[BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Locked
Holger
Registered User
Posts: 1748
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2002 3:54 pm
Location: Hannover

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by Holger » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:40 am

You have to open all files included in the mod and search for "club"

haleemfp
Registered User
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by haleemfp » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:54 am

Holger wrote:You have to open all files included in the mod and search for "club"

4871 club found ?????? do i start ??

Holger
Registered User
Posts: 1748
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2002 3:54 pm
Location: Hannover

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by Holger » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:03 pm

?
AS I said, you dont have to replace all of them, only the ones representing LINKS.

I am not sure that you have enough knowledge for doing what i suggested!
Edit the lang-files instead as mentioned before!

haleemfp
Registered User
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by haleemfp » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:08 pm

Holger wrote:?
AS I said, you dont have to replace all of them, only the ones representing LINKS.

I am not sure that you have enough knowledge for doing what i suggested!
Edit the lang-files instead as mentioned before!
I dont know more about the codes, I have already done with lang files its working fine.

haleemfp
Registered User
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by haleemfp » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:21 am

I am not getting why Club with join option "Public" cannot be view before anyone joins it.
It is a "public" category it can be visible to anyone (after permission from acp)
I gave permission for "registered user" can view, create and join club.
But they cannot see anything like message board, topics before they join it. Is all are having same issue ??



And


I found another, i dont know its a bug or what. I gave guest "View Club" permission but when they click the link for clubs its taking them to login page. They should view all the clubs. correct ??

haleemfp
Registered User
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by haleemfp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:00 pm

haleemfp wrote:I am not getting why Club with join option "Public" cannot be view before anyone joins it.
It is a "public" category it can be visible to anyone (after permission from acp)
I gave permission for "registered user" can view, create and join club.
But they cannot see anything like message board, topics before they join it. Is all are having same issue ??



And


I found another, i dont know its a bug or what. I gave guest "View Club" permission but when they click the link for clubs its taking them to login page. They should view all the clubs. correct ??

Please let me know am I correct or not ??

User avatar
Jessica
Former Team Member
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Jessica
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by Jessica » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:23 pm

haleemfp wrote:I am not getting why Club with join option "Public" cannot be view before anyone joins it.
It is a "public" category it can be visible to anyone (after permission from acp)
I gave permission for "registered user" can view, create and join club.
But they cannot see anything like message board, topics before they join it. Is all are having same issue ??



And


I found another, i dont know its a bug or what. I gave guest "View Club" permission but when they click the link for clubs its taking them to login page. They should view all the clubs. correct ??
I don't think I have any of these issues; however, I will double check and get back to you asap.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

haleemfp
Registered User
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by haleemfp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:52 am

Jessica wrote:
haleemfp wrote:I am not getting why Club with join option "Public" cannot be view before anyone joins it.
It is a "public" category it can be visible to anyone (after permission from acp)
I gave permission for "registered user" can view, create and join club.
But they cannot see anything like message board, topics before they join it. Is all are having same issue ??



And


I found another, i dont know its a bug or what. I gave guest "View Club" permission but when they click the link for clubs its taking them to login page. They should view all the clubs. correct ??
I don't think I have any of these issues; however, I will double check and get back to you asap.
So whats up jassica, did you have the same issue?? or I am not only...

User avatar
woipi90
Registered User
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:32 pm
Location: Austria

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by woipi90 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:00 pm

haleemfp wrote:
Jessica wrote:
haleemfp wrote:I am not getting why Club with join option "Public" cannot be view before anyone joins it.
It is a "public" category it can be visible to anyone (after permission from acp)
I gave permission for "registered user" can view, create and join club.
But they cannot see anything like message board, topics before they join it. Is all are having same issue ??



And


I found another, i dont know its a bug or what. I gave guest "View Club" permission but when they click the link for clubs its taking them to login page. They should view all the clubs. correct ??
I don't think I have any of these issues; however, I will double check and get back to you asap.
So whats up jassica, did you have the same issue?? or I am not only...
1) hm the permission is that u are able to use the system! to view clubs at all..
second u have to be member to see the content of a puplic club too! question: why would u be interested in something and dont wanna be a member of it?

2) ye i made it like this.. guests have to log in to see and use the ubcs..
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";

haleemfp
Registered User
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by haleemfp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Woipi
Again I have to say thanks to you. You have given my website so much with club.

As per your reply for Point #1, its public club everyone can has to view it. But of course they cannot post anything until they join it.

Point #2, In the ACP for guest, its mentioned that, guest can view the club. ????? But in actual they cannot.

User avatar
keith10456
Registered User
Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by keith10456 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:28 pm

haleemfp wrote:Point #2, In the ACP for guest, its mentioned that, guest can view the club. ????? But in actual they cannot.
Are you saying guests cannot see the main Clubs page or they cannot see the individual Club?

haleemfp
Registered User
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by haleemfp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:41 pm

keith10456 wrote:
haleemfp wrote:Point #2, In the ACP for guest, its mentioned that, guest can view the club. ????? But in actual they cannot.
Are you saying guests cannot see the main Clubs page or they cannot see the individual Club?

They cannot see anything. If they click club its going to longin page...

togbish
Registered User
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by togbish » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:04 pm

haleemfp wrote:Woipi
Again I have to say thanks to you. You have given my website so much with club.

As per your reply for Point #1, its public club everyone can has to view it. But of course they cannot post anything until they join it.

Point #2, In the ACP for guest, its mentioned that, guest can view the club. ????? But in actual they cannot.
1. No matter your permissions setting, ONLY members of a club can see what goes on in there. That is the way it was designed.

2. As a guest, you are not even able to know there are clubs in the forum until you login as a member of the forum. That is the essence of the "View" permission in ACP.

haleemfp
Registered User
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by haleemfp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:13 pm

togbish wrote: 1. No matter your permissions setting, ONLY members of a club can see what goes on in there. That is the way it was designed.
.
1. No matter your permissions setting ????????? Really >>

togbish wrote:
2. As a guest, you are not even able to know there are clubs in the forum until you login as a member of the forum. That is the essence of the "View" permission in ACP.
Then has to remove the guest name from premission... correct.

User avatar
Jessica
Former Team Member
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Jessica
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by Jessica » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:47 am

haleemfp wrote:
togbish wrote: 1. No matter your permissions setting, ONLY members of a club can see what goes on in there. That is the way it was designed.
.
1. No matter your permissions setting ????????? Really >>
I checked this and it seems like you can still see the boards in a club (and posts) even though you are not a member. I tested this on my site...there's a club I'm not a member of, but I can see the board created. I thought there were specific permissions for that, but I don't remember.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”