[ABD] Dicemod

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
alicia86
Name: Alicia

Re: [BETA] Dicemod

Post by alicia86 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:27 pm

NaGeL182 wrote:One question. i installed this mod (with a slight modification), nomather what i do it wont go past by the
[dice]3d6[/dice]
Invalid dice code!

thing even after a hundred purging and reinstalling.
even when i downloaded it and tried to set it up on my dev forum, the same thing happened but after a purge it worked... but on a live forum it isn't.... what the hell...
Unless you copied the files you edited over, you may want to make sure that you edited the files correctly and followed all the DIY. Double check everything before purging.
You may also want to go into root/cache directory and delete anything that's not index.html and .htaccess (there may be one more file, look before you delete that it's not a cache file.)

NaGeL182

Post by NaGeL182 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:55 pm

alicia86 wrote:
NaGeL182 wrote:One question. i installed this mod (with a slight modification), nomather what i do it wont go past by the
[dice]3d6[/dice]
Invalid dice code!

even when i downloaded it and tried to set it up on my dev forum, the same thing happened but after a purge it worked... but on a live forum it isn't.... what the hell...
Unless you copied the files you edited over, you may want to make sure that you edited the files correctly and followed all the DIY. Double check everything before purging.
You may also want to go into root/cache directory and delete anything that's not index.html and .htaccess (there may be one more file, look before you delete that it's not a cache file.)
thanks but i found out whats the problem is....

the admin forgot to allow the forum to use the dicemod -.- ....

alicia86
Name: Alicia

Post by alicia86 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:55 pm

NaGeL182 wrote:
alicia86 wrote:
[dice]3d6[/dice]
Invalid dice code!

thanks but i found out whats the problem is....

the admin forgot to allow the forum to use the dicemod -.- ....
Heh, that would have been step two ;) Glad you got it functioning.

vooood

Post by vooood » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:39 pm

I installed this mod and no matter what I enter I got

Code: Select all

[dice]0[/dice]
as a result. What is going on?

fank39o

Post by fank39o » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:57 pm

vooood wrote:I installed this mod and no matter what I enter I got

[dice]0[/dice]
Have you done the DIY instructions?

It looks like you haven't added the [dice][/dice] bbcode numbers to constants.php file (Step 3). If the constants are not added to the file the bbcode parser doesn't know what to do with the bbcode and ignores it.

Also [dice]0[/dice] means that it is the first dice roll in the post. The code uses the 0 as an identifier to which die roll goes where in the post when it pull the rolls out of the database. If you have multiple die rolls in the same post the number goes to 1 2 3 etc.

vooood

Post by vooood » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:23 am

fank39o wrote:

[dice]0[/dice]

It looks like you haven't added the [dice][/dice] bbcode numbers to constants.php file (Step 3). If the constants are not added to the file the bbcode parser doesn't know what to do with the bbcode and ignores it.

Also [dice]0[/dice] means that it is the first dice roll in the post. The code uses the 0 as an identifier to which die roll goes where in the post when it pull the rolls out of the database. If you have multiple die rolls in the same post the number goes to 1 2 3 etc.
i triple-checked and the modifications are ok. i tried multiple replies with dice in them and i got that 0 result. i checked and the roles are present in the db but are only not displayed right.. i use phpbb 3.0.8

brentil

Post by brentil » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Are you using a non-default theme?

fank39o

Post by fank39o » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:10 pm

vooood wrote:
fank39o wrote:

[dice]0[/dice]

i triple-checked and the modifications are ok. i tried multiple replies with dice in them and i got that 0 result. i checked and the roles are present in the db but are only not displayed right.. i use phpbb 3.0.8
The only other thing i think know to check is to make sure all the code is placed in the right place in bbcode.php. (The extra case statements and the decodedice function.)

Maybe clearing the cache might also help.
brentil wrote:Are you using a non-default theme?
I do not think using a non-default theme should change anything because the mod doesn't edit any style code.

Saerain

Post by Saerain » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:59 am

Is there anything I can do to make the dice sidecounts accurate?

Under this mod, every die has one 'side' too many: d6 has seven possible results (0-6 instead of 1-6), d10 has 11 possible results (0-10 instead of 0-9), and so on.

thom_raindog

Post by thom_raindog » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:20 pm

How can I implement more dice buttons for the posting window? As it is now, there is one universal button but I would like to have a button for attack rolls that puts down the right amount of the right kind of dice automagically.
Using custom BBcodes does not seem to work as the resulting code is not parsed by dicemod.

Any ideas?

must_zen

Post by must_zen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:08 pm

bumping into someone question almost 2 years ago :
i found this code

$template->assign_vars(array(
4 times. which one is it?
should i alter all of it? i got stuck here :(

IggyZeph

Post by IggyZeph » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:09 am

I'd like to try this mod, but the download links aren't working for me. Anyone have a mirror?

Trucker-

Post by Trucker- » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:41 pm

I have downloaded and installed the mod through automod (And manually) on forum version 3.0.8, but the only input it reacts on is [dice]0[/dice], where the result is “Invalid dice code!. All other input ([dice]1d6[/dice]) does not give any reaction. The text just stands there.

I have checked the database, and it does not look like anything has been entered from the mod.

Has anyone got it working with forum version 3.0.8? Or has anyone got an idea of what is wrong?
Sorry for my bad spelling.

IggyZeph

Post by IggyZeph » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:26 am

Again, where did you download this from? The download links on the OP aren't working, at least not for me.

Sakanade Kisuke

Post by Sakanade Kisuke » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:07 am

IggyZeph wrote:Again, where did you download this from? The download links on the OP aren't working, at least not for me.
I have the same problem!

Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”