[BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
keith10456

Re: [ALPHA] Board Clubs 0.1.0

Post by keith10456 »

geishinhan wrote:I can't enable this MOD. It's show that the MOD updated successfull but not save any change :cry:
See the post prior to yours.

geishinhan

Post by geishinhan »

what 's post? :?:

Holger

Post by Holger »

geishinhan

Post by geishinhan »

Can i use with seo-premod :? because i ca'nt enable it. It show the update is successful but not change any option :(

geishinhan

Post by geishinhan »

And it has nothing at clubs_config at database

superj707

Post by superj707 »

someone really needs to clean and finish up this mod. :cry:

superj707

Post by superj707 »

this mod has slipped to the back burner and the back burner was turned off *SAD DAY*

Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

Yes, I know this mod is Alpha and I know the author is busy, but I thought part of alpha was testing on a private board and offering feedback and suggestions, so here I go:

Image Image
I'm a bit of a perfectionist and wanted the clubs page to reflect other phpbb pages, so I got rid of the "add a club" link and made it more prosilver-y. I also made it configurable in the ACP style area with the other images. Cleaned up the search and added short description on the main clubs page too.

Next, the way you're doing textareas is wrong. Textareas do not have value="". So

Code: Select all

<textarea name="club_desc" id="message" rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="3" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" value="{CLUB_DESC}" class="inputbox" title="{L_CLUB_DESC}"></textarea>
should be

<textarea name="club_desc" id="message" rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="3" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" class="inputbox" title="{L_CLUB_DESC}">{CLUB_DESC}</textarea>
There are a bunch more textareas that need to be fixed like this...I believe 3 or 4. All of them, regardless.

Also, I know tons of people have been reporting this error, but I just wanted to reiterate that when categories are enabled in ACP, the clubs page errors out with this:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_clubs.php on line 1581: Undefined offset: -1

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

SELECT * FROM phpbb_clubs WHERE club_id =
The part in functions_clubs.php producing this error is

while ($i<=$limit)
				{
					$sql = 'SELECT *
						FROM ' . CLUBS_TABLE . '
						WHERE club_id = ' . $datafield[count($datafield) - $i]["item"];
					$result2 = $db->sql_query($sql);
					$row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result2);
					$db->sql_freeresult($result2);
because $datafield[count($datafield) - $i]["item"] produces -1, and there is no club with id -1.

And when you edit a club in the ACP, smilies have a slash added in front and behind of them for every edit. So a description that once showed the actual smiley image now shows \\\":)\\\" after 3 edits.

If you add the navlinks at the top of clubs.php to point to the main clubs page, you can get better breadcrumbs when viewing a club. For example: Image instead of Board index < test club #2.

In my opinion, club avatars should offer the same options as regular avatars: admin can set upload or off-site linking as well as the max size and dimensions. Either that or club avatar settings should just reflect regular avatar settings.

How about a search option in the message board section, as well as an ACP option to set max messageboards per club and who can create them (club founder only, members, etc)? Maybe even a "can create club messageboards" user permission?

I also added a config option for the admin to allow password-only joins, because I am picky. ;) In clubs_body.html I then made sure every password field and option was wrapped with <!-- IF PASSWORD_ENABLE -->.

When changing the founder of a club in the ACP, it would be nice to have the "find a member" input box rather than having to find a user's id number. This would require a left join on the users table because the clubs table doesn't store usernames.

And lastly, if category 1 is not deleteable, it should probably be included as an insert in the install file when the club cats table is created. Just call it "General" or "Misc" or something. If a user doesn't want to use categories they can disable them and the lingering Misc category won't do any harm. (And as a suggestion, it would be nice to have the up and down arrows in the ACP to reorder categories to the admin's liking.)
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Wow :o

I'm sure all of this will definitely come in handy ;)

beggers

Post by beggers »

Anyasha, any chance you might take this over and release a fully-cleaned up version? Right now there are so many bugs/fixes that it's hard to follow. And you sound like you really know what you're doing! ;)

Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

I don't know how to fix the category error. :( :oops: If someone could do that I might be able to work on it!

EDIT: I didn't much care for the current layout of clubs so I made it display like a forum, and commented out the code that was giving errors on enabled categories. Here's what my display looks like now:

And no more errors!

I found an error in the breadcrumbs as well.

$template->assign_block_vars('navlinks', array(
				'U_VIEW_FORUM'  	=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}clubs.$phpEx", "mode=info"),
				'FORUM_NAME'    	=> $club_info['club_name'],
			));
		        if ($club_config['club_ccat_enable'])
			{
				$ccat_info = $bc->get_ccat_info($cid);
					'U_VIEW_FORUM'  	=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}clubs.$phpEx", 'mode=ccat&ccaid=' . $ccat_info['ccat_id']),
					'FORUM_NAME'    	=> $ccat_info['ccat_name']
				));
			}
should be

if ($club_config['club_ccat_enable'])
			{
				$ccat_info = $bc->get_ccat_info($cid);
					'U_VIEW_FORUM'  	=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}clubs.$phpEx", 'mode=ccat&ccaid=' . $ccat_info['ccat_id']),
					'FORUM_NAME'    	=> $ccat_info['ccat_name']
				));
			}
				'U_VIEW_FORUM'  	=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}clubs.$phpEx", "mode=info"),
				'FORUM_NAME'    	=> $club_info['club_name'],
			));
Also, the reason for the editing error in the ACP I posted earlier is because the textbox is pulling the data as it is actually stored in the database. Instead it needs to incorporate the bitfield, uid, and options. Take a look at acp_forums.php and see how it's done with forum_desc.
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Anyasha wrote:I don't know how to fix the category error. :( :oops: If someone could do that I might be able to work on it!

EDIT: I didn't much care for the current layout of clubs so I made it display like a forum, and commented out the code that was giving errors on enabled categories. Here's what my display looks like now:

And no more errors!...
Looks very, very good :D

superj707

Post by superj707 »

I hope you can put this together for us so we can have a solid(ish) version to install on our forums.

mutank
Name: Dominic Struczynski

Post by mutank »

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_clubs.php
LINE: 1545
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

LINE: 1469
CALL: board_clubs->get_tabitems_order()

FILE: clubs.php
LINE: 1530
CALL: board_clubs->make_tabs()
Ugh, I get this error when I enable categories and try to visit clubs.php (I already created some categories within ACP)

UPDATE: I removed line 1469 on includes/functions_clubs.php ( which was

$this->get_tabitems_order($category,0,$num_tabs,'most_members',''); 
)

and now it's working, but the categories aren't in their own tab, and the "What clubs you belong to" tab isn't showing up either

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

mutank wrote:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

SQL

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 1545
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

LINE: 1469
CALL: board_clubs->get_tabitems_order()

FILE: clubs.php
LINE: 1530
CALL: board_clubs->make_tabs()
Ugh, I get this error when I enable categories and try to visit clubs.php (I already created some categories within ACP)

UPDATE: I removed line 1469 on includes/functions_clubs.php ( which was

$this->get_tabitems_order($category,0,$num_tabs,'most_members',''); 
)

and now it's working, but the categories aren't in their own tab, and the "What clubs you belong to" tab isn't showing up either
If I were you I would wait to see if Anyasha release a cleaned-up version.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”