Modification Description:The ModernDignity Tag Cloud is a animated wordgraph that displays your choice of forum titles, common search words, or usernames in 3D by placing them in a rotating sphere on your index page using Adobe Flash. It works just like a regular tag cloud, but is more visually exciting. This is based on a popular wordpress plugin by Roy Tanck and has been adapted for phpBB3. People like to be visually stimulated, and this is the perfect instrument to attract prospects and eventually convince them to join your forum. It has several options to customize your tag cloud via the ACP module which include: enable/disable, cloud mode, cloud size, font size, bg color, tag color, transparent background, speed, and more.
A demo can be found at http://phpbb.moderndignity.com
Now includes an install file! UMIL makes installing the Mod a breeze!
No SQL to run. No ACP module to create and activate. This is all done for you!
3 easy steps: Run the install file, make minor edits to only a few files, and then copy all the files to your site. Piece of cake!
The cloud is set up to display one of 3 modes:
- All of your Category, Forum, and Subforum titles.
- Common search words pull from the SEARCH_WORDLIST_TABLE.
- All of your Users pulled from the USERS_TABLE.
Modification Version: 1.0.6
- Animated flash movie tag cloud wordgraph for your forum index page.
- Ability to displays all categories, forums, and subforums as a clickable link to their respective location. (Forum Title mode)
- Ability to displays common search words as tags. (Search Wordlist mode)
- Ability to display usernames (colored appropriately) as tags. (All Users mode)
- Can modify the height and width of the flash video.
- Ability to alter the rotation speed of the cloud.
- Can change the background to colored or transparent.
- Can decide whether to randomly place or distribute tags evenly on sphere.
- Ability to customize colors and size of different tags.
- Customize color and size of forum types as a group (ie. Cat, Forum, Sub)
- You can even demo this right from the 'contrib' folder. All the necessary example files are included so you can tweak the options, play with colors, and see all the different options.
- ACP module giving admins the ability to select cloud options (ie. color, size, speed, behavior.)
- XHTML Strict 1.0 compliant
In upcoming version I hope to have:
- [PROGRESS - 50%] Option to add other internal links (ie. Board index, Search, FAQ, etc.) This is currently possible but it has to be manually hard-coded not added through the ACP module.
- [PROGRESS - 50%] Option to add external links (ie. http://www.google.com, http://www.example.com, etc.) This is currently possible but it has to be manually hard-coded not added through the ACP module.
Demo URL: http://phpbb.moderndignity.com
Demo Username: Not applicable
Demo Password: Not applicable
RELEASED IN THE MODDB!