[MODDB] Private Message Moderation

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
lovelysummer

Re: [RC] Private Message Moderation

Post by lovelysummer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:35 pm

The 'find a member' function works very nice now in version 1.4.1 :)

A suggestion to have module version no. in the acp.

Thanks

Neoxxx

Post by Neoxxx » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:16 pm

Is it possible that I click on a PM i read all message?

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Neoxxx wrote:Is it possible that I click on a PM i read all message?
v1.4.1 does that
TwoSheds
twosheds at twosheds dot com
http://twosheds.com

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:41 pm

WPM update:

I can't get the WPM mod to work on my test BB. I installed it, had the 'user_options' problem mentioned in the forum, so I set that as suggested there. Everything else looks right but no welcome message is sent when I register as a new user. No errors, but no message either.

I think that the problem with my MOD is that it doesn't take into account the variables that can be set in the welcome message text. And the only way I could figure out to recognize a WPM message is to compare the text of a PM to the WPM text that's set in the ACP. And that isn't going to work without taking the variables into account. But I can't test this if I can't get WPM working first.

Anyway, I'll keep poking at this, but it's gonna take a little while.
TwoSheds

imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:23 pm

The easiest way I could see this working is to add a new column to the private messages table that is bool (true/false only) called "welcome_pm". Then you'd have to make changes to the WPM mod code to make it set it to one whenever it sends a welcome message. (Although that would make the WPM part more of a addon to go in the contrib/ folder). Then you could just do a query where welcome_pm is set to 0. Just brainstorming here to get around the variables part.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:20 am

imkingdavid wrote:The easiest way I could see this working is to add a new column to the private messages table that is bool (true/false only) called "welcome_pm". Then you'd have to make changes to the WPM mod code to make it set it to one whenever it sends a welcome message. (Although that would make the WPM part more of a addon to go in the contrib/ folder). Then you could just do a query where welcome_pm is set to 0. Just brainstorming here to get around the variables part.
Right, that approach would definitely work but it seems extreme to mod their MOD just so my MOD would work :)

I was thinking of something simpler, like adding a setting to my MOD's config that would allow you to specify a special string and make it so that any messages that contain that string will be filtered out by my MOD. Then you go into WPM and include that string in the message text, making it invisible with [color] tags if need be.

At the moment I'm still working on yet another approach, reading the WPM message definition from the database and translating it into something that can be used in a SQL WHERE $message_text NOT LIKE $wpm_definition but so far I have not been able to get it to work. Too many "%" in the filter and newlines and bbcode. It's a mess.
TwoSheds

ttuu

Post by ttuu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:46 am

you have one mistake.
in the "info_acp_privmsgs_mod.php" lang file:
find:

Code: Select all

'ACP_PRIVMSGS_MOD_VIEW_MSG_TEXT'		=> 'Click to view this message'
replace wite:

Code: Select all

'ACP_PRIVMSGS_MOD_VIEW_MSG_TEXT'		=> 'Click to view this message',

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Thanks for the close scrutiny of the code. I don't think that is a mistake. The final element in an array does not need to be followed by a comma. It can be, but it doesn't need to be.
TwoSheds

imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:31 pm

twosheds_ wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:The easiest way I could see this working is to add a new column to the private messages table that is bool (true/false only) called "welcome_pm". Then you'd have to make changes to the WPM mod code to make it set it to one whenever it sends a welcome message. (Although that would make the WPM part more of a addon to go in the contrib/ folder). Then you could just do a query where welcome_pm is set to 0. Just brainstorming here to get around the variables part.
Right, that approach would definitely work but it seems extreme to mod their MOD just so my MOD would work :)

I was thinking of something simpler, like adding a setting to my MOD's config that would allow you to specify a special string and make it so that any messages that contain that string will be filtered out by my MOD. Then you go into WPM and include that string in the message text, making it invisible with [color] tags if need be.

At the moment I'm still working on yet another approach, reading the WPM message definition from the database and translating it into something that can be used in a SQL WHERE $message_text NOT LIKE $wpm_definition but so far I have not been able to get it to work. Too many "%" in the filter and newlines and bbcode. It's a mess.
Well, there are of course multiple solutions. I like the first one you mentioned best where you specify a string to look for and then filtering out messages with that string.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

ttuu

Post by ttuu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:19 pm

twosheds_ wrote:Thanks for the close scrutiny of the code. I don't think that is a mistake. The final element in an array does not need to be followed by a comma. It can be, but it doesn't need to be.
before i fix it myself the ACP show me blank page.

Neoxxx

Post by Neoxxx » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:03 am

Hello, is possible to add in the mod a research of words in the message text or subject?

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:46 pm

ttuu wrote:before i fix it myself the ACP show me blank page.
Ok. Well, like I said, it can be coded either way, so I'll add the comma in the release that I'm posting today.
TwoSheds

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Neoxxx wrote:Hello, is possible to add in the mod a research of words in the message text or subject
It's possible. I'll add that idea to the list.
TwoSheds

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:57 pm

I'm posting v1.4.2 today. The link and update instructions are in the post at the top of this thread.

The big change in this release is the change in the approach to filtering out WPM messages. I am going with the generic approach that I mentioned earlier. There is now a field in the configuration screen of the MOD that allows you to enter a plain text string that will be used to filter out messages. i.e., any message that contains that string in the message body will not be displayed in the message list. This must be a plain text string, no BBcode, no HTML, no variables, etc.

In addition to that there have a been a number of internal code changes to address various MOD validation and standards compliance issues. Those changes should be transparent. (I hope.)
TwoSheds

eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:52 pm

show, but and permissions adm?
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”