[RC][1.1.0-r2] FIND

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Locked
User avatar
PoPoutdoor
Registered User
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:58 pm
Contact:

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by PoPoutdoor » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:01 am

I'm not good at PCRE, have to test for the right pattern.

This will replaced all

Code: Select all

[url=...uri...][img]...img...[/img][/url]
the preg code

Code: Select all

$message = preg_replace('#\[url=(https?[^\]]*).*?\[/img\]\[/url\]#is', '\\1', $message);

User avatar
Mess
Registered User
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 am
Name: Kim

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by Mess » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:41 am

This one works perfectly! Thanks allot. :D

User avatar
Mess
Registered User
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 am
Name: Kim

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by Mess » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Sorry for the double post but I can't get the cron posting feature working. :cry:

I tried with both lwp-request and curl as user-agent. And with both cron/GET and nothing before the URL(http://www.***/rss_import.php?feed=3) in the cron job tab. And I must have reread you're 2nd post one million times.

Can you tell me how to set it up via cpanel, please?

User avatar
PoPoutdoor
Registered User
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:58 pm
Contact:

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by PoPoutdoor » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:36 am

Since many complain about the document (secure rss_input.php), I have to review and post another update.
Just skip Secure rss_input.php for now and get everything up first, then go back and test the procedures until you got this works.

@Mess, I don't use CPenal, you have to ask your hosting for setup instructions of CRON jobs.

User avatar
Sshadow
Registered User
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:54 pm
Name: Chris C.
Contact:

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by Sshadow » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:53 am

Mess wrote:Sorry for the double post but I can't get the cron posting feature working. :cry:

I tried with both lwp-request and curl as user-agent. And with both cron/GET and nothing before the URL(http://www.***/rss_import.php?feed=3) in the cron job tab. And I must have reread you're 2nd post one million times.

Can you tell me how to set it up via cpanel, please?
In Cpanel thru my Cron Jobs option I use the following to get this to work

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/GET http://blahblah.blah/rss_import.php?feed=000,111,222,333 > /dev/null
Maybe that can help you?

User avatar
Mess
Registered User
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 am
Name: Kim

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by Mess » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:26 am

Sshadow wrote:
Mess wrote:Sorry for the double post but I can't get the cron posting feature working. :cry:

I tried with both lwp-request and curl as user-agent. And with both cron/GET and nothing before the URL(http://www.***/rss_import.php?feed=3) in the cron job tab. And I must have reread you're 2nd post one million times.

Can you tell me how to set it up via cpanel, please?
In Cpanel thru my Cron Jobs option I use the following to get this to work

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/GET http://blahblah.blah/rss_import.php?feed=000,111,222,333 > /dev/null
Maybe that can help you?
Thanks for trying to help, its appreciated. Didn't work for me unfortunately. :(
I get the directory does not exist error mail.

What did you type in user_agent?

proconhosting
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 1:40 am

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by proconhosting » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:52 am

PoPoutdoor wrote:
  1. Install the ACP module
    1. Login ACP
    2. Go to: SYSTEM - MODULE MANAGEMENT -> acp -> general -> Board configuration page, select "RSS Import Settings [acp_find]" and click Add module.
    3. Enable the module after the page refreshed.
    4. Purge the cache.
These directions are really lacking.... I uploaded file files in "root" to the root folder of my forums. What do I do with the install.xml?

User avatar
Mess
Registered User
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 am
Name: Kim

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by Mess » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:23 pm

proconhosting wrote:
PoPoutdoor wrote:
  1. Install the ACP module
    1. Login ACP
    2. Go to: SYSTEM - MODULE MANAGEMENT -> acp -> general -> Board configuration page, select "RSS Import Settings [acp_find]" and click Add module.
    3. Enable the module after the page refreshed.
    4. Purge the cache.
These directions are really lacking.... I uploaded file files in "root" to the root folder of my forums. What do I do with the install.xml?
Open it in you're browser.
But id say right of the bat that if you are new to installing mods, you should stick to mods in the mod database. The mods in the development forum is just that (under development). [Dev] means pre [Beta].

proconhosting
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 1:40 am

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by proconhosting » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Mess wrote:Open it in you're browser.
But id say right of the bat that if you are new to installing mods, you should stick to mods in the mod database. The mods in the development forum is just that (under development). [Dev] means pre [Beta].
Shouldn't that be in the "root" folder, than? Does it get uploaded to the forum root?

User avatar
Mess
Registered User
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 am
Name: Kim

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by Mess » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:07 pm

proconhosting wrote:
Mess wrote:Open it in you're browser.
But id say right of the bat that if you are new to installing mods, you should stick to mods in the mod database. The mods in the development forum is just that (under development). [Dev] means pre [Beta].
Shouldn't that be in the "root" folder, than? Does it get uploaded to the forum root?
Open the install.xml file with you're browser. All the info you need to install is there.

proconhosting
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 1:40 am

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by proconhosting » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Ok, went through and made the changes. Now I'm here:
Go to: SYSTEM - MODULE MANAGEMENT -> acp -> general -> Board configuration page, select "RSS Import Settings [acp_find]" and click Add module.
I don't have "RSS Import Settings [acp_find]".

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

wadie
Registered User
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 5:05 am
Location: Your ACP
Name: Wadie

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by wadie » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi again..

Suddenly I'm starting to get this massage when trying to import one of the feeds.. (other sites worked,this one was working but from yesterday it's not)

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xC2\x80\xC2\x93 B...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb1_posts (forum_id, poster_id, icon_id, poster_ip, post_time, post_approved, enable_bbcode, enable_smilies, enable_magic_url, enable_sig, post_username, post_subject, post_text, post_checksum, post_attachment, bbcode_bitfield, bbcode_uid, post_postcount, post_edit_locked, topic_id) VALUES (22, 198, 0, '65.254.248.128', 1278713821, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 'NewsBot', 'Bundesliga: Supercup 1987: off to a thumping start', 'Posted: [color=green:s92dq0xi]Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:46 pm[/color:s92dq0xi]\n\nIn 1987, ten years after the first, unofficial meeting of the Bundesliga champions and DFB Cup holders, the German FA gave the Supercup its official blessing. The two matches played up till then – Borussia Mönchengladbach against Hamburger SV in 1977 and HSV against Bayern München in 1983 – had been organised by the clubs themselves.\n\n[url=http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/news/2009/index.php?f=156278.php:s92dq0xi][i:s92dq0xi]Read more...[/i:s92dq0xi][/url:s92dq0xi]', '56a6d9410697933728b4b6b8a50e9145', 0, 'Mg==', 's92dq0xi', 1, 1, 2510)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_find.php
LINE: 765
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_find.php
LINE: 212
CALL: rss_autopost()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_find.php
LINE: 112
CALL: get_rss_content()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_find->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Need a custom style made ? want me to install a MOD for you ? Contact me here.

User avatar
PoPoutdoor
Registered User
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:58 pm
Contact:

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by PoPoutdoor » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:34 am

@proconhosting, files under "root/" should be uploaded to your webserver's local path which points to your phpbb installation, i.e. the directory where config.php is.

1. Read post#2 -> FAQ for info of mod installations.
2. Follow instructions of install.xml (open with browser from your desktop) and verify all the edits is good.
3. Activate FIND module in ACP.
4. Read Instructions on post #2

If everything is done with cautions, you can import feeds from ACP.


@wadie, you have to ask your service provider for the CRON issue first.
Do the import from ACP, tell me if the same error message appears.

proconhosting
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 1:40 am

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by proconhosting » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:46 am

PoPoutdoor wrote:@proconhosting, files under "root/" should be uploaded to your webserver's local path which points to your phpbb installation, i.e. the directory where config.php is.

1. Read post#2 -> FAQ for info of mod installations.
2. Follow instructions of install.xml (open with browser from your desktop) and verify all the edits is good.
3. Activate FIND module in ACP.
4. Read Instructions on post #2

If everything is done with cautions, you can import feeds from ACP.
I've done that, but as I posted above, when I get to step 1b, I don't have "RSS Import Settings [acp_find]" so I'm stuck there. I've done lots of modding with vbulletin, and I know this isn't the same thing, but it is very similar, so I'm not a total noob (I think ;)).

wadie
Registered User
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 5:05 am
Location: Your ACP
Name: Wadie

Re: [DEV] RSS Input

Post by wadie » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:49 pm

PoPoutdoor wrote:@proconhosting, files under "root/" should be uploaded to your webserver's local path which points to your phpbb installation, i.e. the directory where config.php is.

1. Read post#2 -> FAQ for info of mod installations.
2. Follow instructions of install.xml (open with browser from your desktop) and verify all the edits is good.
3. Activate FIND module in ACP.
4. Read Instructions on post #2

If everything is done with cautions, you can import feeds from ACP.


@wadie, you have to ask your service provider for the CRON issue first.
Do the import from ACP, tell me if the same error message appears.
my host doesn't provide cron..I'm getting this message when trying to import it from the ACP. all the feeds work good except one that gives me that message. :|
Need a custom style made ? want me to install a MOD for you ? Contact me here.

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”