[RC][1.1.0-r2] FIND

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
0dd0ne

Re: [RC-5] RSS Input

Post by 0dd0ne »

First of all top mod! :D Works nicely with my phpbb version and the installation was swift.

However I wish to import my facebook fan page RSS feed. The Facebook RSS feed isn't validated, is there a way to force the validation or skip the relevant checks through the system?

//// Edit, not to worry - I've found a work around - thanks for the mod! :D
0dd0ne

Post by 0dd0ne »

((Kakashi)) wrote:I seem to have the same issue as davaguco regarding the bot showing up as "Guest". Same symptoms...other than that the mod, after some mySQL forcing, works very well.

I will post what mods and environment I am running soon.
What was the mySQL solution? Same issue here. :(

//Edit

After looking at the problem the only way at the moment is to select all the posts the bot makes and hit re-sync in the mcp. I'm guessing it's something to do with it being a bot rather than a regular member...?
Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen »

I checked all my edits and made sure my server had the necessary requirements. Seems all is well except it won't import. No errors or anything?

I set the forum bot to my administrator name so I know the permissions are good. This is the error i get when I select import now in the admin panel.

Feed fetch successfully: None.

Feed without updates: None.

Feed(s) with error: None.

Thanks for any help
Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen »

I got everything working the way I want except the forum bot shows up as guest. I'm guessing this has to do with another mod because it's working fine on a vanilla install.

If anyone that has this same problem get's it working let me know. Please update this thread. :)
Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen »

Ok I had a mistake in the bot name. Fixed the showing up as guest issue.

Now it seems in my active topics page, and last posted username shows up as "RSS Express" but on the actual topic page it shows up as "RSS Express RSS [Bot]". Is this normal behavior? Seems somewhat redundant. I would like to keep the user name exact across the entire board.
PoPoutdoor

Post by PoPoutdoor »

The '[RSS Bot]' keyword was strip off while import, the full username is what you have in the bot user setting.
congtuyen_nd

Post by congtuyen_nd »

it automatically post so then how
congtuyen_nd

Post by congtuyen_nd »

Help me. I want to it autopost
pilch

Post by pilch »

Hi there, where should I be looking if I'm not seeing the RSS Express [RSS BOT] as an option within the Post/Forum Bot within the ACP please? I have this installed on my test forum and it's fine. Both on 3.0.9

Thanks in advance,

p.s This mod has paved the way for some great relationships between like-minded website owners so well done!!
PoPoutdoor

Post by PoPoutdoor »

pilch wrote:Hi there, where should I be looking if I'm not seeing the RSS Express [RSS BOT] as an option within the Post/Forum Bot within the ACP please? I have this installed on my test forum and it's fine. Both on 3.0.9
You have to create the posting bot first.

Great to know the installation instructions works for 3.0.9.
pilch

Post by pilch »

PoPoutdoor wrote:..Great to know the installation instructions works for 3.0.9.
How?
ratmpower

Post by ratmpower »

Can someone please post the download link and instructions to install this MOD?
Thanks
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

ratmpower wrote:Can someone please post the download link and instructions to install this MOD?
Thanks
the download link is int he first post. :roll:
wiredliving

Post by wiredliving »

HI All,

Finally got the mod working on my board - (had to have my host setup a custom php.ini to allow safemode)
Anyway - i'm getting a wierd problem.

I'm using a test google news RSS feed - and when entered via the admin, it returns with an error - displaying HTML from google, however if i hardcode the URL into functions_find.php (prepare_xml)

CURLOPT_URL => 'http://news.google.com.au/news?hl=en&gl ... output=rss',

it imports fine!

Any ideas?

i printed the $url in the function at it looks fine - so i'm totally stumped as to why this is happening?
wiredliving

Post by wiredliving »

wiredliving wrote:HI All,

Finally got the mod working on my board - (had to have my host setup a custom php.ini to allow safemode)
Anyway - i'm getting a wierd problem.

I'm using a test google news RSS feed - and when entered via the admin, it returns with an error - displaying HTML from google, however if i hardcode the URL into functions_find.php (prepare_xml)

CURLOPT_URL => 'http://news.google.com.au/news?hl=en&gl ... output=rss',

it imports fine!

Any ideas?

i printed the $url in the function at it looks fine - so i'm totally stumped as to why this is happening?
worked it out myself - had to unescape the url (well replace the & back to & in that function - and now its all fine and dandy

Great mod. +1

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”