 messages stored....

Thanks again ;)

jagger_janno

Post by jagger_janno »

I need help fixing an error in my forum after installing the mChat New version.

I'm getting this error message when signing on to my forum:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Table 'andregar_pbb02.mchat_config' doesn't exist [1146]

My installation was successful and there were no errors or warnings.

I'm not sure if it was because I didn't do step 3 of the DIY instructions after the install? Only it is because it is too vague an instruction.

DIY Instructions:
1. Browse to the file mchat_install.php in the root of your forum to update the database. [Completed]
2. Delete the mchat_install.php file from the root of your forum. [Completed]
3. Make all edits to all files and upload them to your forum.
4. Refresh the styles in the ACP, set the settings for the Mini Chat under "Board Features".
5. Then visit user/group permissions and set the permissions for the Mini Chat for your groups/users.
6. Enjoy the Mod!!

Does anybody know what I need to do exactly for Step 3 above.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

hornetnz

Post by hornetnz »

As a suggested feature, you may want to consider allowing the new chats to appear on bottom or top. Your demo has new chats on top, which is opposite of what most IM and chat programs do.

Otherwise, I like what I see!!

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

3. Make all edits to all files and upload them to your forum.
This part is doing the fileedits as instructed in the install file.
The error indicates that you didnt do the edits to includes/constants.php - but you need to do them all.
I am done with phpBB

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”