Page 82 of 91

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:01 am
by woipi90
haleemfp wrote:Point #1 is fine.
Point # 2 can u tell me which are the files. Because its very very important for me. Please help me. Not only me everyone who want to rename club to someother name..

u dont rename the clubs system u modify it.. there are severall changes u have to search for them..

i suggest u start with the clubs.php and functions_clubs.php..

but the easiest way would be to search the clubs package for occurances..

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 am
by Holger
I would not change the filename, I would change the wording in the lang-files instead to reflect to functionality you want it to offer.

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:24 pm
by haleemfp
Holger wrote:I would not change the filename, I would change the wording in the lang-files instead to reflect to functionality you want it to offer.

Wording is ok, like if you want to name as "group" that can do it from lang file. But in the address bar its again club.

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:48 pm
by Holger
Nobody looks at the addressbar

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:00 pm
by haleemfp
Holger wrote:Nobody looks at the addressbar
Even I am agree with you, but as we are designer we have to see all ups and down.
Any ways, please can u suggest me how to get rid of this.
Even I started PROMOTING THAT MY GROUP IS COMING SOON.

I am only waiting for this things to get down then i will starts...

anyone can help for this / ?

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:23 am
by bitsss
Hello guys,
at first i have to say: this MOD is a very cool idea! THANX for your efforts!
Should the BETA-version just be used on test environments? Or is the developement almost finished? How long does it take to have an RC? Approximately 1 year?

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:21 pm
by haleemfp
If anyone give some hint then I will modify it. Which files Have to modify to change the clubs.php to groups.php ?? If I rename its not working for internal files....

Also,

Please see the below image. I am having facebook Side Bar which is going backside of the tab menu of the clubs. How to make the tab menu to be back of the facebook side bar..

http://tinypic.com/r/1zlbry9/6

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:41 am
by haleemfp
haleemfp wrote:If anyone give some hint then I will modify it. Which files Have to modify to change the clubs.php to groups.php ?? If I rename its not working for internal files....

Also,

Please see the below image. I am having facebook Side Bar which is going backside of the tab menu of the clubs. How to make the tab menu to be back of the facebook side bar..

http://tinypic.com/r/1zlbry9/6
I have one idea for my first option to rename club to group. Just I want to know is it possible or not.

I will keep the file clubs.php on server and I will made a new file groups.php. clubs.php file contain only the redirective to groups.php and groups.php contain all the code. Hows it ??

If user access clubs.php it will rediret to group.php and my problem solve. Is it possible ???

If it so, please let me know the redirective code for clubs.php which will go to group.php...

thanks..

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:50 pm
by keith10456
haleemfp wrote:
haleemfp wrote:If anyone give some hint then I will modify it. Which files Have to modify to change the clubs.php to groups.php ?? If I rename its not working for internal files....

Also,

Please see the below image. I am having facebook Side Bar which is going backside of the tab menu of the clubs. How to make the tab menu to be back of the facebook side bar..

http://tinypic.com/r/1zlbry9/6
I have one idea for my first option to rename club to group. Just I want to know is it possible or not.

I will keep the file clubs.php on server and I will made a new file groups.php. clubs.php file contain only the redirective to groups.php and groups.php contain all the code. Hows it ??

If user access clubs.php it will rediret to group.php and my problem solve. Is it possible ???

If it so, please let me know the redirective code for clubs.php which will go to group.php...

thanks..
Just edit the language file... Change the text. In other words, don't change the words that are all caps on the left-hand-side of the screen in the language file.

Editing the language file as opposed to renaming the clubs file (or creating another file) will prevent you from breaking the mod.

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:01 am
by Holger
keith10456 wrote:Just edit the language file... Change the text. In other words, don't change the words that are all caps on the left-hand-side of the screen in the language file.

Editing the language file as opposed to renaming the clubs file (or creating another file) will prevent you from breaking the mod.
viewtopic.php?p=13207812#p13207812 :oops:

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 am
by haleemfp
This is very important for me. I am holding my complete site for this. If you see my site (click here) I have given the news that soon I am going to launch clubs.

You know atlast what I have done,
I change all clubs to groups and all club to group. Everywhere and then again I install it. But its showing error.

Seem its very difficult.

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:20 am
by Holger
You MIGHT try to go through all files (including all edits of exisiting phpBB-files) and change "club" to "group" in LINKS, be careful and dont forget to change the filenames too accordingly.

Dont forget to make a backup of all files before you try this.

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:26 am
by haleemfp
Holger wrote:You MIGHT try to go through all files (including all edits of exisiting phpBB-files) and change "club" to "group" in LINKS, be careful and dont forget to change the filenames too accordingly.

Dont forget to make a backup of all files before you try this.

Yes I have done it, I think 10 times from yesterday. All files, text folder everything and then I install again. I know it has to work but it doesn't. Dont know why....

The best think accoding to me is to mask the domain. Like www.mydomain.com/clubs.php to www.mydomain.com/group.php. I have install phpbb-seo but its not changing for clubs its changing for forum names.

Another help??

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 am
by Holger
No, you have to install the complete mod as "club".
Then you change the LINKS (not DB-references and such!) from club to group and reupload the changed files.

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:38 am
by haleemfp
Holger wrote:No, you have to install the complete mod as "club".
Then you change the LINKS (not DB-references and such!) from club to group and reupload the changed files.
Thats wht I want to know where is that links files.
I cannot see it.