[RC] BBcode Color in Code 1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Porutchik
I've Been Banned!
Name: Sergey O

[RC] BBcode Color in Code 1.0.1

Post by Porutchik »

Modification Name: BBcode Color in Code

Author: Porutchik

Modification Description: Allows one to use the BBCode [color] and [/color] inside of a BBCode

Code: Select all

This allows greater flexibility when posting code segments without loosing the formatting.

This phpBB3 modification was adapted from an existing phpBB2 modification titled BBcode Colours in Code by BrotherTank.

[color=purple][size=120][b]Modification Version:[/b][/size][/color]  1.0.1

[color=purple][size=120][b]Screenshots:[/b][/size][/color] [url=http://forum.aeroion.ru/download.php?id=194][b]Result after posting form:[/b][/url]

[color=purple][size=120][b]Demo URL:[/b][/size][/color]  none

[color=purple][size=120][b]Modification Download:[/b][/size][/color] [url=http://forum.aeroion.ru/download.php?id=195]Main Download[/url]  

[b]MOD Request:[/b] http://www.phpbb.com/community//viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1430615

[url=http://forum.aeroion.ru/topic457.html]Support page on Russian[/url]
Last edited by Porutchik on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My forum | Advanced Similar Topics
Excuse me please for my awful English. Thanks!. Please do not P.M., ICQ or email me for support help - you won't get any reply. If you have a question or issue, post it in the appropriate forum/topic.
Boardtalk.net
Name: Colette

Re: [BETA] BBcode Color in Code 1.0.0

Post by Boardtalk.net »

Now that's really handy! :D
Funny thing is, this is what I wanted today.

Thanks for another great mod, I will try this.
;)

Update:
Have just tested it and it works a treat! I'm even using [RC3]kida7's Mod - Almsamim wysiwyg phpbb3 0.0.9
Thanks again,
:D
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Re: [BETA] BBcode Color in Code 1.0.0

Post by Meis2M »

tnx its very good
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM
Ultimate phpBB SEO Friendly URL extension
BrotherTank
Name: Greg

Re: [RC] BBcode Color in Code 1.0.0

Post by BrotherTank »

Yes, thanks for converting this over to phpBB3. It would have been nice to be contacted first, even a PM would have worked... Oh well...

Greg
BrotherTank
The probability of someone watching you is directly related to the stupidity of your actions.
"The two most abundant elements in the universe are Hydrogen & Stupidity - H. Ellison"

Visit DieHard Wolfers for the latest updates to Wolfenstein 3d SDL - Which runs in Window 98 to Win8
The original 1992 game lives on - a true DieHard!
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Nice mod, but what if in some situations you don't want the color code to parse in the code block? :/
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Porutchik
I've Been Banned!
Name: Sergey O

Post by Porutchik »

I did not think about it. This mod was developed 3 years ago
My forum | Advanced Similar Topics
Excuse me please for my awful English. Thanks!. Please do not P.M., ICQ or email me for support help - you won't get any reply. If you have a question or issue, post it in the appropriate forum/topic.
BrotherTank
Name: Greg

Post by BrotherTank »

That's ok Porutchik. I am still using phpBB2 on my forums, as being hit by the car 7 years ago made it a little tough to go through the learning curve all over again. I had planned on converting it for version 3, I even offered the code to the boys writing 3 to include as at the time I wrote the original, there were sooo many people looking for exactly this. I just thought even a PM would have been nice...lol.. I've been playing with phpBB3 with a local Easyphp setup on my local machine for a while... but hadn't gotten around to doing the conversion..

@Jessica... I'm not sure I get the question, as I can't see why you would post a section of code that used the color bbcode unless you actually wanted to change the colour of the code in question. That was the reason for the original mod in the first place, was to be able to show a section of code and highlight sections of that using different colours to show either addition or removal. My forum users wanted it because it made it easier for them to spot exactly what they were changing within specific sections of the code they were playing with in the game.

@phpBB4 - Area51 - Please look into including this code in the next version of phpBB or something along those lines. It sounds like a minor thing, but when included, especially in a forum where code is being posted, it allows one to make it 100% clear things to be added, removed, changed, within a section of code, and reduces the requests for clarification on such modifications.

Greg
BrotherTank
The probability of someone watching you is directly related to the stupidity of your actions.
"The two most abundant elements in the universe are Hydrogen & Stupidity - H. Ellison"

Visit DieHard Wolfers for the latest updates to Wolfenstein 3d SDL - Which runs in Window 98 to Win8
The original 1992 game lives on - a true DieHard!

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”