[BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
togbish

Re: [BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.3

Post by togbish » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Jessica wrote:
haleemfp wrote:
togbish wrote: 1. No matter your permissions setting, ONLY members of a club can see what goes on in there. That is the way it was designed.
1. No matter your permissions setting ????????? Really >>
I checked this and it seems like you can still see the boards in a club (and posts) even though you are not a member. I tested this on my site...there's a club I'm not a member of, but I can see the board created. I thought there were specific permissions for that, but I don't remember.
It works differently in my forum. Even moderators cannot see club content unless they belong to the club.

haleemfp

Post by haleemfp » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:15 pm

There is something wrong in the permission...

I request the creater to please have a look on this..

Thanks you..

haleemfp

Post by haleemfp » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:22 pm

haleemfp wrote:There is something wrong in the permission...

I request the creater to please have a look on this..

Thanks you..
Is there any update to change the permission... please mod, modify it.. thanks..

captain_mills

Post by captain_mills » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Very interested in this MOD... Any idea on a release date for it? Or is there already a downloadable mod for install?
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him, and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:36 pm

There's a download available for you to install on the first post though it's better if you install it on a test forum instead of a "live" forum.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

captain_mills

Post by captain_mills » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:09 am

Jessica,

Thanks for the reply... I did see the download, but the dev has been going on for a while, so I would like to know if there's a timeline or an expected release date for a mod that can be intalled on a live board...

Also, what good would installing this mod in a test board be? Forgive my ignorance, but it doesn't seem to make sense...

Thanks in advance for the info!
CMills
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him, and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble

togbish

Post by togbish » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:49 pm

It is standard practice for them to ask that you do not instal on live board when it is still in dev. A neat way of indemnifying the developer of responsibility for adverse consequences of installing it on a live board. In reality, most people have it on live boards and it works. I do.

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:03 pm

togbish wrote:It is standard practice for them to ask that you do not instal on live board when it is still in dev. A neat way of indemnifying the developer of responsibility for adverse consequences of installing it on a live board. In reality, most people have it on live boards and it works. I do.
Yes that's very true (especially the last part. I also have it)
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

captain_mills

Post by captain_mills » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Jessica and togbish,

thank you for the replies! In your opinions, is this mod at a point where it can be installed on a live board and can be run sans problems?

Thanks again!
CMills

togbish

Post by togbish » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:03 pm

captain_mills wrote:Jessica and togbish,

thank you for the replies! In your opinions, is this mod at a point where it can be installed on a live board and can be run sans problems?

Thanks again!
CMills
We both have it on live boards.

haleemfp

Post by haleemfp » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Jessica wrote:
haleemfp wrote:
togbish wrote: 1. No matter your permissions setting, ONLY members of a club can see what goes on in there. That is the way it was designed.
1. No matter your permissions setting ????????? Really >>
I checked this and it seems like you can still see the boards in a club (and posts) even though you are not a member. I tested this on my site...there's a club I'm not a member of, but I can see the board created. I thought there were specific permissions for that, but I don't remember.

I dont know what are you talking about and how you achive it. Can you check and let me know that guest can see the clubs and non member also can see the "public club" ???

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:49 pm

haleemfp wrote:I dont know what are you talking about and how you achive it.
I'm saying that I can view the boards and posts created in clubs I am not a member of on my site. I'm not sure how I achieved this, I thought it had to do with permissions. I need to double check.
haleemfp wrote:Can you check and let me know that guest can see the clubs and non member also can see the "public club" ???
I'm going to do some testing asap.

captain_mills

Post by captain_mills » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:55 am

Out of curiosity, are there any customizeable features? What are the options in the ACP? Can anyone share a quick screencap of what the UCP and ACP look like for this MOD?

Thanks again all!

Greyhound76

Post by Greyhound76 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 am

Hello Woipi,

I have the Social Network Mod built by Kamahl and therefore unfortunately I get the own groups do not appear in the profile. I would like to make it their own groups complete show on the club's index. Where I can set it exactly?

Thanks for help,

Grey

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Greyhound76 wrote:Hello Woipi,

I have the Social Network Mod built by Kamahl and therefore unfortunately I get the own groups do not appear in the profile. I would like to make it their own groups complete show on the club's index. Where I can set it exactly?

Thanks for help,

Grey
ACP --> Club settings --> set Display tab menu on index to Yes

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”