[RC][1.1.0-r2] FIND

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
InTempest

Re: [RC-5] RSS Input

Post by InTempest » Sun May 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Your RSS import was the most recent addon installed. So that file has had no changes.

Here is the list of current mods

Admin Easy User
Advanced Rules Page
Anti-Spam ACP
Application form
Custome Page Store MOD
Drag 'n Drop Forum List
Enable HTML
FAQ Manager
FTP addon for attachment function
Facebook Profile Link
Forum SEO
Forum Sponsor
Highslide Attachment Mod
LinkedIn Profile Link
MSSTI RSS Feed 2.0 with ACP
Moderator Needed
NV newspage
One Click Ban
OneAll Social Login
Paypal Donation Mod
RSS Input
SEO Friendly Forum Title
Share On
Static Pages
Steam Mod
Topic Text Hover
User Blog Mod
XFire Mod
board3 Portal 2.0.1
phpBB mChat

I have confirmed the same issue with several other feeds. The blizzard feed http://apps.shareholder.com/rss/rss.asp ... anyid=ACTI is validated. and gives no error when adding it. But when i request import it shows the feed in the acp page i posted in my image. It sees the information but isn't posting to the marked thread.

When I try the one for http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?t ... a=news;%21

I get this on import request

Code: Select all

Feed fetch successfully: None.

Feed without updates: None.

Feed(s) with error:

[MMO-Champion] Force Encoding is set to fix missing source xml tag.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!-- XML header added by RSS Import //-->

[MMO-Champion] XML error: Invalid document end at line 2 column 2 byte 80.
So thats why i was trying with a basic google feed, just to see if it worked.

Do you have a feed that you know 110% works? I could try that one and see if i have the same issue

PoPoutdoor

Post by PoPoutdoor » Mon May 13, 2013 8:15 am

There is warning about this:

http://feedvalidator.org/docs/warning/ContainsHTML.html

That's why this mod not importing the contents.

Follow up installed mods:

Please provide links to the mods below (if you need faster response, take some time checking out the mod instructions related to modification of adm/* , includes/functions_display.php , includes/acp , includes/hooks)

Admin Easy User
Enable HTML
Forum SEO
MSSTI RSS Feed 2.0 with ACP
SEO Friendly Forum Title
XFire Mod

InTempest

Post by InTempest » Tue May 14, 2013 1:51 am

here are the links as requested.
Enable HTML: http://lithiumstudios.org/forum/viewtop ... f=31&t=535 (it was validated as i found it on the phpbb official page, i'm having issues finding the official mod overview. I can't get it to work in any case. I wanted to use it in conjunction with "Static Pages" that was i could use tables and be able to make custom pages look nicer. but i cant' get it to work.
(if you need faster response, take some time checking out the mod instructions related to modification of adm/* , includes/functions_display.php , includes/acp , includes/hooks)
Are you referring to the changes requested by installing your mod, or the other mods?

And as far as that blizzard feed. I don't mind trying ANY other feed just so long as i see that the mod works overall.

I'm a little confused over the ContainsHTML.html link you gave me.

When i checked the validation of that feed I did see the
line 1, column 2193: title should not contain HTML: &#174; [help]
Should I enable the RSS Import mod to rewrite the title so that it skips that error?

(thank you so much for the support on this)

PoPoutdoor

Post by PoPoutdoor » Tue May 14, 2013 3:06 pm

I need some time to checkup your mods' instructions, I will post reply as soon as I finished the checking.

For the link on my last reply, in layman's term: source is not compliance with the standard, BUT some RSS reader may work.

This mod does not work because the code use a simple xml parser routine to fetch data for re-post to phpBB.

If you are capable writing php, feel free to modified includes/functions_find.php to add support. For ATOM, read line 173-195 for hints, append case-break above default will do the trick. For RSS feed, add 'else' structure after line 201.

PoPoutdoor

Post by PoPoutdoor » Tue May 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Quick scan the mods with links, no discovery.

If you can install a web server on desktop, try to install this mod after plain phpbb up and run at localhost.
See if this mod works or with the same error on ACP.

InTempest

Post by InTempest » Tue May 14, 2013 10:59 pm

I tried installing it on a fresh board with the same error.

I would love to if I knew how to write php. I know enough to be able to install what i need to in for forums from auto mod. But as far as writing anything from scratch, i'm too much of a graphic designer to be of use. And I currently don't have anyone in my circle who codes php. I have 1 guy who's in school for java but thats about it.

I was talking with another one of my guys about it last night, and i was streaming it so he could see it. And you can see whats going on and what we found. I'm the loud one, and my friend who found the issue is very quiet. I needed to turn him up.

http://www.twitch.tv/vaharesh/b/403291112

I had to run a raid (in WoW) so after we get done talking about this code, you can just skip the last part lol.

PoPoutdoor

Post by PoPoutdoor » Wed May 15, 2013 2:47 am

Life is easier with the video!

From the video, something is not right:

1. Setting page of this mod should be located at ACP index

GENERAL + Board configuration > RSS Import Settings

Not at .mod tag(something wrong activating this mod)

2. Other mod

Around 10:08 at video, screen page is not belonging to this mod, I think is MSSTI RSS Feed 2.0 with ACP

I'm not sure this is the result of code conflicts or you got confused with diffent mods doing similar things.

3. Feed source issue

ALL feeds via Google is NOT working for the http redirect issue(most likely is this mod's bug). You may try feed URL of this thread or feeds from BBC, the XML is well formed and I got no problem from day one. e.g. http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline ... gy/rss.xml

---
Since the mod instructions haven't updated for some versions, using AutoMod may lead to unexpected problems.

Just try install a clean, plain latest phpBB (at localhost or using another URL of the main site), then install this mod by manual editing the code with instructions from install.xml. At least you can get the ACP at the right place with manual import for testing.

InTempest

Post by InTempest » Wed May 15, 2013 5:23 am

1. Setting page of this mod should be located at ACP index
I manually did that. I did the install manually and it is in the general tab. I just keep all extra mods in that one page so it's easier to see for the newer admins.
2. Other mod

Around 10:08 at video, screen page is not belonging to this mod, I think is MSSTI RSS Feed 2.0 with ACP

I'm not sure this is the result of code conflicts or you got confused with diffent mods doing similar things.
No, i know what that addon is supposed to be doing. The guy i was talking with works at Facebook and I was asking him about my outgoing RSS and that RRSS graffiti
3. Feed source issue

ALL feeds via Google is NOT working for the http redirect issue(most likely is this mod's bug). You may try feed URL of this thread or feeds from BBC, the XML is well formed and I got no problem from day one. e.g. http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline ... gy/rss.xml
Tried that feed. Same issue. And i tried importing it from the General tab RSS import
Since the mod instructions haven't updated for some versions, using AutoMod may lead to unexpected problems.

Just try install a clean, plain latest phpBB (at localhost or using another URL of the main site), then install this mod by manual editing the code with instructions from install.xml. At least you can get the ACP at the right place with manual import for testing.
As I said, I started a fresh test board, and installed this again manually (which Did on the main site too) and same issue.

PoPoutdoor

Post by PoPoutdoor » Wed May 15, 2013 4:32 pm

InTempest wrote:As I said, I started a fresh test board, and installed this again manually (which Did on the main site too) and same issue.
Have you try activate this mod with default location? If you already did and still got the same result, maybe something related to your site setting. email me the full phpinfo page screen capture (in screen with not less than 800 pixel)

InTempest

Post by InTempest » Wed May 15, 2013 10:48 pm

I have the screenshots for both the current site, and the test server. But your email isn't listed in your user info. And i'm alittle iffy about posting all my phpinfo in a public thread.

**edited, found your email link.

Also, would it be easier if I just reset the public page and streamed the installation from the start? So you can see step by step?

PoPoutdoor

Post by PoPoutdoor » Thu May 16, 2013 6:00 am

The phpinfo checked, nothing uncommon. You may try changing

html_errors to Off

in either php.ini / .user.ini / .htaccess

Also, clear your browser cache before the new settings go effective.

If you got same error, please zip all files related to this mod(including the edited files, php.ini / .user.ini / .htaccess) and email me.

InTempest

Post by InTempest » Sat May 18, 2013 8:41 am

Sorry it's taken me a min to respond, work has been crazy the past few days. I'll try those edits when I get hom from my shift tomorrow.

fmacmahon

Post by fmacmahon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:15 pm

PoPoutdoor wrote:@fmacmahon

I notice this after phpBB upgrade (from last code release).

I got similar error converting source encoding to UTF-8 containing alternate characters that is not (yet) in ISO-10646, or like some BIG5-HKSCS characters being rejected or need revised.

I haven't start code review to confirm what is the catch, but I'm pretty sure this is related to encoding support (be php, mysql or my code).
Any news about this?

PoPoutdoor

Post by PoPoutdoor » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:29 am

Life is busy and I haven't start the code review.

I'll keep everyone updated when I got this done.

InTempest

Post by InTempest » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Bump for drooling anticipation :D

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”