[BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
keith10456

Re: [DEV] Board Clubs

Post by keith10456 »

woipi90 wrote:plz post your ideas....

dev: got a check out function now so that you can leave a club and changed the style and the code a bit....
still having problems with uploading a club avatar maybe someone can help me....

i appreciate any ideas for being included.... ;)

right now i will start with the cap....

grz woipi
OK... I'm going to register at your test site and test it fully. Then I'll post my suggestions, ideas, etc.
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Here are my suggestions so far:

1 - Use an image for the "Create Club" link. Doing so will make the link more visible.

2 - Not sure if you'll be able to work this into the main "Clubs" page or not, but a brief description of what the page is for and what can be done with it would be helpful.

3 - Allow BBCode in the Comments/Posts section (at least the basic ones, B, I, U, Color and Smilies)

4 - Prevent members from Posting on the Clubs' Comments unless they are a member of that club.

5 - Remove the Email fields from the Create A Club page. The Clubs section should use the Board's contact info (Email, PM's, etc.)

6 - In the ACP make the "Approve Clubs" by Admin a variable that can be enabled or disabled.

7 - Use an image for the "Create A Post" link on the Categories page. Doing so will make the link more visible... Same with "Create A Category". I'm pretty computer savvy but I was stumped for a minute about how do I create a category?

8 - Add a "Recommend A Friend" feature... Which would allow a member of a Club to PM one of their Friends on the Board asking them to join their Club.
woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

keith10456 wrote:Here are my suggestions so far:

1 - Use an image for the "Create Club" link. Doing so will make the link more visible.

2 - Not sure if you'll be able to work this into the main "Clubs" page or not, but a brief description of what the page is for and what can be done with it would be helpful.

3 - Allow BBCode in the Comments/Posts section (at least the basic ones, B, I, U, Color and Smilies)

4 - Prevent members from Posting on the Clubs' Comments unless they are a member of that club.

5 - Remove the Email fields from the Create A Club page. The Clubs section should use the Board's contact info (Email, PM's, etc.)

6 - In the ACP make the "Approve Clubs" by Admin a variable that can be enabled or disabled.

7 - Use an image for the "Create A Post" link on the Categories page. Doing so will make the link more visible... Same with "Create A Category". I'm pretty computer savvy but I was stumped for a minute about how do I create a category?

8 - Add a "Recommend A Friend" feature... Which would allow a member of a Club to PM one of their Friends on the Board asking them to join their Club.
this are good things and will be included.

to 2: this is already included when you create a club....
to 6: this is planned when a acp module is introduced....
to 8: i have to gain more information on how to do that....

i'm no designer so i would be happy if somebody else would create the images or icons.... ;)

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";
woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

just integrated the join options and a first cap for club owners.... ;)

grz woipi
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

woipi90 wrote:
keith10456 wrote:...

to 2: this is already included when you create a club....

I was referring to the initial Clubs page.
1234homie

Post by 1234homie »

time to subscribe thanks!!! I'm waiting for first release :D
woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

currently i'm bussy studying....

but changed a little bug when posting, so bbcode has to work now.... ;)

grz woipi
-----
joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

Yeah, a great idea, like groups on facebook, I wanted this for a long time :D
I learn English with phpbb.com :)
woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

so update:

smilies are now working too and the editor has been included for the cats and posts.... ;)
and i setup the first version of two acp modules....

grz woipi
-----
woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

did some great work today again....

now the last missing modificatin of the board clubs will be the possibility to upload a board club own avatar.... ;)

would be great to hear if somebody wanna help me because i can't get the avatar upload to work.... :(

grz woipi
-----
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Thanks for the update ;)
joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

Ready to test it :D
I learn English with phpbb.com :)
woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

hy,

so yesterday i started to introduce delete functions for the club self and for the posts....
also fixed some bugs with the editor in the clubs desc and cat desc....
and last but not least i made the club desc editable and expanded the contact board option with pm and web....

plz test these new things.... ;)

grz woipi
-----
woipi90

Post by woipi90 »

update:

[ADD] categories, posts editable and deleteable....
[ADD] userinfo of poster in post....

the last thing before the first release will be to get the club avatar working, still waiting for somene who can help me.... :(

grz woipi
-----

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”