[BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
mutank
Name: Dominic Struczynski

Re: [ALPHA] Board Clubs 0.1.0

Post by mutank »

keith10456 wrote:If I were you I would wait to see if Anyasha release a cleaned-up version.
Is anyasha going to be working on a cleaned-up version? I didn't notice anything like that in any of the posts.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

mutank wrote:
keith10456 wrote:If I were you I would wait to see if Anyasha release a cleaned-up version.
Is anyasha going to be working on a cleaned-up version? I didn't notice anything like that in any of the posts.
Anyasha never said so... but a request was made. That's I said "if"... Considering the code was cleaned-up quite a bit.

Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

I honestly don't think my coding skills are up for a separate release...but I can try. It might be fun to contribute to a team of efforts but I highly doubt I can rewrite the whole thing. :oops: I'm still working on it bit by bit, so maybe I'll just post some of my "fixes"...would that work?
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Anyasha wrote:I honestly don't think my coding skills are up for a separate release...but I can try. It might be fun to contribute to a team of efforts but I highly doubt I can rewrite the whole thing. :oops: I'm still working on it bit by bit, so maybe I'll just post some of my "fixes"...would that work?
If you don't release a new version, I'll take your fixes and your template prosilver template files :D

woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

hy guys,

sorry for being away such a long time.

i hope i can read into the clubsmod in the next time again!

i'm looking forward on fixing some main bugs again and clean up some code.... hope someone will help me with this because it's always good when somebody else takes a look on the code.... ;)

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";

Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

woipi, I posted a lot of fixes a page or two back!
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

akademi

Post by akademi »

When will there be a stable version of this projekt. I would like to use it for my forum

cdodds
Name: Don Cdoddsy

Post by cdodds »

Works fine for me: http://www.veinsfetiche.com/clubs/

Since you said this was not ready for a live board yet, I integrated a second board onto my main, installed the mod on the second board...with fixes listed in previous posts, redirected the index of the second board to the clubs mod, redirected registration to original board, ...and then had some fun changing the mod's language files / theme.

^^ Am still moving some stuff around in the mod so it is easier to navigate for my users, but everything seems to be working fine. Great mod!

The only thing that disappoints me so far is the lack of ability to search all of the club names which will be soon made by my users, but I think I can add a search feature for it on my own...

Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

I found another error: you should be able to disable the "max clubs per user" by entering 0 (unlimited clubs per user), however if you do this the clubs create page says "You have already 2 clubs created and you are only allowed to create 0 clubs". So change:

Code: Select all

($bc->count_user_clubs() > $club_config['club_create_member'])
to

Code: Select all

(($bc->count_user_clubs() > $club_config['club_create_member']) && $club_config['club_create_member'])
Also, I think including a generic message for any missing field is very unhelpful, so I separated the checks into 4 individual checks with an error message for each, so the user will know exactly which field they left blank.

I am having a heck of a time re-doing the admin pages. I have the config part fixed just fine, as well as the categories listing, but I can't get the add and edit actions to work correctly. They have to be entirely re-done to make use of generate_text_for_storage() and I used acp_forums and acp_groups as a guide, but the page isn't pulling data...ARGH. I have the debug on and it's not giving me any undefined indexes, or any errors at all. Can any advanced coders help with this?
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

so little update.... i'll just wrote with Anyasha and am looking forward on continuing the dev on this mod with him!

grz woipi
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

woipi90 wrote:so little update.... i'll just wrote with Anyasha and am looking forward on continuing the dev on this mod with him!

grz woipi
Glad to hear it 8-)

Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

woipi90 wrote:so little update.... i'll just wrote with Anyasha and am looking forward on continuing the dev on this mod with him!

grz woipi
I'm a girl. 8-) :lol:
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Anyasha wrote:

grz woipi
I thought so lol :)

woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

keith10456 wrote:
Anyasha wrote:

grz woipi
I thought so lol :)
oh excuse me! :oops:
-----

woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

so the last few days i and anyasha fixed some bugs and added some features, maybe we can release the new version today.... ;)

grz woipi
-----

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”