[BETA] Dynamic Avatar

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Adhemar11
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:21 am

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by Adhemar11 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:58 pm

Ah, thanks for clerification. I thought I read that it was going to be compatible. I'm not completely losing it. :lol:
Adhemar11
MySite

Sanuki
Registered User
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:38 am

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by Sanuki » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:58 am

Please tell me your still developing this modification.

You would be famous and phpbb3 really needs one >.<

pammy6766
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:41 am

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by pammy6766 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:44 am

Big Thanks to dellsystem for taking on this task :D

Riggedid
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:33 am

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by Riggedid » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:53 am

Whoa, if I like what I'm seeing, I'm totally going to be donating!
I didn't think anybody would ever get around to doing this, thanks a bunch man!

Good luck! :D

User avatar
lachlan438
Registered User
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:40 am

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by lachlan438 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:52 am

:o :D 8-)

Wow thanks this would have to be one of the best mods yet. Do you think its sort of stable enuf to use on a live board or is it still to young.... I must resist :lol: until stable

Riggedid
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:33 am

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by Riggedid » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:06 am

lachlan438 wrote::o :D 8-)

Wow thanks this would have to be one of the best mods yet. Do you think its sort of stable enuf to use on a live board or is it still to young.... I must resist :lol: until stable
Too bad he doesn't even have a download available yet. :(

Anyways, stopping by to wish you more luck on the work! :D

User avatar
Yukan
Registered User
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: http://localhost/

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by Yukan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:46 pm

I hope things are going smoothly on the MOD. :)

You still up for requests? Maybe a trading system for trading items between users?
Or a marketplace for selling your items to other members?

Just a few ideas I thought of. If you choose to implement them I'll be eternally grateful ;) lol

Anyways, good luck!

EDIT:
Also, will this add another avatar ( like Camorea Suite did ) or will this integrate into the
phpBB's avatar system perfectly ( like Living Avatar. last I checked lol )?

User avatar
dellsystem
Former Team Member
Posts: 3879
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:54 pm
Location: Montreal
Name: Wendy
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by dellsystem » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Thanks for the support :) Sadly, yes, download isn't yet available. Am working to make that a reality in the near future.
Riggedid wrote:Too bad he doesn't even have a download available yet.
haha, well, I normally don't bother to correct this, but ...
Yukan wrote:You still up for requests? Maybe a trading system for trading items between users?
Or a marketplace for selling your items to other members?
Not in the first version, but those may be possible for subsequent versions :)
Yukan wrote:Also, will this add another avatar ( like Camorea Suite did ) or will this integrate into the phpBB's avatar system perfectly ( like Living Avatar. last I checked lol )?
If I remember Living Avatar correctly, then it will be more like Living Avatar. I haven't been able to test out Camorea Suite yet, so I'm not sure what that's like. Basically, you'll be able to create an avatar that will save as a flat .png file, which can be used as the avatar (so it'll work within phpBB's avatar system).
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)

User avatar
Yukan
Registered User
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: http://localhost/

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by Yukan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:15 pm

dellsystem wrote:If I remember Living Avatar correctly, then it will be more like Living Avatar. I haven't been able to test out Camorea Suite yet, so I'm not sure what that's like. Basically, you'll be able to create an avatar that will save as a flat .png file, which can be used as the avatar (so it'll work within phpBB's avatar system).
Well the way Camorea did it if I remember was.. you added a Template variable somewhere above the variable that displays your phpBB avatar. And IF you had your camorea avatar setup it would appear above your phpbb avatar in the posts. I cannot remember if it worked on profiles. Last time I used it it was very buggy and would save avatars with a black backfill. :lol:

Again, I wish you luck with this MOD. :D

[EDIT]
off-topic-warning wrote:Sorry to be off-topic but... Is there any way I could have my phpBB.com username changed? I never use this name anywhere and I keep forgetting that I use this one still on here. lol If not I understand. Rules will be rules, eh?

Riggedid
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:33 am

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by Riggedid » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:44 am

dellsystem wrote:
Riggedid wrote:Too bad he doesn't even have a download available yet.
haha, well, I normally don't bother to correct this, but ...
Oh dear, I'm very sorry! Please don't hate me. D:

Hercanic
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:15 pm

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by Hercanic » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:01 pm

I am very much looking forward to this. One of the communities I run will eagerly fill it up with custom artwork.

jakk
Registered User
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:03 am
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by jakk » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:04 pm

any news about this mod?
ivemfinity.com | mundoforeros.com | support team member phpbb-es.com (Soporte en español)

popinthecan
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:06 am

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by popinthecan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:08 am

jakk wrote:any news about this mod?
I hope it's not abandoned. I can't wait until it's done.

Basement24
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by Basement24 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:15 am

I am also looking forward to this mod..hope its coming along nicely :)

le-em
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:04 pm

Re: [DEV] Dynamic Avatar

Post by le-em » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Any news on this?

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”