[MODDB] Private Message Moderation

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
twosheds_

Re: [RC] Private Message Moderation

Post by twosheds_ » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:01 pm

s3000 wrote:idea:
limit send PM per day to protect spam PM
example > user can send 5 pm/day
That sounds like an interesting idea for a MOD but I do not plan to include that in this MOD.
TwoSheds
twosheds at twosheds dot com
http://twosheds.com

happypappy

Post by happypappy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi there! First off thanks for this great mod. I have installed the mod and there is now a tab at the top of my ACP titled Private Messages. Everything seems to be working fine except now when I click on "System" then try to click on Admin Control Panel I get this error:

Code: Select all

General Error
Module not accessible

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: admin@

I have installed the MOD via Module Management in this order:
System>Module Management>Administrator Control Panel>System>Administrator Control Panel>added private messages module here.

It installed the module and when I clicked the "back to previous page" link I got the error.

How can I get back my ACP under Module Management? Thanks!

Also, I accidentally ran the SQL twice and now have two Private Messages Tabs in ACP. How do I remove one?

*****EDIT******
I just restored the db and started fresh. Working now

Neoxxx

Post by Neoxxx » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:07 am

I installed the new mod 1.1.0 but in the list of PM i view two copies of same message...why?

if I click on name of user that send message or write a user in "Show messages authored by:" appear this error:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column '1author_id' in 'where clause' [1054]

SQL

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (phpbb_privmsgs p) LEFT JOIN phpbb_privmsgs_to t ON (p.msg_id = t.msg_id) WHERE t.pm_deleted != 1author_id = 1185

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_privmsgs_mod.php
LINE: 198
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_privmsgs_mod->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 76
CALL: p_master->load_active()

And I have 7700 pages of private messages...it's impossible...help me :(

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Ok, I posted v1.1.1 just now to fix that SQL error. (Sorry, it was a finger check that more testing on my part would have found.)
Neoxxx wrote:I installed the new mod 1.1.0 but in the list of PM i view two copies of same message...why?
Because there are two (or more) copies of the private message in the database. The way that phpBB works, every person, send or receiver, has their own copy of the PM in the database. I show each copy of the message in the list so that you can delete them seperately.
Neoxxx wrote:And I have 7700 pages of private messages...it's impossible...help me
How many messages do you show per page? (The number is shown at the bottom of the page. And it defaults to the number of posts that you show in a forum, which is set in your board config settings.) How does your #_of_pages times your #_of_messages_per_page compare to the number of records that are in your phpbb_privmsgs database table? They should be close although they may not be an exact match. (Some records in the table may be marked as being deleted but still be there in the table. My MOD doesn't display these. The deleted message flag for deleted messages is in the phpBB_privmsgs_to table.)
TwoSheds

happypappy

Post by happypappy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Ok, I posted v1.1.1 just now to fix that SQL error. (Sorry, it was a finger check that more testing on my part would have found.)
So what exactly do we need to do to upgrade from the last version? Just run the SQL again? Thanks

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:44 pm

happypappy wrote:So what exactly do we need to do to upgrade from the last version? Just run the SQL again? Thanks
Copy the files from the installation package to your phpBB directories as shown in the install.xml:

<copy>
	<file from="root/includes/acp/info/acp_privmsgs_mod.php" to=" includes/acp/info/acp_privmsgs_mod.php" />
	<file from="root/includes/acp/acp_privmsgs_mod.php" to="includes/acp/acp_privmsgs_mod.php" />
	<file from="root/language/en/mods/info_acp_privmsgs_mod.php" to="language/en/mods/info_acp_privmsgs_mod.php" />
	<file from="root/adm/style/acp_privmsgs_mod.html" to="adm/style/acp_privmsgs_mod.html" />
</copy>
TwoSheds

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:49 pm

happypappy wrote:Also, I accidentally ran the SQL twice and now have two Private Messages Tabs in ACP. How do I remove one?
For future reference, in case others have this problem, here's a screencam showing how to delete a duplicate "Private Messages" tab from your Administrative Control Panel": http://twosheds.com/phpbb3_mods/Remove_ACP_Tab/
TwoSheds

happypappy

Post by happypappy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Just so you know, your install instructions are coming up blank for me. Please verify the new upload install file :)

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi
The find function can only find names in english ;) Other than english cannot be found. ;)

Neoxxx

Post by Neoxxx » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:13 pm

There is a error in install.xml at line 52 ;)

I installad the fix mod...now work the ordering but i see 7750 pages of message...in every page there are 50 messages...it's impossible...
The first time that i intall this mod (version 1.0.0) had 260 pages

is it possible that a message apper only one time?
And of default the text of message don't show but if I click on a message the text show?

maybe I run the sql code for 3 times?

thanks

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:26 pm

happypappy wrote:Just so you know, your install instructions are coming up blank for me. Please verify the new upload install file :)
The install.xml file cannot be viewed in a web browser, which I assume is the default on your system if you just double click the file. Please open this file in a text editor instead.
TwoSheds

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:31 pm

lovelysummer wrote:Hi
The find function can only find names in english ;) Other than english cannot be found. ;)
All the find function is doing is searching for a text match between what you enter and what's in the database. Please know that capitalization and punctuation matter. If the user registered as "TwoSheds" then typing "twosheds" in the find box won't work.

I'll look at this closer to see if phpBB is doing anything special to encode names as it stores them in the registration database. One way to know if this is the problem would be to look at the names in the "From" column and see if they are what you expect. Those names are what the find function is looking for. Do these "From" names look right to you?
Last edited by twosheds_ on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TwoSheds

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:31 pm

Neoxxx wrote:There is a error in install.xml at line 52 ;)
I cannot duplicate this error here. What error are you seeing?
Neoxxx wrote:is it possible that a message apper only one time?
Maybe I can do this, I'll take a closer look to see if that would work.
Neoxxx wrote:And of default the text of message don't show but if I click on a message the text show?
I'm thinking that maybe I need to add a configuration page to this mod that would let folks set this and a few other things as configuration options.
Neoxxx wrote:maybe I run the sql code for 3 times?
That would not matter. All that the SQL does is add the tab in your ACP. It has nothing to do with how the MOD works.
TwoSheds

Neoxxx

Post by Neoxxx » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Do you have also the first release of this mod?

Version 1.0.0 work fine for me... :D

twosheds_ wrote:
Neoxxx wrote:There is a error in install.xml at line 52 ;)
I cannot duplicate this error here. What error are you seeing?

if I delete this tag: </entry> at line 52 the install.xml works ;)
Last edited by Neoxxx on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Neoxxx wrote:Do you have also the first release of this mod?

Version 1.0.0 work fine for me... :D
No, sorry, I don't
TwoSheds

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”