[MODDB] Private Message Moderation

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Neoxxx

Re: [RC] Private Message Moderation

Post by Neoxxx » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:59 pm

Is it possible to insert a filter that view all messages between two users?

Thanks

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Ok posted another new version, v1.2.0. To update, copy the four files in the root/ directory of the installation package to your phpBB directory.

Changes:
  • Fixes the bug in the index.xml mentioned above.
  • Changed so that duplicate copies of messages in the database are no longer displayed.
  • Change to better handle non-english names in the author name search. A by-product of this change is that names in this field are no longer case sensitive.
TwoSheds
twosheds at twosheds dot com
http://twosheds.com

Neoxxx

Post by Neoxxx » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:12 pm

twosheds_ wrote:Ok posted another new version, v1.2.0. To update, copy the four files in the root/ directory of the installation package to your phpBB directory.

Changes:
  • Fixes the bug in the index.xml mentioned above.
  • Changed so that duplicate copies of messages in the database are no longer displayed.
  • Change to better handle non-english names in the author name search. A by-product of this change is that names in this field are no longer case sensitive.

Very well...now apper only one message :D

Thanks

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:16 pm

Ok, the next release, v1.3.0, is ready:
  • I added a configuration page for the module that allows you to set preferences for the number of messages displayed per page, whether or not message text is displayed and whether or not messages from the WPM mod are included. You can still toggle these things from the bottom of the listing but now you can set a default, startup behaviour too.
  • I changed it so that, when you have elected not to display message text in the message list, clicking on the message subject line will pop up a window containing the message text.
  • I completely reworked the installation and update process to more fully utilize the functionality in AUTOMOD and UMIL. Hopefully this brings me more in line with the "standard" install/update process for phpBB3. I added installation/update instructions to the original post at the top of this thread.
TwoSheds

Neoxxx

Post by Neoxxx » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:34 pm

I installed version 1.4.0

Good job... :D

imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:26 am

Neoxxx wrote:I installed version 1.4.0

Good job... :D
Wow, that's great, considering the latest release is 1.3.0. ;)

Anyway, I'll try this MOD out when I get the chance.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Neoxxx

Post by Neoxxx » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:04 am

if you look in the install.xml there is version 1.4.0 ;)

imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Neoxxx wrote:if you look in the install.xml there is version 1.4.0 ;)
Hadn't thought of that. :S

Anyway, I installed it and the WPM thing gave me an error. I commented it out and it works for now, except it doesn't hide any WPM genereated messages

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:45 pm

Anyone would like to try finding username in other language , I have tried arabian , simplied chinese name in the 1.4.0 version . The result returns only ?????? in the find boxand list out all the pms. Is it something concern about the Utf8 ?

Thanks

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Sorry, yes there is a v1.4.0 now. I uploaded it yesterday. It includes a round of fixes prompted by the MOD validation review process. It also adds the feature that Neoxxx asked about earlier, to be able to follow a conversation between two people. Now you can:
  1. Click on a name in the From column to see all the messages written by that user
  2. Click on a name in the To column to see all the messages sent to that user
  3. Enter two names in the filter at the bottom of the page to see all of the messages back and forth between two users.

You can also enter a user name in one of the filter fields and leave the other one blank to do searches for messages written by or received by a named user. This is the same as #1 and #2 above, but you're entering the names manually instead of clicking on them.
Installation and upgrade instructions are in the post at the top of this thread.
TwoSheds

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:14 pm

lovelysummer wrote:Anyone would like to try finding username in other language , I have tried arabian , simplied chinese name in the 1.4.0 version . The result returns only ?????? in the find boxand list out all the pms. Is it something concern about the Utf8 ?
Does the same thing happen if you use the "Find a member" links to select the names from the list instead of typing them in by hand?
TwoSheds

imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:44 pm

The filter doesn't work for me; it just refreshes the page. And neither does the WPM part, as those messages show.

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:54 pm

twosheds_ wrote:
lovelysummer wrote:Anyone would like to try finding username in other language , I have tried arabian , simplied chinese name in the 1.4.0 version . The result returns only ?????? in the find boxand list out all the pms. Is it something concern about the Utf8 ?
Does the same thing happen if you use the "Find a member" links to select the names from the list instead of typing them in by hand?
Yes, that is the way I find a member, select from the pop-up list window . And tried again by typing the name . Both not work.

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:19 pm

lovelysummer wrote:Both not work.
Ok. I found some more information on how phpBB3 handles multibyte text and user names in their Coding Guidelines document and I have made the changes they recommend. Please try new version 1.4.1 and tell me if it fixes the problem.

Thank you for having patience.
TwoSheds

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:26 pm

imkingdavid wrote:The filter doesn't work for me; it just refreshes the page. And neither does the WPM part, as those messages show.
Not sure what to tell you about the filter. It works great here on my test and multiple production boards. You refreshed browser and board caches and all that I assume? I did see some odd behavior until I did that.

The WPM stuff has only been lightly tested. I'll take a deeper dive on that.
TwoSheds

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”