[RC][1.1.0-r2] FIND

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
BiggDawgg

Re: [RC] RSS Input

Post by BiggDawgg » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Go to your ACP click "RSS Import Settings"

Mark the feeds you want to post

In the drop down box below choose "Import Now" then click Submit

The feeds you selected should post in your forum

ninowebs

Post by ninowebs » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:08 am

how do you explain the exact way, but it does not matter in the feeds post

nalioth

Post by nalioth » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:00 am

[problem resolved by removal of mod]

Would be nice if someone more familiar with English that has this running would post a how-to.
Last edited by nalioth on Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PoPoutdoor

Post by PoPoutdoor » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:47 pm

For those not read Post #1&2 before posting their "problems" here, please digest what is written there.

If you don't understand or confused about the contents, read again is the first choice. If you still don't understand, please ask and wait for somebody to provide you the answers.

Until somebody contribute a better version or my writing skills improved, I can't do more about that.

If you want extra support (for you don't understand the document or you don't have the skill) to get this mod works for your phpbb site, I can provide paid service for the mod installation.

BTW, I'm not as skillful as most mod writers here, you can ask others who provides paid service to get this mod works too.

Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:16 pm

^^ Well said! :mrgreen:

BiggDawgg

Post by BiggDawgg » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:37 pm

PoPoutdoor the problem is not with you or your writing, most people do not take the time to read first .. I was able to understand and install this mod with no major problems .. and it works great

ninowebs

Post by ninowebs » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:21 pm

I have read several times, and I like writing but I do not see the feed in the forum, do not say that the mods will not work, I say that not only works but to me

BiggDawgg

Post by BiggDawgg » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:06 am

Did you test the RSS Feed you are using first to make sure it works?

Test Here

If so what happens when you mark a feed in the acp and choose import now? Does another screen come up saying how many feeds were fetched succefully?

ninowebs

Post by ninowebs » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:14 pm

this is good?

Code: Select all

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/rss/homepage.xml
:?: :?:
thank yuo

Neuropass

Post by Neuropass » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:13 pm

i installed the mod and i just love it.

i did few test so far (2) with this feeds:

http://www.gamespot.com/rss/game_update ... 024&type=5

http://www.gamespot.com/rss/game_update ... m=5&type=3

I successfully made the bot and the created the feed and activate it wit he guide line that you posted.

I tried to import the feeds first with no encoding option (blank filed) but it wouldn't import them. I would get the green message about no encoding feed selected.

So i did another test using the following encoding code: UTF-8

and i get the error below: (but the feeds got posted when i checked the forum)

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/rss_parser.php on line 308: Undefined offset: 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_posting.php on line 2547: Undefined index: post_time
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_posting.php on line 2595: Undefined index: forum_name
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_posting.php on line 2547: Undefined index: post_time
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_posting.php on line 2595: Undefined index: forum_name

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web09/b1687/moo.newageos/test/includes/functions.php:3493) in /hermes/web09/b1687/moo.newageos/test/adm/index.php on line 150

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web09/b1687/moo.newageos/test/includes/functions.php:3493) in /hermes/web09/b1687/moo.newageos/test/adm/index.php on line 152

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web09/b1687/moo.newageos/test/includes/functions.php:3493) in /hermes/web09/b1687/moo.newageos/test/adm/index.php on line 153

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web09/b1687/moo.newageos/test/includes/functions.php:3493) in /hermes/web09/b1687/moo.newageos/test/adm/index.php on line 15

any thoughts about it?

by the way I'm so happy that i found this mod!!! Donation is on your way.. ;)

Another thing, Is it possible to set the avatar for the bot?

wadie
Name: Wadie

Post by wadie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Yea I get that message sometimes,but when I check back in the forum I see that the topics were posted.

And you can set an avatar for the bot just like you administrate a regular user.
Need a custom style made ? want me to install a MOD for you ? Contact me here.

Neuropass

Post by Neuropass » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:46 pm

what about the encoding field ? what do you use? because if you don't use anything it won't post anything...

PoPoutdoor

Post by PoPoutdoor » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:34 pm

@BiggDawgg, I know sometimes user not care about reading the documents... I'm trying to be polite before I drop these kind of support.

@Neuropass, I think the source is in ISO8859-1

@All, I port this mod because I need the features before I upgrade my phpbb 2.0.x. I release this mod because I think many others need this. If you think this mod is useful and like to see it get improved, you have to post every piece of needed information stated in support policy, these help me or others to followup your issue.

About donation: If demand is high for paid support (see a few posts above), I'll open a PayPal account before this mod get approved. If not, I'll think about this later on.

Installation, configuration and even FAQ with support policy written there, user have to earn own support ticket before posting for help.

Neuropass

Post by Neuropass » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:34 am

nalioth wrote:
Would be nice if someone more familiar with English that has this running would post a how-to.

that is freaking rude. You are getting something for free the least that you can do is to be nice to the Author that spent probably months in developing this mod.

PoPoutdoor

Post by PoPoutdoor » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:43 am

There is nothing wrong about asking for something better when we're green...

If someone contribute better document or code, I'll be glad to include in coming version. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”