[MODDB] Private Message Moderation

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Re: [RC] Private Message Moderation

Post by imkingdavid » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:32 pm

I updated. The WPM filter works nicely for my purposes. Thanks for the hard work!
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:12 pm

Neoxxx wrote:Hello, is possible to add in the mod a research of words in the message text or subject
Ok, version 1.5.0 is posted and includes this feature. As always, see the first post in this thread for the download link and installation/update instructions.

The search box is at the top left, just above the messages list. It accepts simple text strings and you can use "*" (asterisk) as a wildcard. There's no boolean (AND, OR, NOT) support. Searches are not case sensitive.
TwoSheds
twosheds at twosheds dot com
http://twosheds.com

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Posted v1.5.1. This release corrects several problems which prevented the validation of this MOD by the phpBB team. There are no bug fixes or new features in this release.
TwoSheds

mustang172

Post by mustang172 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:18 pm

What a good improvement of this MOD (since 1.2.0), congratulations

BTW, I have a question regarding the Filter out:

I have installed several MODs who generate automatically PM, and It seems that only 1 string is allowed ... so how can I filter out 2 or 3 strings

Thanks

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:21 pm

mustang172 wrote:I have installed several MODs who generate automatically PM, and It seems that only 1 string is allowed ... so how can I filter out 2 or 3 strings
Currently there's no provision for that.

One thing you can do, although it will only help with new messages, is to put the same text string into all of the automated messages that those MODs send out. For example: pick a random string of characters and make it invisible by making it or something like that.

I'll think about an alternative. Maybe I could enable a logical "or" of some sort.
TwoSheds

imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:38 pm

You could put at the end of all automatically generated messages something like "Thanks, the {sitename} team!" and then just never use this in your own messages. Although being able to add multiple filters would be helpful for some.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Redy

Post by Redy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:01 am

Hehe,luxury MOD! :D thx, works well without problems :)

lacaliboy

Post by lacaliboy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:30 pm

How do I make it so that only the ADMIN can see the messages and not the moderators?

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:50 pm

The security for this ACP module is set to be admin only when it is installed, or at least that's the way it's supposed to be. Perhaps you made your moderators "Forum Admin" instead of one of the Moderator roles? Any one of the multiple types of Administrator defined in phpBB will have access to the Module, given the way that it's installed.

There isn't any GUI that I know of for setting ACP module security. You'd have to do it by changing the database. The table in question is phpbb_modules. You would want to find the rows that have a value that starts with ACP_PRIVMSGS_MOD_ in the module_langname column. There are four of these. Then you'd want to look at the "module_auth" column. Two of the four records have nothing in that column. Those are the definitions for the tab and the category and they are supposed to be blank. Then there are two more records, one for the moderate and one for the the configure modes of the module. The security role for each of these is set to "acl_a_" which means any of the phpBB admin roles will see this module in the ACP. You can find a list of all of the acl_a_* roles in language/en/acp/permissions_phpbb.php.

The only way I know of to change the role settings for an ACP module would be to edit those columns in those two records in the database and change the "acl_a_" to something else, i.e., one of the values listed in permissions_phpbb.php.
TwoSheds

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:05 pm

I have posted v1.5.2. The download and upgrade instructions have not changed. They are in the first post in this thread.

This version corrects a number of problems noted in the latest validation review by the phpBB folks. Most of these were minor changes. There was one huge change that drastically changed the way that I process the "To" addresses for each message but these changes were all internal. A ton of work for me, but you won't see any change in the way that things work. Or at least I hope not.

I did add one new feature. Now, when a message has been deleted by all of the recipients and the only place it still exists is in the author's SentBox, you will see the flag "(SentBox)" next to the author's name.
TwoSheds

Khamosh-Saya
Name: Jamshed Ansari

Post by Khamosh-Saya » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:58 pm

Will Install InshahAllah :)

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:40 am

The version I previously uploaded, v1.5.2, mysterious disappeared from the pbpBB3 reviewers' queue so I have just uploaded v1.5.3 for their review. I am also making that available for you here.

I have moved the development of this MOD into Sourceforge. Version 1.5,3 can be now be downloaded from there -> https://sourceforge.net/projects/privmsgsmod/

Sourceforge provides bug trackers, feature request trackers, and other tools that will be most useful as I continue to develop this ACP plug-in for phpBB3.

Version 1.5.3 adds support for group names in the "To" column of the message display.

Instructions for installing or updating this plug-in can be found on Sourceforge.
TwoSheds

image45
Name: Robert

Post by image45 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:04 am

Are you able to adjust the permissions yet for the Private Message Moderation section in the ACP (Admin Control Panel) so the different admin roles can or can not have access to this tab?

Thanks ~ Robert

twosheds_

Post by twosheds_ » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:35 am

I have not added code to my MOD to support that. In my head, adjusting permissions for ACP modules is a general feature that is better supported by a MOD built for that purpose, or for a feature request to the phpBB developers themselves, to ask them to add that function to their module management screens.

Right now your only option is to make these changes manually in the database, as I described earlier. That doesn't seem too hard to do to me. But maybe that's just me.

I guess if there's enough demand for this (and there seems to be) I could think about making the selection of admin type an option on the config page in my module. Normally, anyone who can see the module can change a configuration setting. Should that be different here? Should the ability to make this config change be limited? Founder only? Or some other admin type?
TwoSheds

Neoxxx

Post by Neoxxx » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:24 pm

I update mod from 1.5.1 to 15.3 but now the Private message menù doesn't open...

I replace all old file and i run /install/index.php, then i insert in adm/style/overall_header.html this code

<!-- IF S_IN_ACP_PRIVMSGS_MOD -->
<link href="style/acp_privmsgs_mod.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="style/acp_privmsgs_mod.js"></script>
<!-- ENDIF -->

after <link href="style/admin.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" />

but the mod doesn't work :(

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”